Author Topic: Ok so...  (Read 36016 times)

Offline MShinoda

• Major(1)
    • The Spectrum
Re: Ok so...
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2009, 12:10:40 pm »
I hope you realize that if Enesce is kicked from his position he could just hack the hell out of Soldat, not saying that he would do this for sure.
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2009, 12:31:30 pm »
I hope you realize that if Enesce is kicked from his position he could just hack the hell out of Soldat, not saying that he would do this for sure.

He won't be. And if he was [which he won't] I highly doubt he'd do that.
There are other worlds than these

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2009, 01:43:48 pm »
He won't be. And if he was [which he won't] I highly doubt he'd do that.
lol, enesce wants to kill soldat, just look at 1.5, it's so poorly made, and he worked on it for months, and still so bad.
remove his devteam status, he's also not capable of this position, since his ego is too big. no-community listener, and he doesn't even listen to the Beta team.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2009, 01:48:59 pm »
lol, enesce wants to kill soldat, just look at 1.5, it's so poorly made, and he worked on it for months, and still so bad.
remove his devteam status, he's also not capable of this position, since his ego is too big. no-community listener, and he doesn't even listen to the Beta team.
I have a recent history lesson for you. 1.5 was a PUBLIC BETA! I know it's hard to comprehend but he actually let us (the people!) test out soldat for several months. And do you know what happened (and why there probably won't be another public beta)? Well nobody really tested it! He fixed the bugs that were reported, but because we (the beta team) didn't actually take his beta seriously he didn't find a lot of them.

Offline Zischer

• Major(1)
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2009, 01:50:19 pm »

it fits.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2009, 01:53:49 pm »
I have a recent history lesson for you. 1.5 was a PUBLIC BETA! I know it's hard to comprehend but he actually let us (the people!) test out soldat for several months. And do you know what happened (and why there probably won't be another public beta)? Well nobody really tested it! He fixed the bugs that were reported, but because we (the beta team) didn't actually take his beta seriously he didn't find a lot of them.
he hosted NO dm server, his idea of trying to make a public beta failed, because he didn't make it public enough.

the DM bug is so obvious it's sad. he does not fit as a developer.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2009, 02:07:26 pm »

Hopefully there won't be more public betas.

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2009, 02:19:01 pm »
Or if he does a public beta, release a server for it as well (PUBLICLY) so people can host it, and gathers can host it, ect... The more servers that get hosted around the world for it, the more a beta would get played. Everyone was at fault for it, not just us, not just him.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2009, 04:40:26 pm »
Or if he does a public beta, release a server for it as well (PUBLICLY) so people can host it, and gathers can host it, ect... The more servers that get hosted around the world for it, the more a beta would get played. Everyone was at fault for it, not just us, not just him.

Yah there's actually very good point. I remember enesce saying that keep on playing the old 1.4.2 while the public betas were released, so main community stayed with it and 1.5 got bad tested.

There is no point staying with official version except the leagues. For example gathers should use the new public betas.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2009, 05:10:52 pm »
The truth is, 1.x releases are usually the "open betas", with 1.x.x being the definite release with all the bug fixes.. it how it has always been. I don't really see a point in calling it "open beta" or w/e, just release it and do the quick patch with the bugs fixed (tho this requires an active beta team so that important bugs dont make it to the public release, making it unplayable).

Altho this is kinda off-topic ;, ;

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2009, 07:16:25 pm »
This needs to be solved in the next couple of days.

This would never of happened if he wasn't so arrogant.
One person can't develop a game.
When we were waiting for 2.5(or whatever, totally don't know what number we're up to) many people tried to suggest a bigger dev team. I don't know if it was MM's or NSC's decision, but that was the main problem.

I don't really want him back, but something has to happen, whether he comes back just as a helping hand, or leaves forever. I know he shouldn't be running it, he shouldn't be given any powers, either develop or forum.

He shouldn't be aloud to rent out servers. I don't think anyone wants them anymore anyway.

If he comes back, he should be on thin ice, and not be aloud to dictate the whole forum, just because his working on Soldat.

If he comes back, those who don't trust him, should continue not trusting him, and those who support him should continue doing so.

I don't think he should come back, he'll stir up way to much sh!t, and I don't think MM should have a decision about a single thing anymore. Great things could have happened if he didn't abandon Soldat completely, for a game that's going to get about 3 hours gameplay.

Popularity shows there should be a whole new team working on Soldat. If it were up to me, I'd want 20 people working on Soldat. Even if they aren't very good.

