Author Topic: Ok so...  (Read 35855 times)

Offline Farah

• Major
Re: Ok so...
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 05:39:28 pm »
damn he's gonna have soldat 1.5 ddos u13 now
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline MadDog

• Major(1)
  • Niiiiiighhhht Proooowwwllaaa
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 05:49:11 pm »
Wow, quite a conspiracy! What a scandal! He's like our version of Bernie Madoff...

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Anyone ever heard that one? Hmm? Someone overhear that in history class? The main reason why civilizations have a tendency to fail is that after a while, the people in control get greedy and stop caring about said civilization. Now while that certainly didn't happen here... the take home message is you cannot allow absolute power.

So how to stop it? Democracy. But that can't really work here. What else?

Exactly what happened. Farah brings the facts to the attention of everyone, and everyone becomes involved. So people need to understand that it's actions like those of Farah that protects the community. That's basically what the fourth estate, the media, does.

When Ensc censored Farah, that's kinda like Iran muzzling the press. Luckily for all of us, the Soldat community here became aware, and the pressure mounted on Ec.

Now here's a very good point, take it to heart. A very smart man once said it. He was a great man. One of America's founders... so you know... he kinda knew what he was talking about-

Thomas Jefferson: "When the people fear the government, it is tyranny. When the government fears the people, it is liberty."

Think of that. Just because admins have vast power, does not mean it's okay to bend down to them. I'm not inciting anarchy (so stop typing your hot-headed, idiotic retort), I'm just saying... it wouldn't hurt if the admins are afraid of us for a change.

@Farah: I don't know you, but I'll give you a lot of credit; you've got far more decency than the guy you exposed. I'm also gonna bet some money you knew the potential consequences of bringing this out... yet you did it anyway. That right there... is courage. It's integrity. Character. And you sure as hell didn't give up when he censored you, you kept at it. That's persistance. That is what makes freedom. Liberty. People have died by those values, and free countries have been created by it.
Jules: "Describe what Marsellus Wallace- looks like!"
Brett: "What?"
Jules: Say "what" again! Say "WHAT" again! I dare you! I Double-Dare you motha-[******]! Say "what" one more god-d**n time!

Offline truup

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 05:58:27 pm »
..blablaba...
Dude it's just internet haha.

But yeah I'm certainly happy with the outcome of this, I never thought NSC was the right guy to continue developing Soldat to begin with. First server versions he made were decent I admit, fixing a few bugs and scriptcore made some publics fun again but when I saw s**t like lobby chat added instead of fixing existing bugs i just quit the game. I heard the lobbychat was a failure anyways? Like it wasnt expected?

I hope a new better developer takes over soldat and most of the bugs and actual gameplay problems fixed.

Offline Grimbad

• Soldier
  • Kharn
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 06:03:00 pm »
@MadDog.
Admins are people too. They're not all in cahoots against 'the people'. Look at FLaB's post. Democracy is working just fine here, now it's been set in motion. Last edit, in accordance with Farahs post: In motion by Farah, that is, blessed be his name and long may he live in the hearts of the glorious people's revolution.  :P
Also, learn more about what anarchy is, please. You'll find it has less to do with what certain people would like you to think anarchy is, and more to do with what you're saying. "An anarchist is someone who doesn't need a cop to do the right thing." -Utah Philips
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 06:09:58 pm by Grimbad »
!@#$%

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 06:06:15 pm »
no maddog is right i should be revered as the sole drive to this revolutionary action.

Offline MadDog

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 06:11:49 pm »
@MadDog.
Admins are people too. They're not all in cahoots against 'the people'. Look at FLaB's post. Democracy is working just fine here.
Also, learn more about what anarchy is, please. Try Utah Philips.

No thanks, I already know what anarchy is, and the way I see it, I used the word just fine.

Yeah, I can see how admins are people... censoring and banning and fraud. You're so right! Greedy, mean-spirited, and back-stabbing all wrapped together. Now I'm just kidding around, but still, saying they're "people" too doesn't exactly say anything really positive. Since when are people good?

And where did I say they're "in cahoots against 'the people"??? What is wrong with you? This post of yours is full of worthless text. Please, just because I say something that doesn't meet the 'butt'-kissing regulations doesn't mean you should overreact.

@Farah: No you're not quite there yet, Farah. Try getting shot at a little bit, and you'll be closer.  ;)

Jules: Say "what" again! Say "WHAT" again! I dare you! I Double-Dare you motha-[******]! Say "what" one more god-d**n time!

