Author Topic: The Last Straw, and my Resignation  (Read 20157 times)

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
The Last Straw, and my Resignation
« on: July 04, 2009, 02:30:27 pm »
Do not jump on the bandwagon too quickly. Stay away from drama and gossip. That's the realm of women. As Men we should concentrate on Truth, Respect of one another and making good Work. Learn to separate those that work hard on creating something and those that just talk. EnEsCe is making a fine job with the new version, so if you really care about the game, wait for Soldat 1.5.1.

The TRUTH is that Shoozza has the source to Soldat. MM gave it to him.

Why didn't Michal mention this before? Because Michal doesn't trust Enesce to know. Enesce wants to be the sole developer, and won't have any other developers working on Soldat.

The TRUTH is, none of us trust Enesce.

FliesLikeABrick. MM. The people who put him where he is.

The TRUTH is, Enesce threatens other developers

jrgp last week. Shoozza. Probably more. Nice choice, MM. Viva la Soldat.

The TRUTH is, MM is legally required to open-source Soldat server

MM was legally bound to open-source Soldat server because he was compiling it with GPL Kylix. I brought this up to him, and he told me that he just hadn't got around to open-sourcing Soldat yet.

He quickly started using commercial Kylix and now he completely denies he ever said this. He lied to me and to everybody.

The TRUTH is, MM ignored the people who matter. And I am resigning.

Unless MM can make good on his promises, trust the people who matter, and BE A MAN. The people wanted swift action. They were yours, Michal, and you let them all down. It is my hope that you right your wrongs and show us that you care.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 03:06:44 pm by ElephantHunter »
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: The Last Straw, and my Resignation
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 02:33:58 pm »
well, I don't see why you leave as an admin just because shoozza is going to take over... or what's actually going to happen.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 02:40:15 pm »
I knew that this whole EnEsCe incident would bring forth some change. I fully understand your decision to resign, because I too have been disappointed by this.

EnEsCe was given his chance and he failed. He clearly does not show that he is qualified for the job.

I sincerely hope that this ends out with Soldat in a far better position then before.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 02:41:36 pm »
$able is unhappy too.  I'll let him post his thoughts here, I don't want to post the PM he sent me without his permission.

well, I don't see why you leave as an admin just because shoozza is going to take over... or what's actually going to happen.

EH isn't leaving because he has a problem with Shoozza.  He is leaving because right now, Shoozza isn't being allowed to help.  EH _wants_ Shoozza to work on the development of Soldat.   At this point, he is more committed to it that NSC or MM.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:45:19 pm by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 02:52:02 pm »
id hate to say this, but this might be a turning point in soldat development history, and darn i don't want to know what happens next. Anyway, i wish you all the best from here on out.

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 02:57:18 pm »
i appreciate that you reveal all of this to us but you know MM doesn't care. but it's nice to confirm that eC is indeed an asshole.

right avarax?
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 03:05:07 pm »
He is. A good one among the many assholes in the world.

We should make some boulevard newspaper for Soldat.
"ELEPHANT HUNTER RAGEQUITS SOLDAT! for full interview, go to page 3!"

Don't take it personal Elephant Hunter, I'm just seeing all this rather relaxed and this made me laugh.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 03:25:18 pm »
He is. A good one among the many assholes in the world.

He can program, but by no stretch of the imagination does this make his actions good. We live in a world where people must work as a team to compete. Soldat has grown too large, the release dates too far apart, to continue under a single person. Why is Enesce monopolizing Soldat and driving away some of our best developers?
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline MetsuriTossavainen

• Camper
  • The Chainsaw Wizard
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 03:30:10 pm »
He has taken possession of Soldat.

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 03:31:36 pm »
Ok here goes finally. I am still unsure about the whole situation. People make mistakes in their lives and many of them! Nobody is perfect.
I never really enjoyed chatting with NSC, probably because the whole tw vs ttw issue. Its hard to get a grip on him. Non the less i had good chats with him in between. Many mistakes we're made last weeks. By everyone. People really should try to stay objective in such situations and refer how the situation is to him/her. We don't get results by just bashing one person.

Personally i need to say the best updates on soldat we're done by NSC so far. I also really enjoy(ed) the script core besides the many bugs and all time i wasted in searching to an solution. I think NSC you should make up your mind and ask yourself what's happening. Developers should be in my opinion much more open to suggestions and act adult, and give friendly positive advice on someone who needs it.
I wonder enesce, do you want any help at all? I would love to see a nice development team for soldat that is willing and motivated to work on this game.
Also the whole beta test team stinks in my opinion. I never liked how it goes on the forum etc. There are really some issues with the guys that play this game since it all started.

