Poll

Do you think that those who arent registered deserve some of the things registered users have?

Yes
3 (4.5%)
Kinda
5 (7.5%)
Maybe
3 (4.5%)
Perhaps
1 (1.5%)
No
54 (80.6%)
I dont Know!
1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: unregistered player's rights  (Read 4277 times)

Offline Rreaper

• Major(1)
  • In-game ID: Reaper
unregistered player's rights
« on: June 25, 2009, 11:58:25 pm »
i just need an opinion on this one. i would not like to spend my money to be registered to soldat, so i made this post to see what you think that unregistered voters should have colored jet flames, mod screen, mini map, and in game mp3 players.
only a noob would do this [socom] [retard]

http://m00.enesce.com/ go to it and support m00`or M79 rounds fall on your house >:D

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: unregistered player's rights
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 12:54:13 am »
No.

The registered players paid for all these. They deserve it. The non-reg ones, however, did not pay for anything, they just get to play the game for free. They just get the basics as a result. Where do you think the creator(s) of any thing such as a game get their money if that thing was free? It's by giving extra privileges to those who pay for it instead of getting it for free.

And this is coming from a non-registered player.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:57:11 am by STM1993 »

Offline N. Escalona

• Major(1)
  • Pretentious Nutknot
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 01:38:39 am »
You don't deserve to get more than you pay for. You don't deserve any game at all.
Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?
Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?
I'd gladly do it because
I don't want to fade away.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 02:09:29 am »
I registered and I like my colored jet flames.

Plus, aside from minimap (which is turned off in most competitive games), members benefits are totally aesthetic, providing no improvement to the gameplay itself.

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 05:01:20 am »
No, this is stupid. Why would the developer of a popular game want to lose money on the basis of a person not wanting to pay money?

btw, your poll is also stupid. You don't need to select two options when it's a simple Yes/No poll. Poll basics.
Proudly Australian :)

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 05:07:30 am »
If you truly appreciate this game, you will register. Otherwise, you get what is given to you; nothing more.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 07:04:13 am »
Uh... Then why would you register?

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 08:56:15 am »
Registering is there for a reason. To get the benefits of Soldat you must register and pay the full price for the game. If you don't comply well then the benefits are not for you.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 09:47:59 am »
Even though Soldat is technically a 'shareware' game, you're still able to play the game for just as long and with just as many game modes/maps etc than a registered player- making the registering fee more of a donation than anything; and yet you think that you deserve to be given more?

And what's with the thread title? It makes unregistered players sound like an ethnic group.  ::)

You don't deserve to get more than you pay for. You don't deserve any game at all.

QFT
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 02:53:02 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Map Artist

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 09:41:37 pm »
I think the minimap should be available to all players, regardless of being registered or not.  Coming from a player that used to not be registered, I can say that it gives those who are a slight advantage during gameplay.

Otherwise, I see everything else as a bonus.
It lurks in the deep, waiting for the perfect moment to strike...

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 01:35:08 am »
Shouldn't people who pay money be better off? It encourages people to register in order to gain the minimap.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 04:15:21 am »
100% NO

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 02:31:46 am »
What was that DarkCrusade? I'm guessing yes... :D

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 03:28:03 pm »
1.Perhaps, maybe, and kinda all mean the same thing, fix the poll, Einstein.
2.No. Because the registry feature is supposed to encourage players to motivate and aid MM in the maintenance and upholding of soldat, and in return receive a little gift to show appreciation.
b&

DarkCrusade

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 06:48:27 am »
What was that DarkCrusade? I'm guessing yes... :D
I F11d this :P

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 07:02:24 am »

Plus, aside from minimap (which is turned off in most competitive games), members benefits are totally aesthetic, providing no improvement to the gameplay itself.

indeed, i registered to help the game,pay for it (and because i wanted the colored flames and other interfaces)
but registering shouldnt be about having better looks in the game, just support the game...

