Author Topic: Ok so...  (Read 35853 times)

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
Re: Ok so...
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 10:48:36 pm »
I find it more amusing that he's gone through about 4 or 5 different excuses.  From being framed, to "accidental" left in code.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2009, 10:49:46 pm »
cant believe people trusted that smeagle looking ugly f**k in the first place
^love how he changed his name ahahahahahahha

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 10:51:14 pm »
Ill let the people that know something about computers respond to what he is claiming. But at this point, the sequence of events which led to his most recent "excuse" does not really make it easy, or even smart to believe him.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 11:14:31 pm »
Ill let the people that know something about computers respond to what he is claiming. But at this point, the sequence of events which led to his most recent "excuse" does not really make it easy, or even smart to believe him.
Its entirely possible what he is saying, but highly unlikely, that a chunk of left over code from a bug from 2 years ago, just started messing with his servers 6 months ago. :/
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 11:33:20 pm »
You mean it was first noticed 6 months ago, Gortaak. It's most likely been affecting his servers for the entire time he's had it there.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2009, 12:05:42 am »
Farah deserved to be banned...be a hero nxt time. Don't be smart nxt time.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2009, 12:07:59 am »
Farah deserved to be banned...be a hero nxt time. Don't be smart nxt time.

Not in this specific situation he didn't. Yes, he has done dumb things in the past, but with this he didn't do anything wrong at all.
There are other worlds than these

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2009, 12:25:56 am »
Well all those things accumulated together and caused a massive eruption. In this case, EnEsCe had to deal with it.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2009, 12:36:56 am »
Oh, so NSC banned Farah because of the things he'd done in the forums before starting this whole discussion. EnEsCe must have been too busy to ban Farah earlier. Thanks for clearing that up, scarface.

Perhaps let's stop flaming and talking about useless things in a discussion that needs to be taken very seriously. We've dicked around and trolled enough already.

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2009, 12:38:10 am »
And then what about me scarface? Why was I banned? I have never had so much as a warning in the 3+ years Ive been a member of these forums.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2009, 12:43:53 am »
Perhaps let's stop flaming and talking about useless things in a discussion that needs to be taken very seriously. We've dicked around and trolled enough already.

Sounds like the perfect plan.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2009, 12:44:23 am »
And then what about me scarface? Why was I banned? I have never had so much as a warning in the 3+ years Ive been a member of these forums.

Don't take it personally. eC was having a hissie fit.
There are other worlds than these

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2009, 12:50:32 am »
My statement has been updated, please revisit the post.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2009, 01:05:25 am »
Been working on the server for over 3 years, and do not know how the ping is calculated. Needless to say that we, as a whole community need a better programmer for our beloved game.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2009, 01:23:47 am »
EnEsCe has publicly apologized and the underlying problem has been fixed. I can accept what he says about it being a mistake that he didn't notice, even if that isn't the case I doubt he'd try that sort of thing again after all this.

Been working on the server for over 3 years, and do not know how the ping is calculated. Needless to say that we, as a whole community need a better programmer for our beloved game.
I think the only person that knows how soldat works better than him is MM. I do suggest Shoozza become a dev though 'cause he's pwnage :) (But NSC should stay one too 'cause I want more scriptcore stuff)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:25:59 am by iDante »

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2009, 01:49:31 am »
Shoozza: Why you said different stuff which maked you look like you have lied?
EnEsCe: I was asked if mafioza is a hacker, and I responded saying I do not know him. Meaning I do not know him that well enough to answer that, if he would be a hacker or not. SpiltCoffee then asked me about if I was in a partnership with him, which prompted me to remember where that name comes from. I quite simply do not remember every random person I meet on the internet, I’m not a robot :P

Why would you not remember someone you had a partnership with?

Shoozza: Why you deleted the threads and banned people continuesely which looked like censorship?
EnEsCe: I was acting in blind rage, and yes I know it was wrong. I would never have done it normally, I can’t remember what exactly was going through my mind at the time. I most likely thought it would stop people harassing me on IRC; and people I trusted echoing confidential conversations etc, I also felt the other admins were all against me already. I acknowledge that it was stupid and I abused my admin privileges by doing so. Fair enough. I would have liked to read it all eventually. I apologize to the other forum admins for the trouble I caused, they did the right thing.

Why were you in a blind rage when no one, besides one guy, if I recall correctly, who was out of line, was provoking you, but rather were asking legitimate questions? Furthermore, people harassing you on IRC is easily fixed by the ignore function. I honestly can't see why you would think the admins were out to get you, as well.

Shoozza: Why you took the servers of SCTFL down?
EnEsCe: Their sponsorship was removed because they were posting malicious comments about me without hearing my side of the story.