One last thing, you can't blame the beta team for anything. Some of those bugs were ridiculous.
There's no possible way not one person saw the deathmatch bug, and didn't report it. I'd like to blame that on bad programming. And you'd can't have a beta running for a year, and expect people to switch over versions. Two hours with about ten people, and surely you can find every single bug.
Fix them, another two hours, for any new bugs. The whole process shouldn't last longer than a week.

20 minutes ago, I didn't mind anymore if NSC continued, but now I remember how much he f#$ked up, I'm back to my old self, wanting him to go. Even if you take away the past week, his still done quite a poor job.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2009, 07:24:50 pm »
I was participating in public beta and I haven't found that dm bug simply because there was no dm, tm, rm server running. As for me, I think NSC should still develop soldat but it's not one man work. Dev-team should grow bigger. I really dunno who is capable to develop soldat around here, maybe Ramirez, Shoozza, Toumaz...I'm really confused since I don't know you at all.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2009, 08:02:40 pm »
Aye, give NSC some credit for being the sole developer of Soldat for the first time and doing it for free.

Secondly, previous versions (1.2.0 to 1.4.2) of Soldat never really had major additions until 1.5.0. They're all pretty much the same except for weapons balance (both ini and the code) and bug fixes. 1.5.0, on the other hand, was featured with a lot of modifications (75% bullet push, actionsnap, headshot, lobby chat), it'd definitely take quite some time to code it.

Then in the public betas (this is the first time that has happened) no one really participated, though yes, I agree there should be more servers and different game modes rather than just CTF. We all asked for the lobby chat, but turns out the idea didn't work anyway, so it's wasted effort for that one.

Now that MM has long lost interest in Soldat and moved on to Link-Dead, the development of Soldat lies in our hands and we're short of strong manpower. 1.5.0 shows that a one man army wouldn't do, so it'd be better if we had more people in the dev team.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:08:49 pm by STM1993 »

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2009, 08:17:44 pm »
I guess the developer should be not be host also.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2009, 08:43:37 pm »
I don't think that it's a problem for EnEsCe to rent out servers, but he definitely should be using the same server version to which everybody else has access instead of the developmental version, and he shouldn't give his servers priority in things such as the readme.txt.

Offline NiveusLuxLucis

• Major(1)
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2009, 11:30:36 pm »
Sure eC might've lied and scammed us, using an advantage that could have people advertise thier internation pings for him. even though he never advertised: LOWEST INTERNATIONAL PINGS or anything

Quote from: enesce's website: Buy a server, features list.
• Low pings all over the world

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2009, 01:28:30 am »
I think that EnEsCe should be able to use the dev version, cause he has to test it. Sponsored servers only might be the best way, but he has to be able to develop soldat without too much interruptions/barriers.

Who am I to complain about this btw (I never hired a server from nsc and I just have access to a sponsored server he gives excellent service to.. dev versions and normal versions should be about the same. A new version should come out when something important is fixed.

(yes this was a major difference and was really weird in my opinion)
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #157 on: July 04, 2009, 01:52:10 am »
Sure eC might've lied and scammed us, using an advantage that could have people advertise thier internation pings for him. even though he never advertised: LOWEST INTERNATIONAL PINGS or anything

Quote from: enesce's website: Buy a server, features list.
• Low pings all over the world

Just pointing this out because it's bothering me. Low does not equal lowest.

Offline Devastated Mind

• Major(1)
« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2009, 03:57:12 am »

I would like to point out that he _did_not_ fix all bugs that were reported. For example the bug with action snap where you see a wrong crop of the screen.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2009, 04:52:50 am »
Sponsored servers only might be the best way.

Exactly. If customer servers are using the dev version aswell, this kind of creates a monopole and an advantage which is not what I would call politically correct.

I'd like to remind the community that EnEsCe has done quite a bit for Soldat (not only since he has been developing 1.5) and that, despite that he has proven to be an asshole sometimes, he deserves some respect. The effort is immense, the pressure from community side is huge, but there are only few people that actually constructively aid the developers. Add reallife and not much of a payment to this and frustration is guaranteed.

Please notice that I am biased due having received sponsored servers from [eC] for quite a while now.

EDIT: Oh and while this conversation is happily continueing the bashing, EnEsCe has fixed a few severe bugs in the next soldatserver version that the Hexer community has reported to him. That asshole.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 04:57:44 am by Avarax »
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host