Offline MadDog

• Major(1)
  • Niiiiiighhhht Proooowwwllaaa
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 07:06:56 am »
Yeah, speaking about "supporting" the game, you know there's this guy on Youtube who's letting people download his registered user file for free? Check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65fzwn9PJDE

I bet that's helping sales. What is wrong with people? This isn't a $60 Halo game. It's 10 bucks. MM needs to figure out a way to stop that. That got to me.
Jules: "Describe what Marsellus Wallace- looks like!"
Brett: "What?"
Jules: Say "what" again! Say "WHAT" again! I dare you! I Double-Dare you motha-[******]! Say "what" one more god-d**n time!

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 07:31:30 am »
The video is already a year old. I doubt the register file works.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 08:27:05 am »

indeed, i registered to help the game,pay for it (and because i wanted the colored flames and other interfaces)
but registering shouldnt be about having better looks in the game, just support the game...

I registered, too, because I wanted to support a great game. But I really think there should be more things for us registered users like more stylish headdress and such.

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 08:57:32 am »
I have to agree with you DarkCrusade. Registering doesn't look as good as I would think. If there were to be more bonuses, sure I may consider it. Consider.

Offline Bloody Demon(SLO)

• Major(1)
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 12:28:06 pm »
wtf man i have registered soldat but i did not pay i admit i got it for free

Offline Bloody Demon(SLO)

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 12:33:21 pm »
lol i didnt know soldat registration was 10 bucks lol [retard]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:39:53 pm by Bloody Demon(SLO) »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 01:14:53 pm »
I've F11'd to this idea. Unregistered players should have even less privelages than they have now. And here it goes my idea: make servers where only registered players can join and play, checking for multiple regs. Reg system could work like some account system...I don't know if you got my point. ;>
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

DarkCrusade

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 02:14:02 pm »
This is shit, Wookash. Soldat is a free game and should not have such a big advantage to registered players.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 02:29:19 pm »
We don't deserve any games in the first place since we are unwilling to pay, yet we got it. It's only right that those who paid should get better quality, even if it is an advantage over non-reg players.

Offline RaiRass_Rosato

• Major(1)
  • I am imacheater2k7 reincarnated.
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 04:37:14 pm »
First off, as a grammar Nazi, I have to tell you that you have the worst poll I have ever seen. For one, many of those words are superfluous copies of each other, and you also only need to choose ONE option in a Yes/No poll.

Now, to address the actual topic here: Unregistered users such as you, those who feel oppressed, need to realize some very important things. First and foremost, the fact that you're complaining about something that you paid absolutely nothing for is a sign of sheer ignorance. You just don't seem to realize the quality of the free package, especially seeing as there are absolutely NO major gameplay alterations in the registered version.

Secondly, what little bonuses registered users DO have access to are rightfully theirs. I've lost my registration due to re-formatting 2 times now, and I still register. Why? Because I enjoy the game and wish to support it. The fact that I can change some aesthetics and get a minimap are just bonuses. However, neither of those are utterly important in any way. Not having a cool HUD interface and a map that points out where your teammates are (even though you can find them anyway on the screen edges) are not game-breaking things.

The basic thing I'm saying is: Don't complain about free stuff. If you don't want to register, then you obviously don't want the perks that badly in the first place.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 06:24:36 pm »
@Bloody demon: You should've edited your first post instead of double posting, it's spam.
Also, in that case it just shows that you are either: 1- A greedy bastard.
Or, 2- Another one of them reg-hackers\thieves\or encourage hacking.
b&

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 10:45:06 pm »
RaiRass has pretty much summed up what I've been trying to say. DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT A FREE PROGRAM.

I'm going to contact a moderator to clean up the poll...

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 10:42:00 am »
NO. These are there as a reward for donating to Mike and Soldat.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 05:14:57 am »
Well, I vote for

Close this fucking topic

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 04:46:55 pm »
I think registered players shouldn't have any bonuses that give them advantage over unregged. It's find it unfair. Fair for MM and/or NSC, since they get the money, but not fair for players. Great balance is one of Soldat's good sides, so why ruin it with paid advantages?
Bonuses that make a player be different and unique from unregged players is enough. Same system is used in S4 League and Battlefield Heroes. Everyone has access to all guns and some clothes, but for real money you can get same weapons with different colors, and more unique clothes.

Colored jets, a star in scores, resolution change - that's fine. But a minimap should be available for unregged users too, IMO.
More minor features for regged users would make it more worth the money. Like an ability to mod your own gostek, but just your OWN. So when you join a server, other players would automatically download it and see you with your unique gostek instead of default one. Or other similar features, like as Wookash mentioned, an account system that maybe keeps your stats or something like that.

