Author Topic: The Good Old Days  (Read 2309 times)

Offline N. Escalona

• Major(1)
  • Pretentious Nutknot
Re: The Good Old Days
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2009, 03:02:32 pm »
The title of the thread was more to set the mood than point out a concept I necessarily agree with.
Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?
Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?
I'd gladly do it because
I don't want to fade away.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2009, 03:03:42 pm »
As the days go by the majority of people go more intelligent, but less wise...There's a HUGE difference between having a high IQ, and knowing how to be a goo person, nowadays I'm one of the few people my age at my vicinity that still greet older people when passing them by, without having to feel awkward. Respect has lost it's standards, people's effectiveness in real life has lost it's standards...It's all about wars, crime, profit, etc etc...I'd put the odds 70-1 that the future of human civilization (yeah right, as we're civilized...) is a dark one...
b&

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2009, 03:05:16 pm »
The title of the thread was more to set the mood than point out a concept I necessarily agree with.
yeah i see that, this topic is relatively lax but i just feel the need to point that out since it's sort of relevant to this topic.
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2009, 04:40:25 pm »
Having sex before marriage is a big rift between a couple.  One might not be satisfied because of a better partner long ago.

One would have to have a horrendous sex life if they believed that blatant lie. Having sex creates a rift... :D

Good sex is still good sex, by the way. I still have fond memories of women who were amazing in the sack, but I'm not going to complain just because some woman of the moment is slightly less stimulating than the rest. Yes, a lack of sexual satisfaction might be a problem for certain couples, but it comes from pure dissatisfaction at the hands of an inexperienced partner rather than nostalgia for better sex. And that's an easy problem to solve if you either have sex before marriage, preferably with multiple partners, or if you have the balls to admit that you don't know what you're doing and to seek help.

Well... sex before marriage... the way I see it, it is dangerous and inappropriate. It is definitely not safe if the ones in the act are not responsible...If a guy were to keep going on one-night-stands and have sex with every girl...it just shows that he isn't committed to a single partner. Even if a guy does only restrict himself to a single partner, how can he be sure whether he would end up having a new partner? How can he be sure that the girl he is with is equally committed to him? This is especially the case if it was the first time that girl had sex - girls usually have some kind of attachment to the one they first have sex with.

You bring up nothing but redundancy and moot points. Of course sex before marriage is dangerous when both partners are irresponsible; that can be said of any human activity. Responsible sex can reduce the chance of an unintended pregnancy to 0% and, if one partner is infected, the chance of transmission of even the most infectious diseases to 1-2% per year or to 0% for diseases such as HIV; but there is always the option of refraining from sex with infected individuals.

Of course a series of one-night-stands indicates that a man is not committed to a single girl; if he was committed, he wouldn't be having a series of one-night stands. A series of one-night-stands does not, however, mean that a person is incapable of having a committed relationship. Almost every lasting relationship I know began with quite a bit of sleeping around until compatible partners stumbled into each other.

Finally, a man can never be certain that he will remain with a woman the rest of his life, even after marriage (in the U.S., between 40 to 50% of new marriages end in divorce). It isn't as if marriage is the magical glue that keeps relationships working: love is that glue, marriage is just a ceremony. Even if the relationship doesn't work out, it increases each partner's life experience and allows them to more accurately pick the next partner; and it is in no way immoral or unethical to agree that the relationship is not working out and begin seeking a more compatible partner.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 04:42:01 pm by VijchtiDoodah »

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"