Author Topic: Ok so...  (Read 36003 times)

Offline Farah

• Major
Re: Ok so...
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2009, 05:36:22 am »
and i'm biased cuz i was banned and accused by him of stalking his blog looking for the "right time" to employ my team of hackers to create a fake binary that would implicate him of fraudulent actions.

what an asshole.
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2009, 05:42:46 am »
I'm fine with EnEsCe staying as the developer, but if he get's a second chance I don't see why Shoozza shouldn't either (SoldatPorted).
Text goes here...

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2009, 07:48:10 am »
I'm fine with EnEsCe staying as the developer, but if he get's a second chance I don't see why Shoozza shouldn't either (SoldatPorted).
Quite weird reasoning, why don't we make it open source then?
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2009, 08:11:40 am »
If any game becomes open-source, you can quite safely say that the game-maker has given up on the game, and it suffers these consequences:

1) Now that they have access to the source code, people can hack the game, and with greater ease.

2) People can take the code of the game, tweak it, and release it as a completely new game, when it's simply a modded Soldat. Worse if those people attempt to make money from this.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 08:17:16 am by STM1993 »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2009, 08:27:56 am »
1) Now that they have access to the source code, people can hack the game, and with greater ease.
But then they might have a reason to highlight those bugs to the person overseeing the open source game, because the bug could be then quite easily fixed.

2) People can take the code of the game, tweak it, and release it as a completely new game, when it's simply a modded Soldat. Worse if those people attempt to make money from this.
Licensing would protect from that.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 08:29:32 am by SpiltCoffee »
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2009, 08:29:16 am »
If it's licensed as a specific type under Creative Commons, they can't make money from it. However, this is a futile thought, since MM has expressed in the past that Soldat will stay as-is.

The same goes for people going 'I'm fine/not fine with...Enesce' because the decision has been made, he's going to stay, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

(then again, an established community behind a game going open-source could very well lead to good, because there aren't that many people who can code very well, and it would just mean that the current devs would be replaced by people from the regulars. The issue of money is what makes it weird)

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2009, 09:07:53 am »
Soldat is on the verge on something, something big, and no one is going to see it coming till its too late. I can't believe EnEsCe is staying...I used to think he was really great, a massive help in developing soldat, but know? I have heard some stuff I shall express when I have confirmation.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2009, 10:06:02 am »
Soldat is on the verge on something, something big, and no one is going to see it coming till its too late. I can't believe EnEsCe is staying...I used to think he was really great, a massive help in developing soldat, but know? I have heard some stuff I shall express when I have confirmation.
On the verge of something big? Uh.. no.

This is stupid, accusing... misleading... everything.

EnEsCe is fine. Farah had it coming anyway.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2009, 10:13:40 am »
I'm fine with EnEsCe staying as the developer, but if he gets a second chance I don't see why Shoozza shouldn't either (SoldatPorted).
Well, Shoozza isn't doing SoldatPorted. Why? Because EnEsCe doesn't want to give the source. Why? Because Shoozza supposedly black mailed him. Now we see EnEsCe doing his thing. Then, it isn't that bad, but shit happened, people got banned, and the code was left in the servers... Anyway, I guess Shoozza doesn't give a shit anymore so it doesn't matter. :-\
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:15:26 am by Laser Guy »
Text goes here...

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2009, 01:10:15 pm »
Read that.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #170 on: July 04, 2009, 01:15:33 pm »
Already been posted here...
Text goes here...

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #171 on: July 04, 2009, 01:29:57 pm »
He's referring to the responses of the post.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2009, 01:41:36 pm »
I know, but anyone interested should know about this already by now.
Text goes here...

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2009, 04:33:01 pm »
Shoozza: Why you deleted the threads and banned people continuesely which looked like censorship?
EnEsCe: I was acting in blind rage, and yes I know it was wrong. I would never have done it normally, I can’t remember what exactly was going through my mind at the time. I most likely thought it would stop people harassing me on IRC; and people I trusted echoing confidential conversations etc, I also felt the other admins were all against me already. I acknowledge that it was stupid and I abused my admin privileges by doing so. Fair enough. I would have liked to read it all eventually. I apologize to the other forum admins for the trouble I caused, they did the right thing.

Why were you in a blind rage when no one, besides one guy, if I recall correctly, who was out of line, was provoking you, but rather were asking legitimate questions? Furthermore, people harassing you on IRC is easily fixed by the ignore function. I honestly can't see why you would think the admins were out to get you, as well.

Has this question gotten answered yet? If it has, I missed it. ;(

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #174 on: July 04, 2009, 04:34:59 pm »
The thing that really bugs me about you, "Give him a second chance" guys, is this WAS his second chance. Which he screwed up.

As for that apology, its bs all the way. If it was something as simple as that, why would he RAGE so bad? It makes no sense. If he was innocent from the beginning, he wouldnt have rage deleted topics, rage banned, rage threatened people. People that are innocent instead come up with the proof proving it, instead of raging and trying to make the situation go away. Why would he claim OMG CONSPIRACY H4XERZ!!!111!! And then make up MULTIPLE contradicting explanations, its like throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

As for the people that say putting another member on the dev team would be a bad idea, because of this shit storm, this again proves that enesce shouldnt dev, because if he was innocent from the start, he shouldnt have any bad feelings, and would welcome the help.  If its that difficult to manage deving a game by yourself, wouldnt it be logical to want some help, to make the load on each person smaller?  Its not like enesce is the only coder on the PLANET. Just because he has been working with the code for a while, doesnt mean that someone else couldnt pick up on it in a few days/weeks.