-----------

didn't vote, because honestly, i dont see much difference between 
"Kinda Maybe Perhaps"
Kinda maybe perhaps next time you should be more specific ;|

Offline RaiRass_Rosato

• Major(1)
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 05:06:07 pm »
Well, L[0ne]R, the mini-map is unavailable to unregistered players for a reason. Such a feature, although helpful in its own ways, is superfluous to gameplay, offering no TRUE advantages to players who can use it. Those who don't have it hold no excuse for losing against those who do. You're still able to fight back just as well using the same weapons, and unless you kill a buddy of theirs, enemy team members won't even know you're coming all the same.

If it played a big enough role in player assistance, it most likely would become free. But, as it is, there are no serious disadvantages to NOT having it.

Now that this is all settled, may we please close this topic?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 11:39:05 pm »
Such a feature, although helpful in its own ways, is superfluous to gameplay, offering no TRUE advantages to players who can use it. Those who don't have it hold no excuse for losing against those who do. You're still able to fight back just as well using the same weapons, and unless you kill a buddy of theirs, enemy team members won't even know you're coming all the same.

Good point. Well then, the current list of features for regged and unregged players is fine. But i'm really looking forward for more customization features like the unique gosteks that i suggested. ;O Right now regged players dont get as much as they should.

p.s. whats with people back-seat moderating? It's admin's decision if topic should be locked or not. Maybe someone still has something to add (even though there isnt much to add, but who knows?).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 11:40:59 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline RaiRass_Rosato

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2009, 12:55:12 am »
It's not that I'm trying to do the moderators' jobs, but this topic is open for flaming if certain people feel so inclined to defend their 'unregistered rights'...

Not to mention, the point is already across... There's little to add. I'm only suggesting that it be closed. It still IS up to the mods.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2009, 03:27:49 am »
I haven't registered, simply because MM doesn't deserve it.

Offline RaiRass_Rosato

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 04:24:26 am »
F4||3N, it's comments like that that make me want this topic closed. You don't think MM deserves it? You don't think that you should be paying for the game you're ALREADY able to play and are a member of its fan forums? Then, I do believe you are not much of a fan. Remember before you speak that you're getting for free what many other developers would have forced you to pay for.

Perhaps you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, F4||3N. If you don't appreciate what you have, then perhaps YOU don't deserve the game.

I know I probably sound like a flamer right now, but I don't understand something like that... I apologize.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2009, 05:02:41 am »
It's just a personal opinion. Just because someone had the opportunity to learn programming doesn't mean they deserve to make money off of what they make.

A real game developer wouldn't just abandon a game to make a new one. Sure they should focus more on their new game, but to show no interest what so ever, doesn't make them worthy enough for my money!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2009, 07:00:24 am »
It's just a personal opinion. Just because someone had the opportunity to learn programming doesn't mean they deserve to make money off of what they make.

A real game developer wouldn't just abandon a game to make a new one. Sure they should focus more on their new game, but to show no interest what so ever, doesn't make them worthy enough for my money!

Then I hope one day MM wakes up to see that you assholes do not deserve soldat, and he's wasting his time for a game on selfish bastards, order to have his servers shut down, and start selling soldat for money, reg or no reg. That's when you'll start crying about it.
b&

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2009, 08:20:07 am »
People can make money out of anything. That's called capitalism, I'm pretty sure. If my modern history is correct.

This thread is turning out worse that I thought it would...geez.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2009, 08:50:54 am »
Then I hope one day MM wakes up to see that you assholes do not deserve soldat, and he's wasting his time for a game on selfish b*****ds, order to have his servers shut down, and start selling soldat for money, reg or no reg. That's when you'll start crying about it.

Get over it son. They aren't his servers.

You can't make a 2d game an ask people to pay for it.
If you want to support him, go ahead.

I'm not selfish for not wanting to support him.

Just like I illegally download most of the music I listen to.
I'd never support a band that's sold more then 200 albums.
And I'd never pay for a 1980 style game.
No matter how much I like the band, or even if I've played a game for hundreds of hours.