Elephant Hunter, i respect your opinion, and i can understand your point of view. Its not right how things went last weeks/months. A lot of people we're waiting for something like this to tell the real truth.
I wonder what is going to happen. Personally i think the game had its best time. As well the game and the community are doomed somehow. Look at the suggestion thread on the forum. Its just plain bullshit because none of the developers will listen anyways.

Conclusion: enesce, you did things that weren't right and you admitted the way you acted was wrong. Maybe you should think about your current situation and the way you act as the main developer of soldat. I really appreciate the work you put into this after all but don't let it ruin you.
Your human after all <3

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 04:32:28 pm »
Sadly, as I said before:

I bet this will have bigger consequences by the time...

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 04:52:34 pm »
@spkka: Don't kid yourself. If nobody but Enesce is given the chance to work on Soldat, logically Enesce will be making the best updates. I never said he was lazy.

If Enesce must continue working on Soldat, there absolutely has to be other developers to keep his power-trip in check. He can not be in charge. All this anti-competetive and threatening behavior shows us that he simply does not have the emotional capacity to not abuse his position.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 04:55:50 pm by ElephantHunter »
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline Spec Ops

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 04:58:35 pm »
"Soldat belongs to MM, not the community"

Soldat is only where it is today because of this community and if we go the game is worthless. Thus continues the lack of understanding by artists that once you create something it becomes the worlds.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 06:59:08 pm »
To be honest, when I read the email called "The Last Straw, and my Resignation" I was really hoping I'd see NSC on the first post.

I don't blame you. The way MM's handled things is ridiculous, I don't know who's actions have been worse, NSC or MM!

Offline m00`

• Soldier
  • hai guys
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 07:23:06 pm »
i'm just posting so that i'm part of soldat history

oh yeah and to stay on topic
don't leave elephant hunter! atleast hang out on irc!
cool

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 07:26:29 pm »
I'll admit that I don't know much about this topic, but I'm glad this sort of thing takes place, because it DOES strengthen the community in the long run...unless it kills it lol...

OH and we can't let the Elephant Population get too big now EH...we need you...I don't remember everr seeing you do anything I despised or couldn't respect so I think you should stay...but lol there is life outside of Soldat.......................just so you guys know.....do you? ;) just kidding
"I gotta live like Jacob more holy less hip, by his grace Sho Baraka gone spit the real, been doing that Reach life before I got the deal, called to make mini-me's till the day that I die, so on my tombstone say, "he didn't die he multiplied"!"                                                  - Sho Baraka

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 08:29:10 pm »
I'm not going to pretend to understand this, but it seems to me this could be sorted out. I just hope soldat still gets made.

*Edit*
After reading up on this somewhat, I could not stop laughing. The act itself was not the issue here, it was the coverup. It is so agonizingly hilarious that a small gaming community could mimic real events so perfectly I literally_could_not_stop_laughing. In conclusion, you all have made me lose even more faith in humanity. George Santayana was so right.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:19:15 pm by LtKillroy »
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 10:47:35 pm »
Can you all just stop it?
Sure some bad things happened.
enesce screwed up and people became sad from mm's post..
But this is the 3rd day you talk about.No one deserves such cruelty..
I respect both enesce and mm but i don't know why i even turned my back on enesce,maybe is was the right thing than and MM your post "did" hurt some people because all of us respect you..
Anyway if someone doesn't understand/like my post ...
Go to 4Chan...Maybe you will learn something from there...(This may sound retarded but try it,you wont regret it :) )
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:49:56 pm by pavliko »
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 11:30:08 pm »
My worst fears for this game might have come to pass. If so many of our most capable people are being thrown out or are resigning and even MM himself has forgotten this game, then how is Soldat going to last? Worst yet, there is no honesty around here.

The resignation would only be adding fuel to the fire.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 12:00:25 am by STM1993 »

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 11:48:28 pm »
"Soldat belongs to MM, not the community"

Soldat is only where it is today because of this community and if we go the game is worthless. Thus continues the lack of understanding by artists that once you create something it becomes the worlds.

I must agree with EnEsCe on this point (though his way of expressing it could have been better). The game is ultimately in MM's hands, whether we agree with him on its direction or not, and that's really how it should be. The right to make big decisions doesn't automatically leave the creator's hands just because the community happens to disagree with him, and at the end of the day MM's word will have it, as it must.

That being said, I am nonetheless very disappointed by the lack of concern that MM displayed in his recent post, and I really think that he ought to gauge the opinion of the community a bit more before making any final decisions on this matter. The general apathy that he's shown to the game and our community, coupled with the revelations made by EH, are a cause for concern, and I hope that he will reassess the whole situation before washing his hands of it.

While I understand the reasons that you're proffering your resignation, EH, I must say that losing you as part of the administrative team may only add insult to injury after this entire unfortunate dilemma. You're clearly a valuable member of our community, and remaining in a position of leverage may help to influence things the right way.