As for soldat becoming open source, I belive it would be a great idea. And just because a game goes open souce, does NOT mean the creator abandoned it.  Apparently none of you people have seen OS communities for games. Sure it would probably be messy at first, but then there would be an "Official" version that would become the standard, much like it is now. It might have hackers, but it would be delt with quite quickly, since its open source, changes could be made faster since odds are there would be more than one dev. Bugs would be solved quicker.

As for him using dev versions of the servers for sale, he shouldnt be allowed to do that. If he wants to test the new servers, set up a pub running it. Or, pass out the dev servers to other hosters as well, so they can run it if they really want to.  It is an unfair advantage that he should not have.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline lewwy

• Major(1)
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2009, 04:47:09 am »
I made an account so I could make this post.

Basically I am struck in awe at the past 14 pages of posting by a bunch of people complaining about the length of bullet trails in the game.  I'm not sure where the problem lies exactly, but for crying out loud people give the guy a break.

I went to school with EnEsCe a few years ago now, and he's a great guy.  Does he always maintain a level head?  No.  Nobody here wants to hear that, but I think you all need to know that he is a HUMAN BEING with EMOTIONS.  Which one of you have never had a bad day?  Does anyone here have a direct tap on what was happening in EnEsCe's life the day this all went down?  The dudes trying to dev Soldat and make it better for each and every one of you, accidentally leaves some debug code in, and gets roasted for it.

How many of you on this forum have written a line of code that compiles?  How many of you have stayed around for the whole development cycle and released patches when needed?  And out of the remaining few, who of YOU haven't made a coding mistake?  Some bad or typo'd code can make your PC crash or worse, I think you all should be thankful that it was manifested in bullet trails being too long.

Another thing.  14 pages?  On bullet trails?  An entire community uprising? On bullet trails?  I've seen less hell come from people having affairs!  I'm of the opinion that everyone who has continously complained about OMG ITS A CONSPIRACY to grow up and move out of their mothers basement.  I don't know about EnEsCe, but I know that I personally have much more important things to do in life than perportrate a conspiracy in a computer game.

It doesn't matter WHO has the source code, whats IN the source code, or what the source code compiles to or if it gives ANYONE an advantage.  If MM cares who has the source code, and if they have acquired it illegally, then he will take the relevant action.  Its not up to anyone here to challenge MM to open source the game.  Its his game and he'll do whatever the hell he wants with it.

You have a choice, either suck it up with whats happened, or throw it in and dont play Solday anymore.  If you want to stand on your soap box and complain about bullet trails, then I'm pretty sure the Soldat community doesn't want you around anyway.

And for the inevitable post pointing out my post count, you are exactly the people I am talking about.

Offline Devastated Mind

• Major(1)
« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2009, 05:17:43 am »
Two annotations:

- It's not about bullet trails. I suppose you should have read EVERYTHING rather than just what you wanted to know.
- People didn't see a conspiracy. They wanted to know how it was possible for people from Europe to have such great pings on North American servers. Out of sheer curiosity. At least until the point where NSC went monkey balls.

Keep to the facts.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2009, 05:30:41 am »
A minor note: the code stayed accidentaly, but it was there to prevent "laser bullets" in the versions before.
The real problem was that eC deleted the topics from the deleted topic bin, so it looked like he is hiding something, and then:
"OMG OMG OMG CONSPIRATION THEORY!!!!1"
And then moments later:
"GIEF DEV TO SHOOZZA, HE WONT DO DAT"
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline NiveusLuxLucis

• Major(1)
« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2009, 05:33:26 am »
Well, I'd accuse you of being enesce, but I think enesce can at least count, or use his eyes.

First point: 9 pages. Not 14.

Second point: You clearly haven't even read the 9 pages, as if you had it would be quite clear to you that people are annoy enesce was using a dev server (abusing his position) that just happen to have code that reduced ping on his servers. The intention of the code is irrelevant; it was in his servers.

Third point: Enesce has been untrustworthy in the past, and has proven repeatedly that he has a very poor attitude towards other people online. I couldn't give a shit about how he acts in real life, because that's not how I know him.

Finally: "accidentally leaves some debug code in, and gets roasted for it."
He actually was questioned about it first, at which point he had a rage, said that people were flat out lying, ignored all posts on the issue, deleted the thread from the forums and banned people several times. It was probably about then people started thinking there was something wrong.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2009, 06:03:51 am »
I went to school with EnEsCe a few years ago now, and he's a great guy.  Does he always maintain a level head?  No.  Nobody here wants to hear that, but I think you all need to know that he is a HUMAN BEING with EMOTIONS.  Which one of you have never had a bad day?  Does anyone here have a direct tap on what was happening in EnEsCe's life the day this all went down?  The dudes trying to dev Soldat and make it better for each and every one of you, accidentally leaves some debug code in, and gets roasted for it.

he just doesn't fit his position, no matter what causes it. Excuses are useless, he just isn't able to handle such responsibility and thats what counts. If he resigned, the case would be over and he wouldn't get 'roasted'. But he holds his dev position like grim death despite of being completely unwanted. This obviously causes conflicts.

Another thing.  14 pages?  On bullet trails?  An entire community uprising? On bullet trails?  I've seen less hell come from people having affairs!  I'm of the opinion that everyone who has continously complained about OMG ITS A CONSPIRACY to grow up and move out of their mothers basement.  I don't know about EnEsCe, but I know that I personally have much more important things to do in life than perportrate a conspiracy in a computer game.

1. Like it was mentioned already, you completely missed the point of this entire discussion...
2. It was Enesce that made some hilarious conspiracy theory about group of hackers falsifying evidences to make him look bad.

Its his game and he'll do whatever the hell he wants with it.

We all put some effort into the game and we have some expactations. If we don't like something, we point it out. I haven't seen anyone commanding MM to do anything. We are just making opinions on whats happening and how could it be dealt with. And most of the people are dissapointed in complete ignorance from MM's side...
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens