Author Topic: Anti- Gostek cheating.  (Read 808 times)

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
Anti- Gostek cheating.
« on: July 04, 2009, 03:20:30 am »
This is sick, people are able to abuse this function then with a gostek of maximal size ...

As quoted by Dark on my other post regarding gostek cheating - where by the cheater edits the gostek so as to spot campers hiding behind sceneries or whatnot.

original post here.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=35067.0

In response to this, there should be an UNEDITABLE gostek file, possibly contained inside a custom file container format e.g.  '.GTK' (of course this file format has to be written by the coder himself, much like other soldat files like .sdm for the demo files.)

So lets name this '.gtk' file... Default.gtk

Moving on, Default.gtk would be used only and only in multiplayer games, whereby the original files inside this container would overwrite the modded files. This is a clientside suggestion, therefore, placed in every installer package for soldat.

But what about the external (modded) files? Simply, speaking, they will not be touched in any way. Soldat would create a temporary file folder( after extracting the originals)  and use it during game time, and would delete after soldat is closed.

Also, there should be a feature where the user is allowed to turn this on/off such when the user is creating a server.

This post is just to point out my concerns over gostek cheating, since its entirely possible for even a simple user of soldat.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 03:24:12 am by scout »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: Anti- Gostek cheating.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 09:43:40 pm »
That is a nice idea, although it kills the hope of my suggestion (ability to choose unique gostek just for yourself, so that people could use their own unique gosteks in multiplayer).
But it won't be a problem if more customisation items will be added (different types of shirts, pants, headgears, haircuts, accessories).

On the other hand though, there are more "fair" modders than cheaters. Why take away the pleasure of using some halo mod in multiplayer just because of a few cheaters?
Besides, since right now gosteks are applied to whole teams, player with edited gostek will be affected too. He won't know for sure if he is visible behind sceneries or not, and if the bullets will hit him.
Also, in the end pure skill wins, and even modded gosteks won't help cheaters win.

but I like the idea of keeping gostek (and possibly sounds, weapons and other) as a single file (let's say, a simple .zip, renamed to something like .gtk). Just for sole organization purposes, to reduce the number of files and their size, and keep soldat folders nice and clean.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 12:59:09 am »
Noticed already that you can use a blank gostek? If you use an unique gostek that has transparency you are a pure predator.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 01:21:42 am »
Wait.
Modded gosteks will be usable only in singleplayer?

F11
It should be forced in leagues to use the default soldat, but otherwise no.
Modding is useless if you cant use it in multiplayer imo.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.