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 11:53:58 pm »
While I understand the reasons that you're proffering your resignation, EH, I must say that losing you as part of the administrative team may only add insult to injury after this entire unfortunate dilemma. You're clearly a valuable member of our community, and remaining in a position of leverage may help to influence things the right way.

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 02:07:47 am »
I'd be very sorry to see you go. :(

Hope we can still stay in contact somehow, and get a chess game going sometime.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2009, 03:20:52 am »
Elephant Hunter...don't get sucked in. You're giving in too easily bro. Maybe Soldat Forums should have a poll: "Who do you think should be currently developing Soldat?" Options: EnEsCe or Shoozza.

What you guys reckon?
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 03:35:27 am »
Aye!

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 03:50:33 am »
Elephant Hunter...don't get sucked in. You're giving in too easily bro. Maybe Soldat Forums should have a poll: "Who do you think should be currently developing Soldat?" Options: EnEsCe or Shoozza.

What you guys reckon?

we dont matter dude, only the game does oO
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 03:51:47 am »
It's too late. The decision has been made.
And NSC and MM are secret gay lovers.... Just a theory.

Offline Sauron

• Soldier
  • Call me "Uncle Sam"
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2009, 03:52:55 am »
Hard to decide who is bad and good in this clash of developers and high ranked SoldatForums members. Our common goal is very playable Soldat with no bugs and some new usefull futures. My opinion is that this problem is coming from one fact and it`s EnEsCe wanna be sole Soldat developer and what is maybe more primary than this he "hate" Shoozza.
I think that they are both good programmers and they can cooperative together and maybe with other persons too. The reason is more brains more ideas and solutions for soldat bugs and other stuff. Development can be speeded up very well and It`s what we want. I think that solutions are only two. First is that situation will be continue like now and still there will be intolerance between shoozza and enesce side. Second one is that they will together "sit to the one desk" and make some compromise. I am sure second way is better.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2009, 05:00:21 am »
zomg pubertyz

Player since late 2007

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2009, 05:40:45 am »
soldat was doomed a while ago, i'd say around 1.4.2, it has had it's best years

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2009, 07:02:18 am »
Where the hell was I when all this happened...?!?

But jeez...doesn't MM have other things to do other than Soldat? Seriously. He has a lot of other things going on in his life, like most of here.

Just a question: What's your estimate on how long Soldat lives on for?
Anyone play KOL?

Offline Devastated Mind

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2009, 07:10:16 am »
Until it stops being developed, be it in a good or a bad way.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2009, 07:14:31 am »
Do not jump on the bandwagon too quickly. Stay away from drama and gossip. That's the realm of women. As Men we should concentrate on Truth, Respect of one another and making good Work. Learn to separate those that work hard on creating something and those that just talk. EnEsCe is making a fine job with the new version, so if you really care about the game, wait for Soldat 1.5.1.

The TRUTH is that Shoozza has the source to Soldat. MM gave it to him.

Why didn't Michal mention this before? Because Michal doesn't trust Enesce to know. Enesce wants to be the sole developer, and won't have any other developers working on Soldat.

The TRUTH is, none of us trust Enesce.

FliesLikeABrick. MM. The people who put him where he is.

The TRUTH is, Enesce threatens other developers

jrgp last week. Shoozza. Probably more. Nice choice, MM. Viva la Soldat.

The TRUTH is, MM is legally required to open-source Soldat server

MM was legally bound to open-source Soldat server because he was compiling it with GPL Kylix. I brought this up to him, and he told me that he just hadn't got around to open-sourcing Soldat yet.

He quickly started using commercial Kylix and now he completely denies he ever said this. He lied to me and to everybody.

The TRUTH is, MM ignored the people who matter. And I am resigning.

Unless MM can make good on his promises, trust the people who matter, and BE A MAN. The people wanted swift action. They were yours, Michal, and you let them all down. It is my hope that you right your wrongs and show us that you care.

Lee, since you're one of the most important and most friendly guys in Soldat, I hope to hell your (temporary?) leave will piss off nsc and MM into letting shoozza contribute, at which point hopefully you'll be back.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2009, 07:20:13 am »

Don't disrespect MM - he (still) is our lord and master and made this all possible.
MM > Chuck Norris, Gsus, Pedobear, Michael J., Rambo, ...

(EnEsCe I don't care [pigtail])
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 07:36:04 am »
Things need to be straightened out between Shoozza and NSC and MM. Having NSC as the sole developer is what NSC wants, as he wants to take over soldat(just my opinion, influenced by certain knowledgeable people). If there are more then just one developer it will be easier for ideas to be tested and less work load for everyone in general.  Plus NSC can be kept in-check, and his coding skills still being used to there best to further enhance soldat.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2009, 09:03:15 am »
If we were really working towards a "better Soldat", then we have failed terribly. I don't see how a single developer doing everything would do better than a team developing together, and how it would a better Soldat would be possible if the community has lost trust in the developer for any reason. The question is, what can we really do now?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 09:06:57 am by STM1993 »

Offline poopdogg

• Camper
  • Graffiti 4 ever
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2009, 09:42:50 am »
i hope this issue will not ruin the game esp. in IRC

(Sorry if I am unintelligent, since the knowledge I have only comes from a school text book...)