And don't say you don't download music.

Offline RaiRass_Rosato

• Major(1)
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2009, 12:43:16 pm »

Umm... Actually, think again, SON.

Several of today's greatest commercial games on the market are 2-Dimensional. Are you saying we should stop paying for DS and PSP games too? I can get LocoRoco for free!? Oh, and the new Marvel v.s. Capcom 2 download on XBox Live is 2D, so I guess it's free too, eh?

No matter how much I like the band, or even if I've played a game for hundreds of hours.

Okay, first: If you REALLY like a band, yet still won't support them... You're the definition of selfish. That's like saying: "If my best friend needs help, I won't do it. They have other friends."

Also, I'm pretty sure that the 1980's never had anything remotely close to Soldat, and that may just be one of the dumbest sentences I've heard this year. Congratulations on that prize; I've heard a lot of stupid ones.

I do. But I also buy albums and purchase their tracks through iTunes LEGALLY as well. I'm not a parasite.

Does anyone agree now that perhaps this should end?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2009, 12:52:13 pm »
RaiRass, I think like you. I download just music of bands for free, that have so much money that it won`t hurt them. They earn most money anyways with concerts so it`s not such a big problem. But complaining about 10 bucks is a problem. I know you can get your soldat key for free, but it is not the same in my opinion and it hurts the creator of a great game.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the 1980's never had anything remotely close to Soldat, and that may just be one of the dumbest sentences I've heard this year. Congratulations on that prize; I've heard a lot of stupid ones.

I have even heard a more worse sentence this year. To understand you need to know that I am from german ;) I ask my friend in an english lesson: "How are you?" and he answered: "Yes, but I have no idea." ;D

Offline RaiRass_Rosato

• Major(1)
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2009, 01:48:35 pm »

I have even heard a more worse sentence this year. To understand you need to know that I am from german ;) I ask my friend in an english lesson: "How are you?" and he answered: "Yes, but I have no idea." ;D

XD Well, that is a pretty good one. But, nothing will ever beat my encounter last year with someone from Croatia. She says: "How much you old?", and I reply: "Sixteen.", and then she comes back with: "How is much you older than me is if I 14."

That's just a classic in my book. I'll be sure to remember yours too, though. :p

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2009, 01:54:44 pm »
RaiRass_Rosato, I've never heard someone have so many good points. Especially in the same thread. ;O

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2009, 02:43:26 pm »
Then I hope one day MM wakes up to see that you assholes do not deserve soldat, and he's wasting his time for a game on selfish b*****ds, order to have his servers shut down, and start selling soldat for money, reg or no reg. That's when you'll start crying about it.

retarded post of the year, if you really really like the band, you would buy something from them. 200 albums is nothing, it doesn't cover any of their costs, it's nothing to live on.

Offline RaiRass_Rosato

• Major(1)
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2009, 03:02:59 pm »
RaiRass_Rosato, I've never heard someone have so many good points. Especially in the same thread. ;O

=D Thanks.

retarded post of the year, if you really really like the band, you would buy something from them. 200 albums is nothing, it doesn't cover any of their costs, it's nothing to live on.

Exactly. Not to mention, even if it did cover their costs, you should think about the fact that what they're doing, you probably have no hope in the world of accomplishing. You should support talent in this world; not attempt to destroy it. If everyone thought like you (and I'm meaning F4||3N, not you, Major), then they would sell NO albums, and then they'd go bankrupt.

Edit: I had somehow gotten my post inside the quote box. Also, I would once again like to apologize if I seem to be flaming...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 06:32:53 pm by RaiRass_Rosato »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2009, 06:13:45 pm »

I don't, kid.
I still have enough respect for the people whose work I'm getting my entertainment from to pay them for it. I BUY the albums I'm looking for.
Also, Soldat is Michal's game, if he'd request a shutdown of the main game server, (Read:MAIN) then how do you think are you gonna see a lobby or anything?
Also, this is becoming a spam\flame hole...So (Note I ain't trying to back seat mod...) I'm begging for this topic to be locked...
b&

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2009, 06:16:11 pm »
No; I'm unregistered and completely fine without it.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2009, 12:53:12 pm »
Locked by request.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.