Author Topic: New Mod Bot_Challenge ?  (Read 3277 times)

Offline Dr.Thrax

• Major
    • Lostgalaxy.de
New Mod Bot_Challenge ?
« on: June 30, 2009, 03:09:52 am »
Hi,
I was thinking  of a new fun-mod for soldat , called Bot-Challenge.
You start as Spectator and type "!play" to play the mod. Then you'll join the small map but you can't move, you stuck in a small room. You just need to overview the area. There is one blue flag and one red flag but they are seperated. Then you see a flame right above the blue flag like this:

This flame moves with your movements in the directions right , left , up and down. This flame is only there to set actions on the map for the coming bot. So if you place your flame right here and type "!vest 2":

... a vest will spawn after 2 seconds after the challenge started. The bot that will spawn at the Blue flag's spawn is willing to reach every bonus so the bot will move to the vest kit:

If you place a m79-bullet  right under the vest kit maybe 4 seconds later by typing "!m79 6":

(it should be 6 seconds , otherwise its to early and the bot will die or get boosted in deadly stuff, so the screen is a little bit wrong)

... the bot will be boosted to the ceiling after taking the vest-kit:

Then you could turn the gravity after lets say 8 or 9 seconds to the negativ value by typing "!grav -1 8" and he will fly to the ceiling:

Then you have to get the bot on the left side. You can do it by spawning a grenade right next to him, because bots don't like grenades and will try to get out of the way ("!gren 10").
If you placed all your aids then type "!start" and see whether the bot can reach the flag or not. If he gets stuck, type "!stop" to end the game. Keep in mind that a FlameGod will make the bot invincible and a bot with flag is always willing to get to the home flag if he sees it!

map overview:

In this map green is normal , blue ice and red deadly polygons!
New maps can simply be made with a deadly very small room for the human player and a red bot spawn on the blue or red flag (change botteam whether it is a red or blue flag). Keep in mind that you have to be able to overview the whole map from the human players spawn.

You got limited aids, so for this map for example only 2 vest kits , 1 flamegod , 1 grenade , 1 m79 bullet and you are able to change the gravity 2 times.
All that information is saved in a <mapname>.ini like this:

[MAP]
Gravity=2
Grenades=2
M79=1
Predator=0
Berserker=0
VestKit=2
FlameGod=1
BotTeam=1 (Team the bot starts in)

So its something like a riddle ; when and where do i place what ?

What do you think about that ?
A script is already made but little bit buggy and not perfect yet.

Greetz DrThrax

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
Re: New Mod Bot_Challenge ?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 05:17:42 am »
Nice, bot puzzle :)

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 05:31:07 am »
lemmings :|

Well, this is a bit too complex, and the controls are far from perfect... interesting idea though

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 06:22:00 am »
very cool i must say, but like danmer said, complex :D I really would like to play this in future!!

Offline Dr.Thrax

• Major
    • Lostgalaxy.de
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 06:28:02 am »
Im on it to improve it!

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 07:54:24 am »
Looks interesting, but it must be more maneuverable if you want to do this with soldat...

Offline Dr.Thrax

• Major
    • Lostgalaxy.de
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 09:51:41 am »
I Improved it and it works , maybe you wanna test it on http://Soldat://Lostgalaxy.de:16166 :)

Edit: Watch a testmap here:

Type "!play":
Use the mediKit as a cursor:
At First I'll place a vest kit ("!vest 0") to get the bot in the right way. It will slide to the right side.
Then I'll change the gravity to a negativ value ("!grav -1 8") and 2 seconds after that ("!grav -1 10" ) to a positiv again. Then type "!start" and let the bot run!
If the bot falls into a deadly polygon , the round is over , if the bot can make it , its over too .
Thats how it could work...
(This map was made in 5 minutes)

Watch video here!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:56:11 am by Dr.Thrax »

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 12:00:10 pm »
I've played a bit of it and man dude, nice job. Its pretty difficult to play, I suggest having a tutorial map or something.
One thing I dislike is after failure, it clears everything, and you have to !play again. I suggest having it keep everything, and make it so you can just modify the queue of things to do at what times (organized by time) (and ability to list the queue, and see where each item is at on the map (set gravity to 0 by default so when u place a vest, it doesn't fall, and you can see where you placed it)
Suggestion: !restart or !reset
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 12:07:48 pm by DorkeyDear »

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 01:24:19 pm »
Hah this is epic. I could do it! Hey make more stuff of this kind, it's looking good.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 01:27:45 pm »
Haha, I've watched the movie, cool! ;D I love that, what happens if more players join the game? Or is it meant to be offline singleplayer fun mode?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 01:57:55 pm »
more people joined when I was in, but they did not say anything, and left immediately, so I had no trouble with that.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 02:10:52 pm »
It took me a while, but I finally beat one map! :D

Offline Dr.Thrax

• Major
    • Lostgalaxy.de
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 02:48:16 pm »
Its quite easy to make more maps and i got loads of ideas...
I thought of the ability to delete items that are already set.
Gravity 0 is a possibility , i think so too.
I'm also thinking of adding a list as you mentioned where you can see what you have placed yet. But the only possibility to show some things is flames or the kits itself.

And its meant to be singleplayer : the first one that types "!play" is able to play it, thats it ^^
I don't see any way to make it multiplayer :(

Thanks for your reports!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 02:52:16 pm by Dr.Thrax »

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 03:07:23 pm »
Make the second player join alpha, the other charlie, and copypaste your map a few times. Would work?

Offline Dr.Thrax

• Major
    • Lostgalaxy.de
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 03:29:10 pm »
but you got only 2 flags ;d and it would be to complicated then i guess without flags

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 06:50:36 pm »
Gravity is not specific per person. That would only work on maps that have 0 gravity placement thingys.