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2009, 10:09:32 am »
"Why is it allways the assholes that pass the test"
 It's a quote from a movie

i hope this issue will not ruin the game esp. in IRC

well perhaps the developing should stop, why don't just go back to an old version where everything was fine.
Or maybe just focus on the main bugs and don't just add more.. IMO, just put some people (developers) that can lead the community and keep soldat running, don't keep some ego that will only ruin the game, something important here, It's still a game!

I do believe that there are too many people that want to affect the game these days, It feels like in the older days people cared more about playing. And then things where easier.

I didn't really think quite clearly but one thing I do know is that this bulls**t is just going to far, losing people who matters.. such as Elephant hunter

Although I have to say that in this case, I think demonic is pretty much right

This is a kids community, and the main whiz behind the scenes is a kid

And the kids opinions doesn't really matter, such as my opinion, people can write stuff here but I don't think their opinions will make things better :)

Maybe it's time to quit soldat once and for all, it's a nice timing.

Don't disrespect MM - he (still) is our lord and master and made this all possible.
MM > Chuck Norris, Gsus, Pedobear, Michael J., Rambo, ...

I don't disrespect MM either because he made the game! its not like he's a god lol. Because of his opinion concuring this stuff I think he has lost loads of respect, but not as a game developer.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:33:59 am by Biggles »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2009, 10:20:14 am »
Don't do that. It's the new begining.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2009, 11:37:33 am »
I sense Soldat going down.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2009, 11:38:47 am »
I sense Soldat going down.
This happens to every game every so often, usually time fixes it. It just (sorta) happened with DotA.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2009, 12:26:59 pm »
With this having happened soldat might have walked through a door that will never open up again to go back...MM has lost a lot of my respect that's for sure...All the time he kept going on about how much we matter to him, and how much the game matters to him, and how it's his life's work. If you're asking me, he shouldn't have tied himself up in so many projects all at once, I mean, Link Dead, Crimson Glory, R...When was the last time he decided to stick to one thing then finish up on the others? Come on...

And it's true, EnEsCe is pushing it too far and is getting either full of himself\selfish or egoistic...We NEED a team of dev's not one single coder on top of all of soldat. He CANNOT handle it all by himself, I wish I could just go back to 1.4.2...

Soldat reached it's peak and now it's starting to fall down the ladder...
b&

Offline MShinoda

• Major(1)
    • The Spectrum
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2009, 12:55:24 pm »
I would post my opinion but I doubt it matters...
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2009, 01:13:38 pm »
We NEED a team of dev's not one single coder on top of all of soldat. He CANNOT handle it all by himself, I wish I could just go back to 1.4.2...

He can. He's a fine and passionate coder. He just shouldn't have access to forum administration. Really, what did he do? Censor and insult people. Does this have anything to do with coding? No.

Btw: Imo everyone interested in the future of Soldat should let this discussion die rather quickly. I think that is what Shoozza tried to express in his post.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2009, 03:32:04 pm »
He can. He's a fine and passionate coder. He just shouldn't have access to forum administration. Really, what did he do? Censor and insult people. Does this have anything to do with coding? No.

He also may have intentionally manipulated the code to the developmental server binary to give his servers an unfair advantage over competitors, and if he did, it's entirely plausible to assume that he's capable of coding similar or even more destructive things into the game in the future, if he hasn't already. For me, this entire discussion is more about the coding aspect of the controversy rather than the fact that he deleted a thread and acted like a child. The latter alone simply entails a removal of moderation rights to the forum; the former necessitates something more.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2009, 04:04:17 pm »
Wow, I have been away from forums for some days and don't exactly understand what's happening.
BUT, Enesce was there to fill the gap when MM ''abandoned'' us. At first, I thought enesce was an asshole, but after some time I realised he was damn necessary. Do you even realised whan huge amout of job he has done?

I don't know the situation fully, but Enesce has earned MY full respect, So I'm backing him up!

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2009, 04:05:04 pm »
he has just proven he can't be trusted. He shouldn't have access to soldat source and furthermore, shouldn't develop it.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2009, 04:14:01 pm »
Man fuck you all, trust Enesce and wait for update. If there are specific things he has done wrong you should ofcorse tell him, but not this bullshit.
1.5.1 is gonna be bug fixes only, I think you are more frustrated about the situation of soldat, and blame Enesce for it.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2009, 04:16:10 pm »
have you even read about what he did?
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2009, 04:26:18 pm »
No, I just know he has done alot of good work on soldat. I can see there are some tings you are angry about, I just don't want you all to forget the good work, and try to resolve the matters in a good way, and not yell murder. He is not a demon
Is there some huge things outside this topic I don't know? Found it: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=35184.0;topicseen
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 04:30:16 pm by homerofgods »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2009, 04:37:19 pm »
i also think he did some good job on soldat, but still it is not safe to have him work on it. First comparision that got in my mind to make it for you easier to understand (im not saying this is entirely accurate though...): Mafia can be very effective but still shouldn't rule the city.

