Author Topic: Current project  (Read 4256 times)

DarkCrusade

Re: Current project
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 02:42:37 pm »
The grip could be better if you do it like on this MP7 version: ClickMe
Also: check the screen, there are these little metalthingys that I dont know how to call that helps to aim better. It would make your MP7 look much more realistic ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 02:44:34 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 11:23:47 pm »
Ironsights? A reflex (or "red-dot") sight? Perhaps, but thanks to the extended clip, I can't make it any taller without starting to overlap the next weapon... Well, I could squish the weapon down, perhaps... I dunno, do you think it's worth it? (see attached)
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

DarkCrusade

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 01:16:26 am »
This looks better in my opinion, from what I see you should go with that ;) I am by the way very angry for the Nova and I wont forgive you :P

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 07:41:10 am »
Do we have any fans of Fallkniven?
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist

DarkCrusade

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 08:13:10 am »
Yes, me, try to give the blade a little blue color (no yellow :) )

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 03:42:30 pm »
I've totally been working on the mod, instead of, say, obsessing over Mirror's Edge. Further improvement continues, I assure you all.

I was considering having one of the teams wearing a military-style exoskeleton as one of the gosteks, as seen in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games or those currently in development in real life. Tell me what you think of the attached image. Two things to note about it: 1) The green color is the player's selected colors. 2) It's far from finished, as it lacks any shading.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 04:04:20 pm »
Gosteks look good but that green color is Horrible could you pick another color?

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 04:37:31 pm »
Try sand brown or a real dark gray on that gostek. Maybe it doesn't lack that much shading rather than the right color.
b&

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 04:45:40 pm »
I used the green for visibility, but as you wish. *shrug* This is using the standard "Gray" color of the color picker.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 04:57:54 pm »
I used the green for visibility, but as you wish. *shrug* This is using the standard "Gray" color of the color picker.

Darker, a lot darker, just don't let it look black.
b&

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 05:29:34 pm »
You can pick your own color when you play it, but some people might want to be able to play with bright colors and/or white, so I won't be darkening it very much (with the exception of shading). What I'm mainly concerned about is the shape and style of the machine. I was trying for a kind of "frame with a large backpack" design (even if most of the pack is hidden by the arms). You know, if something looks wrong, a strap is out of place, and so forth.

Also, a nice trick I pulled, is that the frame on the foot uses the player color, whereas stopa.bmp can't normally take your color into consideration.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2009, 04:12:36 pm »
Well, I canĀ“t see a backpack on the gostek, try to make it bigger. Some parts of the exoskeleton are standing out, add 1 pixel on the backside of the gostek-gfx to make the skeleton more visable. Gostek lacks of shading till now, but you already mentioned that :)

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2009, 02:56:23 pm »
I'm almost happy with the exoskeleton now. Once I shade this, I think I'll be done with it. It even has its own unique body armor (in form of armor plates attached to the frame).

(This particular soldat has a helmet, and a dull red/grey color scheme. He's also holding his arms in the air so you can see his klata better.)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2009, 04:12:17 pm »
He is perfect, that is all to say ;) If I understood you right you make a very realistic postmilitary mod. As cyborgs are a technology in which much money is going to be invested you could think about making

A) A technician (casual clothes)
B) A prototype cyborg (plump)
C) An optimized cyborg (like in Terminator)

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 05:31:08 pm »
Wow, that REALLY looks like a skeleton, but don't shade it too much, would ruin the plate style ;/
b&

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 01:53:46 pm »
Guess what? You're all lucky. The server I normally use to distribute test versions to my team of awesome testers is giving me server errors... So I'll make an open beta.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://files.filefront.com/LandWarriorzip/;13927620;/fileinfo.html

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 01:57:12 pm »
Woot first to download  ;D

I'll give my review later after i've tested it