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 06:13:27 pm »
Wouh...just PMed flab some hours ago asking what happend with the topic concerning enesce's servers and -BAMM- I didn't thought of that big outcome...

best lines so far:
[...]
<EnEsCe> lol, I will just ring your datacenter and you can enjoy a lawsuit from Layered Technologies in Dallas...
<EnEsCe> and enjoy the rootkit in the soldatserver I activate on whatever servers you run
<EnEsCe> and maybe then ill activate the DDoS client in Soldat 1.5 and force them all to TCP and/or UDP spam you.
<EnEsCe> enjoy the 100,000 people internationally doing it
[...]
<EnEsCe> haha, you are acting like a terrorist man
<EnEsCe> I already fucking TOLD YOU TODAY that I will pay for the bill
[...]
<mafioza> are there rootkits installed on my server?
<EnEsCe> hundreds and hundreds lol
[...]
<mafioza> <EnEsCe> I said, why are you trying to start an arguement?
<mafioza> <mafioza> im asking
<mafioza> <mafioza> cause im concerned regards to the health of people's servers
<mafioza> <EnEsCe> no your not, your concerned about yourself and soldat.multi's future
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 06:31:35 pm »
@MadDog.
Admins are people too. They're not all in cahoots against 'the people'. Look at FLaB's post. Democracy is working just fine here.
Also, learn more about what anarchy is, please. Try Utah Philips.

No thanks, I already know what anarchy is, and the way I see it, I used the word just fine.

Yeah, I can see how admins are people... censoring and banning and fraud. You're so right! Greedy, mean-spirited, and back-stabbing all wrapped together. Now I'm just kidding around, but still, saying they're "people" too doesn't exactly say anything really positive. Since when are people good?

And where did I say they're "in cahoots against 'the people"??? What is wrong with you? This post of yours is full of worthless text. Please, just because I say something that doesn't meet the 'butt'-kissing regulations doesn't mean you should overreact.

@Farah: No you're not quite there yet, Farah. Try getting shot at a little bit, and you'll be closer.  ;)

I will deffinately stand beside the admins on this one. With the execption of NSC, they have all done thier best to keep this topic up and running, and prevent him from stopping it. They have dug into everything looking for answers and dealing with the situation correctly.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 06:32:22 pm »
I bet this will have bigger consequences by the time...

Offline MadDog

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 06:40:04 pm »
@Gortaak

Oh dear. You know, I honestly tried to put this simply. [Sigh] This is such a pain in the a$$...

1. At no point on this thread did I ever accuse any current or past admins of every committing, or considering to committ any type of fraud, power abuse, or favoring towards anyone here.

2. At no point on this thread did I indicate that standard operating procedure of Soldat Forums admins is to cheat, swindle, fraud, or abuse.

3. At no point on this thread did I accuse any current or past admins of not performing quality work on the forum.

There now, if you still don't understand that, please please indicate in your next post what language you would like me to repeat it in.

Now, the point of my mod, which it seems everyone automatically misses, is that its good to monitor admins, and this is proof that you cannot ASSUME that no admin can be flawless when given absolute power.

Now, should I just repeat all my posts in Spanish, or can you please understand this?

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2009, 06:56:57 pm »
There it goes: selfkill-news.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 07:20:43 pm »
Well.. this is sad and unexpected. Let's hope Soldat will still have a nice and bright future.

p.s. I wonder if the source code is still in safe hands. :|

Offline Rangedmage14

• Soldier
  • got water?
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 08:52:15 pm »
MadDog are you a history teacher? Schools out, chilll man with the history lessons.

I mean.... hm I don't see how the ping showing up on the ingame F1/F3 had anything to do with gameplay like bullettrails. Or else no one would've ever made a big deal if the lower ping really improved players game play.
From what I've read, I've understood that your ingame "fake" ping was really 50-60 average off. So if it showed a high ping ingame but the game play was still the same, how the heck would that make a difference if it showed low ping ingame and game play didn't change from the high ping?
Respect All
Fear None

Offline m00`

• Soldier
  • hai guys
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2009, 09:20:33 pm »
soldat is serious business
cool

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:25 pm »

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2009, 10:28:24 pm »
MadDog are you a history teacher? Schools out, chilll man with the history lessons.

I mean.... hm I don't see how the ping showing up on the ingame F1/F3 had anything to do with gameplay like bullettrails. Or else no one would've ever made a big deal if the lower ping really improved players game play.
From what I've read, I've understood that your ingame "fake" ping was really 50-60 average off. So if it showed a high ping ingame but the game play was still the same, how the heck would that make a difference if it showed low ping ingame and game play didn't change from the high ping?

The point is fraud. Also if he could do something like that, who know what else he could/can/will/has done.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline ILoveEnEsCe

• Major(1)
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2009, 10:31:27 pm »
cant believe people trusted that smeagle looking ugly fuck in the first place

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2009, 10:36:04 pm »
cant believe people trusted that smeagle looking ugly f**k in the first place

Hello.  I see that you have a lot to say, and that your choice of name is very creative.

Watch for a little bit.  Talk later.

The damage is done people.  Discuss as you like, but crap like this will not be tolerated.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:42:31 pm by The Geologist »
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 10:38:25 pm »
cant believe people trusted that smeagle looking ugly f**k in the first place

Hello.  I see that you have a lot to say, and that your choice if name is very creative.

Watch for a little bit.  Talk later.

The damage is done people, but crap like this will not be tolerated.

I knew he would get some spanking for that comment . ;O

Seriously though, don't rush with accusations. Sure the situation smells bad right now, but maybe it's all not so bad as it seems. Who knows.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:40:12 pm by L[0ne]R »