No, I just know he has done alot of good work on soldat. I can see there are some tings you are angry about, I just don't want you all to forget the good work, and try to resolve the matters in a good way, and not yell murder. He is not a demon
Is there some huge things outside this topic I don't know? Found it: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=35184.0;topicseen

Did you at least the OP's post? You dumb f**k...This isn't about EnEsCe's work on soldat it's about a problem between him and shoozza you waste...READ THE EFING TOPICS BEFORE YOU POST.

its about few problems tbh... The ones that got my attention were the fake ping fraud issue and the way he tried to deal with that
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 04:39:40 pm by Mittsu »
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2009, 04:40:09 pm »
xurich, I do trust EnEsCe and the statement of MM that this was added for debug purposes ages ago (Hell, I think it even was me who reported this laser bullet trail bug on the beta forums back then)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 04:41:51 pm by Avarax »
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2009, 04:41:49 pm »
xurich, I do trust EnEsCe and the statement of MM that this was added for debug purposes ages ago (Hell, I think it even was me who reported this bug on the beta forums back then)

no one denied that it was added for debug purposes, the problem is Enesce used it for his services being arrogant enough to even advertise it's consequences...
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2009, 05:55:41 pm »
Because he didnt even knew that that line even existed.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2009, 06:05:34 pm »
After all they've done, I can't believe NSC would even want to work on Soldat alone.

Unless something that I really want, like moving polys, or destructible polys gets implemented, I don't think I'll ever update again.

At first I wanted him gone, then I realized we kinda need him (with a full team), but now his continuing with his little power trip, and still doesn't give a sh!t what anyone else thinks, I just want him to f#&k off once and for all.

His going to destroy Soldat, whether you like it or not.

Offline Alucard

• Major(1)
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2009, 06:14:25 pm »
Mittsu, you don't know if EnEsCe purposely "forgot" the line of code. Only EnEsCe does.

BTW: enesce.com: "Low pings all over the world"
Selfkill.com: "lowest ping around the world"
Clanplanet.co.uk: "Low ping, lag free gaming servers!"
U13.net: "pings under 50 for most people on the US East coast"

Why would a good server host (eC seems fine to me) not advertise it's qualities?

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2009, 06:19:04 pm »
I don't think it's really about that anymore.
Everyone wants a bigger dev team. Except NSC, and probably MM.

Nothing bad could come from it. Well, nothing worse then what NSC done.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2009, 06:22:32 pm »
Mittsu, you don't know if EnEsCe purposely "forgot" the line of code. Only EnEsCe does.

i dont know, but im pretty sure he didn't. As long as he's not a psycho with messed up way of acting, everything leads to such conclusion. Either way he doesn't seem very reliable.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2009, 06:31:53 pm »
Look on the f*cking bright side, people.

Not many people get to say, "Hey man, I play a game called soldat, where one of the devs is a maniac planning to take over the game."

Yeah man, that's soldat.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2009, 07:53:42 pm »

Not many people get to say, "Hey man, I play a game called soldat, where one of the devs is a maniac planning to take over the game."

Yeah man, that's soldat.
Hahaha... you could turn that into a banner or some shit.

"Dude, Soldat's so awesome, we've got people fighting to be the developer!"
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2009, 10:21:09 pm »
Hahahaha man.

Good sh*t.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2009, 10:28:27 pm »

Yeah man, that's soldat.
Hahaha... you could turn that into a banner or some shit.

We shall rename "Rambomatch" to "Developermatch"!

Disclaimer: This image is not intended to offend anyone, only for entertainment and as an idea on what a game mode of people fighting for a position would be like. Take it down if it hurts anyone.

EDIT:
Forgot to say this, but while some of the characters are made to resemble certain people, others are not. The developer in the middle of the picture, the blue man with a chainsaw (is just a bot called Boogie Man), the guy being zapped - these guys are NOT made to resemble any real people, it's entirely coincidental if they are.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:11:22 am by STM1993 »

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2009, 03:35:44 am »
Haha! You draw that...nice skillz lol.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2009, 08:42:55 am »

That describes the situation quite well.
Nice drawing.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2009, 11:00:27 am »
Where can I get this mod?
also, Any comment from Enesce soon?