I don't recall anyone other than Poop or ramirez posting anything about you, and I don't remember any flaming or defamation from any of their posts (at least not until after you deleted the thread and banned Farah/Grishnak). Poop may have seemed a little judgmental, but that's just how he is. I, personally, don't see how you can terminate sponsoring the largest league of Soldat because of the small irritant that is Poop. They are your servers and you have the right to do with them as you please, but I just find your ending the SCTFL-eC partnership a little unjustified.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:55:14 am by Shinobars »

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2009, 02:27:40 am »
I support Shoozza for Soldat developer. This should have happened long time ago. Take the guy in.

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2009, 02:35:30 am »
I don't really want to stir up s**t anymore, but I don't think you're telling the whole truth here EnEsCe.

EnEsCe: As some of you know, [almost] every time I have released a dedicated server there has been some debug stuff that I forgot to remove upon release (Most notably lines in console).
How is it possible that you somehow remembered to remove the ping code for every server release, but it somehow "accidentally" managed to stay in your binary for this long? If what you said was true, the ping code would've been enabled for ALL servers or NO servers at all. But it was only enabled on yours, so it's obvious to me that this was no accident. Furthermore, this whole ping issue has been in your attention for months, probably over half a year, and it's only now that you suddenly find the code causing this after you're caught red handed. Isn't that a bit too convenient.

I'm also offended that you blame the SCTFL admins for posting malicious comments about you. We HAD heard your side of the story (both Poop and I were active during the discussion on #Shoozza yesterday, and we knew both sides' story). We greatly care for this community and all we wanted is for the truth to get out, we were not in any personal crusade after you. I for one have always supported and defended you being a dev for the game, when many has had major issues with it. It's not really an issue though, since we were also planning on canceling the sponsorship, so no hard feelings.

I also think the deleting the topic out of "mad rage" isn't the whole truth. I can understand that you were angry and you deleted it from the General Discussions, but why would you remove it from the trash bin as well, which no regular members can even see. The only reasonable explanation is that you were trying to hide your involvement.

I think there are too many inconsistencies for your story to hold, but at least you're showing remorse, which I find positive. Let's leave the rest for MM and the others to decide, but I'd like to also show my full support for Shoozza becoming part of the development team. He's a nice and intelligent guy, and I believe he's got what it takes to make Soldat a better game.

EDIT.

Also you said this earlier:
[04:06:41] <EnEsCe> It's not really losable, every single person in that thread, including you, is proving to be a moron who lacks perspective and logic. That binary that was posted was UPX compressed... Why would I UPX compress a binary that was only going on my server?
Now we all know for a certain that the binary was on your server, yet it was UPX compressed. And you had to know about this from the start, because binaries don't UPX compress themselves. I'd sure like to hear an explanation for this, because right now it looks like you were trying to come up with a "logical excuse" to deny your involvement-
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 02:59:11 am by ramirez »

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2009, 03:12:21 am »
I think that it was wrong of EnEsCe to rent out developmental servers anyway, regardless of anything else. No other server provider can offer his customers exclusive access to the next generation server version, and EnEsCe shouldn't have that advantage either, no matter if he develops it.

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2009, 03:16:40 am »
I can't believe that you wouldn't remember mafioza, it hasn't even been half a year since the partnership. To call him a random person you met on the internet is pretty ridiculous. Not to mention that in those mafioza logs he apparently addressed you with the ping issue and yet nothing was done about it... on your servers. The code was always removed from the new server version but somehow you never remembered to remove it from yours. It's clear you have been aware of the ping issue for a long time now. The fact that you didn't deal with it when mafioza talked about it with you, your overall attitude in the logs, deleting the old topic, your past and the inconsistencies in your story really don't help your case at all and I really don't think there's a reason to believe you at this point.

I'm pretty sad about this because I genuinely believed that you were the right person to develop Soldat, that the hacks and other stupid acts were thing of the past, and I have defended you many times when someone has tried to start some s**t about you on IRC. However, I'm not so gullible to think that this was an accident after considering the available information and everything that has happened. And I'm not exactly expecting you to admit altering the pings either since assuming it wasn't an accident, it's an illegal scam. And even if it was actually an accident, the attitude you have shown in the logs and here on the forums, threatening and banning people, deleting topics (even from the trash bin) and the fact that you have ignored the ping issue for half a year shows that you might not be qualified to be part of the development team, or at least not to hold any power to make someone's Soldat life a living hell as you put it. As a developer, you partly represent Soldat and the community and I think it should be out of questions to do or say some of the things you have done here.

Anyway, it's good that you are apologizing and offering refunds, it's definitely a right thing to do and I respect that. And I'm sorry if I sound overly negative, I'm not trying to insult you or anything of the sort, I just genuinely believe this is not an accident and for a good reason. I never had a problem with you so this isn't personal, don't take it that way.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:19:35 am by DragonSlayer »

AE/DragonSlayer