Author Topic: Ok so...  (Read 35938 times)

Offline skn0fx

• Major(1)
Re: Ok so...
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2009, 07:50:37 am »
i made this joke a few months ago

if (ip="enesce.com") then lag:=0;
else lag:=1;

damn.. i was so close :\

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2009, 07:51:35 am »
I respect MM's position as creator of Soldat giving him the final say in these matters but he explicitly says he doesn't really care. Personally I think that someone with a more current interest in this community should decide. Letting flab decide would be the most sensible course of action in my opinion.

Sorry but I simply don't believe these excuses.
However, as he said, what really matters is that there is progress. This issue must have delayed the coming of 1.5.1 and will continue delaying if it goes on any further, that isn't very good. So instead of continuing to talk about this, we should just move on.

Be appreciative of the free stuff. You normally don't deserve them in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:58:53 am by STM1993 »

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2009, 07:52:29 am »
Well it's obvious from MM's post that he doesn't really care about Soldat anymore. I suggest he sell the rights of the game and the source code to someone that does.

Offline skn0fx

• Major(1)
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2009, 07:56:10 am »
maybe he could let the beta team decide ?

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2009, 07:59:43 am »

lol that would be quite a dumb idea.

In my opinion Flieslikeabrick should decide what to do here, and whether to add a new developer alongside Enesce if he is staying as dev.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline MetsuriTossavainen

• Camper
  • The Chainsaw Wizard
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2009, 08:09:52 am »

In my opinion Flieslikeabrick should decide what to do here, and whether to add a new developer alongside Enesce if he is staying as dev.
I agree, because FLAB is the next guy from MM.

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2009, 09:05:15 am »

Don't push flab too much even if he probably should decide, Great responsibility usually just leads to trouble..
Quite horrible behaviour from enesce's side since those things affects reality and real money. I guess that's why everyone is making this so important and dramatic, because really... the game doesn't matter at all.
Whatever seems like everything is alright now and this moment seems great to advertise a little, Join SRL wehee we need more clans there  8)

http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php

Offline soulblade

• Soldier
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2009, 09:24:08 am »
I do not buy any of these excuses either. There is way too much evidence stacked up against NSC and I'm pretty disappointed in Michal's post. Even if somehow this has all been an accident, NSC has shown lack of responsibility and abuse of power and is not suitable for his position.

It's time for someone else to develop soldat. Until then, no more beta testing for me. I'm out.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2009, 09:25:27 am »
<SpiltCoffee> I have one more question, EnEsCe...
<SpiltCoffee> EnEsCe: "It still doesn't explain why the "forgotten fix" was only enabled on his server. If it was forgotten there, it should have happened on all servers, not just his."
<SpiltCoffee> Would that be because you work on two versions, the development version and the official version, and you take stuff that works from the development version over to the official version?
<EnEsCe> didnt I say it was left in because that code only compiles on the dev version?
<SpiltCoffee> Well, people are still thinking "well, if it appeared in the development version for 2 years, why hasn't it appeared anywhere else?"
<SpiltCoffee> I think because most people believe the dev version is the exact base for what eventually is released
<SpiltCoffee> Is that the case?
<EnEsCe> that sounds abit dumb, how could they expect a development version to appear anywhere other than the developers server?
<SpiltCoffee> Hang on, I'll get another quote
<SpiltCoffee> lol
<SpiltCoffee> You're not getting me yet
<SpiltCoffee> "How is it possible that you somehow remembered to remove the ping code for every server release, but it somehow "accidentally" managed to stay in your binary for this long? If what you said was true, the ping code would've been enabled for ALL servers or NO servers at all. But it was only enabled on yours, so it's obvious to me that this was no accident. Furthermore, this whole ping issue has been in your attention for month
<SpiltCoffee> s, probably over half a year, and it's only now that you suddenly find the code causing this after you're caught red handed. Isn't that a bit too convenient."
<EnEsCe> introduce them to compiler directives
<SpiltCoffee> Eh, that'll do for an answer, I guess...
Just (an attempt of) an answer to those wondering why it's only his servers being affected if he forgot about it...
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Zischer

• Major(1)
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2009, 09:29:46 am »
Also, no comment on MM's post, anyone can see through the message..
oh yes, I see pretty well

Ye, imho the advertisement and the sexual discrimination (what a lesson..-.-) contained in MM's response are pretty much misplaced. How to discover the truth, if not talking about it? And what has Link Dead to do with the issue, or more exactly, with Soldat? Nothing.