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2009, 01:08:15 pm »
I feel like an old man waiting around helplessly as all of his veteran buddies get picked off by cancer. All I can do is sit around and remember the good ol' days.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2009, 01:44:21 pm »
The whole EnEsCe thing for me was just another Soldat related drama but this thread is a punch to the face... EH, I really hope you aren't serious about leaving, because already too much damage has been done to the community and this just won't  help. :-\

Soldat isn't going to die anytime soon, I'm sure of it. We just need to sort some things out...
Text goes here...

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2009, 02:33:54 pm »
Because he didnt even knew that that line even existed.

From http://pastebin.com/f7fd0f04a

Session Start: Thu Feb 12 22:25:32 2009
[...]
<Beanjo> i wonder if he uses that different version of soldat server on his US servers to make europants seem like they have lower ping :x
<mafioza> probably
[...]
<Beanjo> :S
<Beanjo> what kind of business practice is making it seem like you have a lower ping than you actually do
<Beanjo> unethical, that's what!
[...]
<mafioza> people complaint that servers are not showing real ping
<EnEsCe> the problems never end on this server do they
<mafioza> they think you did something to the soldatserver file
<EnEsCe> pings are clientside, not serverside
<mafioza> alright
<mafioza> just saying what i heard
<EnEsCe> who said that?
<mafioza> some random people
[...]
<mafioza> i did test it tho
<mafioza> i ran a server straight from ssh
<mafioza> my ping was 100
<mafioza> from php commander
<mafioza> 50
<EnEsCe> yep
<EnEsCe> soldatmonitor?
<mafioza> what about it
<EnEsCe> I mean were you running with soldatmonitor
<mafioza> no
<mafioza> just regular
<EnEsCe> mk
[...]
<Beanjo> i see enesce is using the same host with the same fake ping servers :]]]]]
<mafioza> yeap
<mafioza> :D
[...]
<Beanjo> have you tried running a server with it?
<mafioza> yea
<mafioza> it worked
<Beanjo> was the ping lower?
<mafioza> yes

Remember, I'm just quoting, nothing else.

According to the whole mess, I can say for myself that I do believe EnEsCe's statement that the line was added just for debugging long time ago. But I think it's a pity that he didn't recognize the impact earlier.
According to his deleting and banning: forget about it, he raged out, that's all...

Ultimately I stand behind Avarax' and Shoozza's statements.

And listen to the chorus of this song...

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2009, 03:26:57 pm »
Because I don't know the whole story, I'm going to stand on somewhat neutral ground here: This is my 2 cents. EH, don't resign over something so petty. We like you. You're needed here.

First of all, whether or not NSC is throwing a tantrum and not sharing the development, he has contributed a lot. A lot of his time went into further developing Soldat. According to him, he's also spent a good chunk of money, without seeing a dime returned. I respect NSC for this and am very thankful that he took on a lot of work. What I personally don't respect and what I think the community shouldn't respect either, is those that play the game for free and continually demand updates and bug fixes, then have the gall to try to add fire to the flames when there is an issue. Why the fuck are you still playing the game if you hate NSC so much? Why don't you play a previous version then from before he took over the project? Why do so many have to crap all over him?

Second, if NSC has a grievance with Shoozza concerning the source code and development, that's between NSC, Shoozza and MM to sort out and settle. Perhaps it's simply a case of NSC not being ready to start sharing, since there might be a lot to sort out and explain concerning the code. From what I remember, the code was very messy and so bugfixing is slow and frustrating. Of course, I know very little of this and have not been involved (nor should I be). If it's just a case where he should smarten up, then so be it... he should smarten up. However, from looking at how much he's contributed so far and trying to improve Soldat, I'd say that's pretty respectable. Of course we the players decide whether we play the new version or not, but you know, we do have a choice. I'm sure there are several ways to get the old versions up and popular again.

Even if EnEsCe is making a mistake or two, I'm still defending him for all his hard work. Nobody's perfect. I think if I was in his shoes and suddenly expected to share what I put thousands of hours into, I might be hesitant doing so right away as well. I'm also going to point out that he's released 3 fucking betas for the community to test and help fix bugs and barely anyone contributed. No one I've seen has taken that into account. However a lot have contributed in the bitching and whining department, when 1.5.0 had new bugs. Then, everyone could contribute all of a sudden... with anger, whining, bitching, flaming, etc.

Lastly, where the hell has the fun gone? How did this all get so serious? It's a game! Enjoy it! As I said, we have several, several versions available. If the devs are having squabbles and development halts for a while. Oh well, we still have something to play for a while. I'd hate to think how it's going to be when the first versions of Link-Dead are out.

