Author Topic: The Last Straw, and my Resignation  (Read 20135 times)

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
The Last Straw, and my Resignation
« on: July 04, 2009, 02:30:27 pm »
Do not jump on the bandwagon too quickly. Stay away from drama and gossip. That's the realm of women. As Men we should concentrate on Truth, Respect of one another and making good Work. Learn to separate those that work hard on creating something and those that just talk. EnEsCe is making a fine job with the new version, so if you really care about the game, wait for Soldat 1.5.1.

The TRUTH is that Shoozza has the source to Soldat. MM gave it to him.

Why didn't Michal mention this before? Because Michal doesn't trust Enesce to know. Enesce wants to be the sole developer, and won't have any other developers working on Soldat.

The TRUTH is, none of us trust Enesce.

FliesLikeABrick. MM. The people who put him where he is.

The TRUTH is, Enesce threatens other developers

jrgp last week. Shoozza. Probably more. Nice choice, MM. Viva la Soldat.

The TRUTH is, MM is legally required to open-source Soldat server

MM was legally bound to open-source Soldat server because he was compiling it with GPL Kylix. I brought this up to him, and he told me that he just hadn't got around to open-sourcing Soldat yet.

He quickly started using commercial Kylix and now he completely denies he ever said this. He lied to me and to everybody.

The TRUTH is, MM ignored the people who matter. And I am resigning.

Unless MM can make good on his promises, trust the people who matter, and BE A MAN. The people wanted swift action. They were yours, Michal, and you let them all down. It is my hope that you right your wrongs and show us that you care.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 03:06:44 pm by ElephantHunter »
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: The Last Straw, and my Resignation
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 02:33:58 pm »
well, I don't see why you leave as an admin just because shoozza is going to take over... or what's actually going to happen.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 02:40:15 pm »
I knew that this whole EnEsCe incident would bring forth some change. I fully understand your decision to resign, because I too have been disappointed by this.

EnEsCe was given his chance and he failed. He clearly does not show that he is qualified for the job.

I sincerely hope that this ends out with Soldat in a far better position then before.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 02:41:36 pm »
$able is unhappy too.  I'll let him post his thoughts here, I don't want to post the PM he sent me without his permission.

well, I don't see why you leave as an admin just because shoozza is going to take over... or what's actually going to happen.

EH isn't leaving because he has a problem with Shoozza.  He is leaving because right now, Shoozza isn't being allowed to help.  EH _wants_ Shoozza to work on the development of Soldat.   At this point, he is more committed to it that NSC or MM.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:45:19 pm by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 02:52:02 pm »
id hate to say this, but this might be a turning point in soldat development history, and darn i don't want to know what happens next. Anyway, i wish you all the best from here on out.

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 02:57:18 pm »
i appreciate that you reveal all of this to us but you know MM doesn't care. but it's nice to confirm that eC is indeed an asshole.

right avarax?
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 03:05:07 pm »
He is. A good one among the many assholes in the world.

We should make some boulevard newspaper for Soldat.
"ELEPHANT HUNTER RAGEQUITS SOLDAT! for full interview, go to page 3!"

Don't take it personal Elephant Hunter, I'm just seeing all this rather relaxed and this made me laugh.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 03:25:18 pm »
He is. A good one among the many assholes in the world.

He can program, but by no stretch of the imagination does this make his actions good. We live in a world where people must work as a team to compete. Soldat has grown too large, the release dates too far apart, to continue under a single person. Why is Enesce monopolizing Soldat and driving away some of our best developers?
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline MetsuriTossavainen

• Camper
  • The Chainsaw Wizard
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 03:30:10 pm »
He has taken possession of Soldat.

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 03:31:36 pm »
Ok here goes finally. I am still unsure about the whole situation. People make mistakes in their lives and many of them! Nobody is perfect.
I never really enjoyed chatting with NSC, probably because the whole tw vs ttw issue. Its hard to get a grip on him. Non the less i had good chats with him in between. Many mistakes we're made last weeks. By everyone. People really should try to stay objective in such situations and refer how the situation is to him/her. We don't get results by just bashing one person.

Personally i need to say the best updates on soldat we're done by NSC so far. I also really enjoy(ed) the script core besides the many bugs and all time i wasted in searching to an solution. I think NSC you should make up your mind and ask yourself what's happening. Developers should be in my opinion much more open to suggestions and act adult, and give friendly positive advice on someone who needs it.
I wonder enesce, do you want any help at all? I would love to see a nice development team for soldat that is willing and motivated to work on this game.
Also the whole beta test team stinks in my opinion. I never liked how it goes on the forum etc. There are really some issues with the guys that play this game since it all started.

