Author Topic: Reload Bug  (Read 1044 times)

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
Reload Bug
« on: June 19, 2009, 04:11:43 pm »
This seems to only happen to me when I'm using the minimi (granted, I use that weapon much more then others).  It also doesn't seem to happen to often.  Basically randomly I find my minimi reload for no reason it all.  Thing is though, I know I haven't pressed the reload button, and it seems to only happen when I have full ammo.  I've also noticed it tends to happen  most often after I spawn.  This wouldn't be that huge of a deal, but with the minimi's long reload, its quite bothersome.

I've talked with a few people about this, but it seems to only happen to me.  It also only started up after 1.5 came out.  It also shouldn't be confused with the old flagthrow/weapon drop bug of the old version that only happened when someone joined the game.  This bug seems to be able to happen at any point during a match.

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
Re: Reload Bug
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 06:26:15 pm »
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=29856.0
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=34044.0

It's happened to me a few times as well. Alternatively, you could stop using minimi.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 08:08:00 pm »
This happens with any weapon, even with a barret :( Old bug that has not been fixed yet :'(

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:09:52 pm »
never happened to me with any weapon in my 5 years of playing soldat @.@

Offline Vv00t-SN

• Camper
  • I aim to please!
    • fuck you skoskav & everyone else fucking with my profile all the time.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 03:53:37 pm »
happens to me with Spas roughly once every round.

either this kid has a lightbulb up his butt, or his colon has a great idea.
Soldat Quote DB: http://qdb.soldatgather.com/

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 04:47:13 pm »
You mean the bug when at once your ammo gets to 0 and you have to reload then?
Yeh, it is pesky when you are defending, as it usually happens a short time after the spawn, also, i noticed that sometimes the minimi ammo doesnt always get 0 but it often gets to 12-13 bullets while a moment ago it was 50 and you werent shooting.

Also, noticed that it doesnt appear if you have shot allready a bullet, also for minimi, if you have 50 bullets and shoot one (or more :P) so it wont be 50 (obviously) the ammo wont "disappear".
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 09:53:06 pm »
This seems to only happen to me when I'm using the minimi (granted, I use that weapon much more then others).  It also doesn't seem to happen to often.  Basically randomly I find my minimi reload for no reason it all.  Thing is though, I know I haven't pressed the reload button, and it seems to only happen when I have full ammo.

I've talked with a few people about this, but it seems to only happen to me.  It also only started up after 1.5 came out.
Ahh, this bug. There have been many reports about it in 1.5, it's a new bug in 1.5. I've found some interesting things about this reload bug.

1) When it happens, you can hear the sound of a Spas shell being loaded into the weapon, then the weapon begins to reload.

2) Strangely, when I played in some of my own personal mods, I literally saw my character, as well as that of a Boogie Man bot, reloading his weapon as though it were a Spas. For example, normally for the Minimi and Chainsaw, you'd remove the entire clip and end up in a normal reload. In this special scenario, I end up reloading the gun bullet by bullet, as though it were a Spas, complete with the Spas reload sounds and animation as well. The same happened to the Boogie Man bot with the chainsaw. The ammo did not start from 0 when this happened though, it just started reloading at whatever ammo I had. If I left the gun to reload and did not interfere, it would continue reloading bullet by bullet until the maximum ammo of the gun is reached.

This bug occurs to all weapons at ANY ammo value, and if you happen to be already reloading when this happens, your reload will reset again. Since this bug is related to the Spas, I'd deduce that the bug occurs ever since the recent adding of a new Spas feature, probably the one whereby rolling doesn't cancel reloading.

Try rolling/backflipping more often, see if it causes the bug to occur more frequently.

Also check if anyone is using a Spas. It is possible that this only occurs if someone in the server has a Spas.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:07:00 pm by STM1993 »

Offline -Bendarr-

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 10:25:24 pm »
Whilst gathering, and using the minimi, I've noticed a few times I've randomly rejoined the game, and had to repick my gun, which is REALLY annoying. Does this play in with the same glitch?

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 12:20:01 am »
@ STM- I think that is a different bug, it the case i mentioned, the ammo just drops, as i havent noticed anything else, but it starts reloading like a spas. That one is rare to me (the one you mentioned).
But it can be stoped by the same way like the spas reload stops, and its kinda funny when you reload 50 bullets one by one.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 06:26:39 am »
Whilst gathering, and using the minimi, I've noticed a few times I've randomly rejoined the game, and had to repick my gun, which is REALLY annoying. Does this play in with the same glitch?
No, but that bug should be fixed at 1.5.1
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven