Author Topic: Ok so...  (Read 35854 times)

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
Ok so...
« on: July 01, 2009, 01:53:16 pm »
Ok, so apparently I am now unbanned, not sure how, but w/e considering I should not have been banned anyways, I am curious why Farah got PERMA banned, and why that topic got deleted. Now, there is absolutely no flaming going on here, and no "defamation" either, so if I get banned I will be quite pissed, considering I am just asking for answers for stuff that really isnt making any sense to me.

Btw, I ended up getting banned for "Contributing to flaming/defamation" without any warnings (EVER). Now, I am not entirely sure how I got unbanned, so I am also curious about that as well. I didnt do any flaming, or any defamation, and if I got banned for posting a link to a topic about the other topic (which I am not posting now) then how come every single other person that posted in that topic isnt banned?
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
Re: Ok so...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 02:19:29 pm »
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?board=29.0

^^Info about banned people!^^

I am pretty sure they had a good reason for banning him.  And I can't really comment your ban :/ Anyway. Let's wait for administrators to show up.

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 02:20:07 pm »
Execpt for Farah isnt even in the sin bin.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 02:23:37 pm »
Execpt for Farah isnt even in the sin bin.

None of them were/are.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Devastated Mind

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 02:31:29 pm »
Yeah, I'm kinda upset those topics were deleted. This topic matters to the whole community and you are not capable to shut up the community about it anyway. Up to the point where you started deleting those topics, EnEsCe, I find that what was posted were not mere accusations and hate about you, but facts. It seems to me you wanted to get a reason for shutting people down about this by calling this a flame and hate war though, which it cleary wasnt. Most people tried to post their facts in a comparatively objective manner (you cant be completely objective about this, I suppose).
So until the moment you find the time to let the community know what you have to say about this I suppose you should let us get a picture of this on our own. Censorship and banhammer is not gonna help your case at all, because people want to know the truth and they are eventually gonna find it out (either way) or they are going to make sure there will be consequences. It doesnt necessarily need to be this platform, as there are plenty others.

That being said, I think people have a right to be informed, and thats why I am gonna link this:
http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?topic=14712.0

Inb4 ban this is going to be viewed by more people than you, so posting this will have payed off.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:33:53 pm by Devastated Mind »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 02:34:34 pm »
That being said, I think people have a right to be informed, and thats why I am gonna link this:
http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?topic=14712.0

And since that link answers all the questions and fills everyone in with all the facts, I'm locking this so it won't get deleted due to further replies.

edit - now that eC is no longer an admin and he cannot delete topics, I'm unlocking this.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:19:20 pm by jrgp »

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 04:27:22 pm »
woot unbanned.

The goal of any of this was never to antagonise EnEsCe. It was only to find the truth and take appropriate action.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:38:20 pm by Farah »
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 04:29:59 pm »
The worst thing of this all is not that this really happened, but the fact that even after the truth had came out, EnEsCe tried to hide it and blame it on people like Shoozza. That was just low. :\

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 04:31:19 pm »
To me what is amazing at this point is that Enesce has decided to dig his hole further by claiming that he is being framed by about 15 different people that they are all mired in a conspiracy against him. If he had admit his mistakes earlier he might have had a chance to save a bit of face.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 04:33:43 pm »
at least it provided quotes like the one in my sig
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 04:35:20 pm »
Somehow Poop's sig makes me laugh, just barely. ;)
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 04:41:10 pm »
He also threatened several people, including me:

[2009/07/01 10:20:01] <EnEsCe> If you continue to allow them to post defamation against me, then you and I are permanently going to have issues.
[2009/07/01 10:20:12] <EnEsCe> And I mean permanently.

Offline Taxi

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 04:41:23 pm »
The suprise to me is, how enesce was the guy chosen to continue the develop of soldat.
[S][K]Taxi

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 04:42:43 pm »
And if anyone had any doubts about this before now, I urge you all to re consider.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 05:13:38 pm »
i think enesce is a pretty cool guy. eh lowers pings and doesn't afraid of anything.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline BackSmack

• Major(1)
  • BLah
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 05:15:12 pm »
The suprise to me is, how enesce was the guy chosen to continue the develop of soldat.
He acted good until he got the main developer status.
Son, I am disappoint.

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 05:19:28 pm »
Watch out guys, if you get on the bad side of NSC he'll make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline NiveusLuxLucis

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 05:20:37 pm »
Watchout, permanent issues. He'll make your soldat life a living hell.
BEAT ME TO IT SHINOBARS WTF

Offline Grimbad

• Soldier
  • Kharn
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 05:25:58 pm »
And if anyone had any doubts about this before now, I urge you all to re consider.

I had doubts, and was going to post them.
Between the time I opened the last page of the thread and the time I clicked 'reply,' the thread was deleted.
Bye bye doubts.
!@#$%

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 05:34:47 pm »
I have deadminned EnEsCe on the forums and unbanned Farah and Gortaak.  Please let me know if there's anyone else who was banned because of this and I will unban them.

When EnEsCe deleted these threads/posts, he also deleted them from the mods/admins-only Trash Bin, where all deleted threads/posts go.  Nobody on the forum staff is ever supposed to edit/delete from there, but he did to cover up his tracks.

Even if the accusations are false, his behavior has been completely beyond anything that he is supposed to do under any of these circumstances.  He did not demonstrate any moderation or decency or wisdom in anything he did in reaction to this, as well as things leading up to it.

What EnEsCe did was completely unacceptable and we'll see what happens over the next few days.  This is only the last in a long list of selfish acts by him.  He has proven that he is incapable of being a soldat server renter, a developer, and a forum admin at the same time.  In order to be all of those things, you really need to be able to keep your hats separate.

He cannot, and has never been able to.

I personally advocate Shoozza joining the developer group.  EnEsCe has kept Shoozza from joining it, even though myself and MM are fine with it.

I really don't see this ending up favorably for EnEsCe at all.

I guess this is what I get for going on holiday for a few days.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 05:38:11 pm by FliesLikeABrick »