Elephant Hunter, i respect your opinion, and i can understand your point of view. Its not right how things went last weeks/months. A lot of people we're waiting for something like this to tell the real truth.
I wonder what is going to happen. Personally i think the game had its best time. As well the game and the community are doomed somehow. Look at the suggestion thread on the forum. Its just plain bullshit because none of the developers will listen anyways.

Conclusion: enesce, you did things that weren't right and you admitted the way you acted was wrong. Maybe you should think about your current situation and the way you act as the main developer of soldat. I really appreciate the work you put into this after all but don't let it ruin you.
Your human after all <3

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 04:32:28 pm »
Sadly, as I said before:

I bet this will have bigger consequences by the time...

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 04:52:34 pm »
@spkka: Don't kid yourself. If nobody but Enesce is given the chance to work on Soldat, logically Enesce will be making the best updates. I never said he was lazy.

If Enesce must continue working on Soldat, there absolutely has to be other developers to keep his power-trip in check. He can not be in charge. All this anti-competetive and threatening behavior shows us that he simply does not have the emotional capacity to not abuse his position.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 04:55:50 pm by ElephantHunter »
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline Spec Ops

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 04:58:35 pm »
"Soldat belongs to MM, not the community"

Soldat is only where it is today because of this community and if we go the game is worthless. Thus continues the lack of understanding by artists that once you create something it becomes the worlds.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 06:59:08 pm »
To be honest, when I read the email called "The Last Straw, and my Resignation" I was really hoping I'd see NSC on the first post.

I don't blame you. The way MM's handled things is ridiculous, I don't know who's actions have been worse, NSC or MM!

Offline m00`

• Soldier
  • hai guys
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 07:23:06 pm »
i'm just posting so that i'm part of soldat history

oh yeah and to stay on topic
don't leave elephant hunter! atleast hang out on irc!
cool

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 07:26:29 pm »
I'll admit that I don't know much about this topic, but I'm glad this sort of thing takes place, because it DOES strengthen the community in the long run...unless it kills it lol...

OH and we can't let the Elephant Population get too big now EH...we need you...I don't remember everr seeing you do anything I despised or couldn't respect so I think you should stay...but lol there is life outside of Soldat.......................just so you guys know.....do you? ;) just kidding
"I gotta live like Jacob more holy less hip, by his grace Sho Baraka gone spit the real, been doing that Reach life before I got the deal, called to make mini-me's till the day that I die, so on my tombstone say, "he didn't die he multiplied"!"                                                  - Sho Baraka

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 08:29:10 pm »
I'm not going to pretend to understand this, but it seems to me this could be sorted out. I just hope soldat still gets made.

*Edit*
After reading up on this somewhat, I could not stop laughing. The act itself was not the issue here, it was the coverup. It is so agonizingly hilarious that a small gaming community could mimic real events so perfectly I literally_could_not_stop_laughing. In conclusion, you all have made me lose even more faith in humanity. George Santayana was so right.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:19:15 pm by LtKillroy »
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 10:47:35 pm »
Can you all just stop it?
Sure some bad things happened.
enesce screwed up and people became sad from mm's post..
But this is the 3rd day you talk about.No one deserves such cruelty..
I respect both enesce and mm but i don't know why i even turned my back on enesce,maybe is was the right thing than and MM your post "did" hurt some people because all of us respect you..
Anyway if someone doesn't understand/like my post ...
Go to 4Chan...Maybe you will learn something from there...(This may sound retarded but try it,you wont regret it :) )
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:49:56 pm by pavliko »
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 11:30:08 pm »
My worst fears for this game might have come to pass. If so many of our most capable people are being thrown out or are resigning and even MM himself has forgotten this game, then how is Soldat going to last? Worst yet, there is no honesty around here.

The resignation would only be adding fuel to the fire.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 12:00:25 am by STM1993 »

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 11:48:28 pm »
"Soldat belongs to MM, not the community"

Soldat is only where it is today because of this community and if we go the game is worthless. Thus continues the lack of understanding by artists that once you create something it becomes the worlds.

I must agree with EnEsCe on this point (though his way of expressing it could have been better). The game is ultimately in MM's hands, whether we agree with him on its direction or not, and that's really how it should be. The right to make big decisions doesn't automatically leave the creator's hands just because the community happens to disagree with him, and at the end of the day MM's word will have it, as it must.

That being said, I am nonetheless very disappointed by the lack of concern that MM displayed in his recent post, and I really think that he ought to gauge the opinion of the community a bit more before making any final decisions on this matter. The general apathy that he's shown to the game and our community, coupled with the revelations made by EH, are a cause for concern, and I hope that he will reassess the whole situation before washing his hands of it.

While I understand the reasons that you're proffering your resignation, EH, I must say that losing you as part of the administrative team may only add insult to injury after this entire unfortunate dilemma. You're clearly a valuable member of our community, and remaining in a position of leverage may help to influence things the right way.