Baah, disappointing. And I can't believe any of those lame excuses, really.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:44:49 am by Zischer »

• Camper
  • The Chainsaw Wizard
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2009, 09:34:33 am »
It's all so confusing when NSC tries to make things clear in his statement but he still tries to hide the truth with tricky answers.

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2009, 09:58:22 am »
<SpiltCoffee> I have one more question, EnEsCe...
<SpiltCoffee> EnEsCe: "It still doesn't explain why the "forgotten fix" was only enabled on his server. If it was forgotten there, it should have happened on all servers, not just his."
<SpiltCoffee> Would that be because you work on two versions, the development version and the official version, and you take stuff that works from the development version over to the official version?
<EnEsCe> didnt I say it was left in because that code only compiles on the dev version?
<SpiltCoffee> Well, people are still thinking "well, if it appeared in the development version for 2 years, why hasn't it appeared anywhere else?"
<SpiltCoffee> I think because most people believe the dev version is the exact base for what eventually is released
<SpiltCoffee> Is that the case?
<EnEsCe> that sounds abit dumb, how could they expect a development version to appear anywhere other than the developers server?
<SpiltCoffee> Hang on, I'll get another quote
<SpiltCoffee> lol
<SpiltCoffee> You're not getting me yet
<SpiltCoffee> "How is it possible that you somehow remembered to remove the ping code for every server release, but it somehow "accidentally" managed to stay in your binary for this long? If what you said was true, the ping code would've been enabled for ALL servers or NO servers at all. But it was only enabled on yours, so it's obvious to me that this was no accident. Furthermore, this whole ping issue has been in your attention for month
<SpiltCoffee> s, probably over half a year, and it's only now that you suddenly find the code causing this after you're caught red handed. Isn't that a bit too convenient."
<EnEsCe> introduce them to compiler directives
<SpiltCoffee> Eh, that'll do for an answer, I guess...
Just (an attempt of) an answer to those wondering why it's only his servers being affected if he forgot about it...
Compiler directives is obviously a poor excuse, because EnEsCe said before that he had "forgotten debug stuff" on final releases. Exact quote:
    EnEsCe: As some of you know, [almost] every time I have released a dedicated server there has been some debug stuff that I forgot to remove upon release (Most notably lines in console).
So yeah, he's obviously not using pre-compiler directives to selectively compile the code only for his server, this quote proves that, otherwise those other things wouldn't have been forgotten there either. I can see that EnEsCe tries to argue this by saying that sometimes he uses pre-compiler directives, so no need to even ask him. Just pointing out that what he's saying is contradictory with his other statements (and this isn't the first time either, he alters his story as this thing progresses).

And even if he does use compiler directives to hide the code from public releases (which would still be intentionally, not by accident), don't forget that there are other proof to back up the claim. He's been aware of this issue for a long time (because mafioza told mentioned it), so it's obvious that EnEsCe knew about the lowered ping only on his server. If it was by accident, he would've looked into it then, which he didn't for obvious reasons.

<mafioza> <mafioza> i did test it tho
<mafioza> <mafioza> i ran a server straight from ssh
<mafioza> <mafioza> my ping was 100
<mafioza> <mafioza> from php commander
<mafioza> <mafioza> 50
<mafioza> <EnEsCe> yep
<mafioza> <EnEsCe> soldatmonitor?
<mafioza> <mafioza> what about it
<mafioza> <EnEsCe> I mean were you running with soldatmonitor
<mafioza> <mafioza> no
<mafioza> <mafioza> just regular
<mafioza> <EnEsCe> mk

Also you are forgetting one VERY IMPORTANT fact. If EnEsCe was talking the truth why did he say that mafioza never had any sort of access to the server? This alone, and I mean alone proves that EnEsCe was trying to hide that the binary came from his server. And my guess is that EnEsCe's counter argument is that he "didn't remember" that mafioza had access, but I can say at this point that is f**king bulls**t because of course he knew he had access to the server he paid himself. You guys really need to stop being so gullible, I could forgive EnEsCe if he just admitted it, but he's still trying to deceive us all, and you're letting him do it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:05:32 am by ramirez »

Offline skn0fx

• Major(1)
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2009, 10:06:43 am »
i guess no one believes him,, except for MM but thats cuz he didnt read it all !
if i was the boss:
- enesce
+ shoozza

Offline Vv00t-SN

• Camper
  • I aim to please!
    • fuck you skoskav & everyone else fucking with my profile all the time.
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2009, 10:59:55 am »
And even if he does use compiler directives to hide the code from public releases (which would still be intentionally, not by accident), don't forget that there are other proof to back up the claim. He's been aware of this issue for a long time (because mafioza told mentioned it), so it's obvious that EnEsCe knew about the lowered ping only on his server. If it was by accident, he would've looked into it then, which he didn't for obvious reasons.

