Author Topic: An "improvement"(??) that popped into my mind while playing Crash Commando demo.  (Read 756 times)

Offline Bug

• Major(1)
  • You'll clean up
So, basically the thing that appealed to me in Crash Commando was the feature of being able to switch to the background and actually move in depth of the 2d world. Not the way most of you would think at this point, but so that there are kind of two stages next to each other in Z-axis.

Probably the best way to demonstrate this to you is by showing this video, which is too long for demonstration, and tell you to watch the beginning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEFz1txM6KQ Wait until one minute has passed and you will know what I'm talking about.

I know it's very unlikely that this will be added or even considered because I think it would need a complete rehab for the game engine itself, but I found it that it was an interesting feature and would add some new level of intense action to CTF maps for example.
yes.

DarkCrusade

Soldat won't change in this way. the whole programme would need to be reprogrammed and that is not the way that improvements in Soldat are supposed to be.

F11

Offline RaiRass_Rosato

• Major(1)
  • I am imacheater2k7 reincarnated.
Don't get me wrong, it'd be a cool feature, but not for Soldat. It would alter the gameplay to drastically and would also require too much re-coding.

F11 from me.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
That won't work for Soldat, as cool as the feature is. It'd kill the original gameplay and the simplicity.

F11.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
Put it on the Soldat 2 wishlist.