Grow up. Chill out. Have fun. (Elephant Hunter, you are the starter of this thread, but my rant is not aimed at you in anyway, I just think it's silly to go to the extreme of resigning and leaving. We can only expect so much from the creators and those who continue working on a project. Both Michal and Enesce, even if you have lost faith, have for years contributed, fixed bugs, attempted to fix bugs and released updates... pretty much for a free game. I could count until the end of my days, how many developers out there, release one or two versions of their game, charge a shwack of money for it, it's a piece of crap and they couldn't care less about those who played their pieces of shit.)
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2009, 03:42:26 pm »
According to his deleting and banning: forget about it, he raged out, that's all...

WHY did he rage out? There hasn't been an acceptable excuse for his raging. There was no reason for him to act in a "blind rage."

Even if EnEsCe is making a mistake or two, I'm still defending him for all his hard work. Nobody's perfect. I think if I was in his shoes and suddenly expected to share what I put thousands of hours into, I might be hesitant doing so right away as well. I'm also going to point out that he's released 3 f**king betas for the community to test and help fix bugs and barely anyone contributed. No one I've seen has taken that into account. However a lot have contributed in the b***hing and whining department, when 1.5.0 had new bugs. Then, everyone could contribute all of a sudden... with anger, whining, b***hing, flaming, etc.

You obviously haven't read the many posts explaining why the Beta failed. Not only did people not contribute, but the Beta was also poorly executed.

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2009, 06:11:49 pm »
How was the beta poorly executed? Was there a better way? People were kicking and screaming to get even a shred of the next version. A beta came out, there were some servers up, and a forum to post bugs in. For those who couldn't join a beta server online still had the opportunity to play offline with some bots. Surely more than half of the bugs occur regardless of connection.

I swear, if the beta had been tested in such a way that say on every weekend between such and such time, reliable servers would be up, and the developers would be there on hand in real time to take bug reports, most would still have continued playing 1.4.2 rather anyway.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2009, 06:32:37 pm »
I feel like an old man waiting around helplessly as all of his veteran buddies get picked off by cancer. All I can do is sit around and remember the good ol' days.

Storms rollin' in, I can feel it in my hip.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2009, 06:47:23 pm »
yeah. remember when we used to photoshop pictures of enesce because he was the hacker scourge of so-

oh wait, not helping, am I.

(btw that's totally irrelevant right now, but THOSE where the good ol' days indeed.)

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2009, 07:10:00 pm »
WHY did he rage out? There hasn't been an acceptable excuse for his raging. There was no reason for him to act in a "blind rage."
WHY do you have to know? Is it really THAT important?!? Those evidences won't lead nowhere...
And what do you actually expect from him? Which answer would satisfy you, huh? Which would not lead to your final demand for resignation or changing devs?
I mean, how could he convince us that he just raged out...for no reason? HOW?
You won't believe him anyway, because you made yourself an opinion...
Playing "Sherlock Holmes" is fun, right? :|

Just don't give him admin-rights anymore, that's it. Why does he need them anyway - he should code, not play mod/admin...

@Snow: Great post. :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:11:55 pm by Illuminatus »

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2009, 08:39:06 pm »
I want to know why he raged because, in my mind, his raging for absolutely no reason tips my decision in favor of him having intentionally cheated his customers. I think it does so for a few other people, as well. I honestly can't see why he would rage like that unless he is guilty of what he's been accused of. If he can provide a legitimate excuse as to why he raged, that may change my opinion. Am I not allowed to seek answers anymore?

@Snow: Instead of rehashing an argument that's already been had, maybe read page eight of the Ok so... thread, as well as any other BETA threads, to see the BETA discussion.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:45:26 pm by Shinobars »

Offline Atticus

• Major
  • Always outnumbered, but never outgunned.
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2009, 01:09:41 am »
The storm is coming...
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2009, 03:28:40 am »
If he can provide a legitimate excuse as to why he raged, that may change my opinion. Am I not allowed to seek answers anymore?
He has provided a reason as to why he did that (although it does not excuse his actions from being bad).
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2009, 03:28:51 am »
It already came, now we are looking at it's consequences...
Text goes here...

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2009, 03:46:46 am »

your post is irrelevant to the situation. People aren't dissapointed because Enesce did a poor job in coding or anything like that. People are dissapointed because he's proven he can't be trustworthy. Such position requires reliability, he doesn't have it at all. He shouldn't be at this position.

I have a solution though. He still could be a coder, but he wouldn't lead the project anymore. Someone else would be responsible for it, surrounded by group of great coders working together.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:48:34 am by Mittsu »
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2009, 06:16:02 am »
yeah. remember when we used to photoshop pictures of enesce because he was the hacker scourge of so-

(btw that's totally irrelevant right now, but THOSE where the good ol' days indeed.)

Let's see them. Now seems like a more appropriate time than ever.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2009, 07:14:24 am »

Let's see them. Now seems like a more appropriate time than ever.
NSC released a hack for 1.3. Coyote released his a week later, which then kicked NSC's hacks ass apparently.

Yeah man, that's soldat.
Hahaha... you could turn that into a banner or some s**t.