I might even be convinced that he didnt do it intentionally, and only learned of it when Mafiaguy told him, but its more than likely that he figured out the advantage he could draw from this at that point, and has been profiting from it (in a very real sense) ever since.

The MM reply, although typical, is a complete disappointment, and further evidence to the fact that he has completely stopped caring for the game and the community built around it.

btw, rami you up for soldat dev? ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:02:02 am by Vv00t-SN »

either this kid has a lightbulb up his butt, or his colon has a great idea.
Soldat Quote DB: http://qdb.soldatgather.com/

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2009, 11:12:51 am »
MM's reply is sad.. "because really I don't care"

You've let me down.
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2009, 11:27:08 am »
I respect MM's position as creator of Soldat giving him the final say in these matters but he explicitly says he doesn't really care. Personally I think that someone with a more current interest in this community should decide. Letting flab decide would be the most sensible course of action in my opinion.

Sorry but I simply don't believe these excuses.
However, as he said, what really matters is that there is progress. This issue must have delayed the coming of 1.5.1 and will continue delaying if it goes on any further, that isn't very good. So instead of continuing to talk about this, we should just move on.

Be appreciative of the free stuff. You normally don't deserve them in the first place.

Seriously?

You're honestly going to say that we should ignore all NSC has done because we're "delaying" the release of 1.5.1? I expected something more intelligent from you, STM.

MM hasn't cared about Soldat for a long time, and I don't see why he would start caring now. Something has to be done about this whole situation, and with MM not caring, there are two people who can take over: FLAB and NSC. Considering NSC is the one being accused and has overwhelming evidence against him, I think it's safe to say we're going to have to go with FLAB.

• Camper
  • The Chainsaw Wizard
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2009, 11:35:59 am »

Don't push flab too much even if he probably should decide, Great responsibility usually just leads to trouble..
Someone has to do the decision.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2009, 12:09:32 pm »
MM's reply is sad.. "because really I don't care"

You've let me down.
That's probably what we all feel :/

Soldat was just an experiment that went wild and now that MM has a new project he throws the old one away.
Text goes here...

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2009, 12:16:31 pm »
You're honestly going to say that we should ignore all NSC has done because we're "delaying" the release of 1.5.1? I expected something more intelligent from you, STM.
I mean that NSC should get another chance and be allowed to remain in his current position, though it doesn't mean he would be clear of his mistakes - his reputation has suffered badly, and made worse with this issue. While NSC has failed in terms of the server business, I trust NSC's ability to develop Soldat. I don't really care so much about the character as long as someone does his work and it benefits as a whole.

There should be more than one developer to help in the development, so Shoozza should be part of the team. This is especially the case when beta testers aren't doing a lot at the moment. As for the part on "delaying", I admit it made no sense, I take that back.

I'm not surprised to see MM not care about his very own game anymore. Since it has come to this, I'd concur that someone else has to take the role of overseeing Soldat and its community. I personally believe FLAB should do it.

Whatever happens, I just hope to see our Soldat lives return to normal or be better.

Time for bed, really sleepy and its past 1am and got school in the morning.

EDIT:
Back from school. Added and changed a few more points I couldn't think of last night.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 02:12:30 am by STM1993 »

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2009, 12:30:59 pm »
Also if it was a fix, why would you reduce it from the actual variable that is used to calculate the ping, instead of just using the reduced value in the corresponding algorithm, eg:
Code: [Select]
bullet_trail(PingTicks-2);vs
Code: [Select]
PingTicks -= 2;
bullet_trail(PingTicks);

The former would be more logical "fix" attempt.
Both do the same thing in terms of what he was trying to do, so it shouldn't have mattered. He could have simply thought of it, and came to the first location where he could have modified, and placed it there. This cannot be used as a reason.

I'm not really sure about the whole final excuse (as posted on http://enesce.com/272/soldat/statement-regarding-ping/), so I will leave my self at no opinion towards that.