We shall rename "Rambomatch" to "Developermatch"!

Disclaimer: This image is not intended to offend anyone, only for entertainment and as an idea on what a game mode of people fighting for a position would be like. Take it down if it hurts anyone.

EDIT:
Forgot to say this, but while some of the characters are made to resemble certain people, others are not. The developer in the middle of the picture, the blue man with a chainsaw (is just a bot called Boogie Man), the guy being zapped - these guys are NOT made to resemble any real people, it's entirely coincidental if they are.

That green guy looks kinda like me....but then again I dont use deagles lol.

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2009, 12:30:07 pm »
From Snow's comment on Enesce's Blog:

Quote from: snow
I had a nice post written up but comment submission got screwed up and it all got delorted.

Anyway. I also would like to say Enesce, I appreciate all the hard work you’ve put into Soldat. Also, please don’t ever ever conider again to resign, just because a bunch of pissy demanding NON-REGISTERED NON-PAYING, PLAYING SOLDAT FOR FREE noobs get angry at you. Let them b***h till they’re blue in the face and die from b***hing. They know not and cannot appreciate your dedication.

Enesce is a dedicated developer. I agree; he's done more than anybody else to help Soldat. Nobody is denying that. I'm glad that Soldat has server scripting and a dozen other awesome features. It's actually pretty cool compared to the old days.

It's just, well... I'm tired of waiting for Soldat to open up GPL-style. Maybe I've been working this entire time under the impression that open-source was MM's end goal for Soldat, and barking up the wrong tree. Maybe I need to take a different route. What's that famous line? "If you want something done right, do it yourself."

And I'll have you know that I registered Soldat twice :P
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2009, 01:38:08 pm »
Well, again, as you know, you were never the target of my rants or comments. I do relate to how you feel about waiting for Soldat to open up, but as Enesce once said, the code is still so messy that fixing one bug usually causes another bug to pop up. So even as much as Enesce has been improving and adding to the code, it may still be such a large mess that would take a good while to explain to new developers and then organize a plan and organize everyone to be able to work on the source and continually test new revisions.

Though, that is as much as I know. As in terms of who feels what about who and what, it's not my business. I just get upset with a good chunk of the community who decide to crap on NSC and either do not know what he has contributed so far or do not care. As in terms of personal decisions on behalf of NSC, chat with him some more. Try and get a "round table" going on the future of Soldat development with him, Shoozza, MM and whoever else. I cannot see that not being possible.

Anyhow that's as much as I can say.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2009, 01:42:51 pm »
You said exactly what I feel about the case Snow.
ah man, how awsum would it be if MM returned and rewrote soldat :P
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:07:33 pm by homerofgods »

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2009, 02:34:14 pm »
If he can provide a legitimate excuse as to why he raged, that may change my opinion. Am I not allowed to seek answers anymore?
He has provided a reason as to why he did that (although it does not excuse his actions from being bad).

Show me? I haven't seen it, and I think I'm up to date on the NSC threads.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2009, 05:38:11 pm »

Explain...Cause I lost you at "rewrote"...
b&

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2009, 05:49:23 pm »
To start writing the code (game) again from the beginning.
Or homer meant something else?
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2009, 05:50:55 pm »
yea but still, what does it have to do with anything here  :P
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2009, 05:55:48 pm »

demoniac93 is just out to get me. If you don't understand the word use a dictionary: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rewrote
Yes I mean the code (game). 
If he had written soldat again he would have done it in a much better way and we would have a much better game, and less bugs. It's theoretically possible for him to do it, but he won't be like writing a whole new game, since it's so messy that he can't just fix some small parts of it.

@topic:
There is a lot of frustration because of long time between updates, bugs, and the situation as a whole. It sounds like you want a revolution and replace Enesce with someone else or something, but I think doing something like that is much more likely to kill soldat. I'd say we just have to put up with Enesce's careface and be patient. Good that you bring up important issues as this though, they must be resolved to keep the trust up between developers and players.
When 1.5.1 comes we will probably be saved for a while.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 06:06:16 pm by homerofgods »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2009, 06:07:53 pm »

demoniac93 is just out to get me. If you don't understand the word use a dictionary: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rewrote
Yes I mean the code (game). 
If he had written soldat again he would have done it in a much better way and we would have a much better game, and less bugs. It's theoretically possible for him to do it, but he won't be like writing a whole new game, since it's so messy that he can't just fix some small parts of it.
@topic:
There is a lot of frustration because of long time between updates, bugs, and the situation as a whole. It sounds like you want a revolution and replace Enesce with someone else or something, but I think doing something like that is much more likely to kill soldat. I'd say we just have to put up with Enesce's careface and be patient. Good that you bring up important issues as this though, they must be resolved to keep the trust up between developers and players.
When 1.5.1 comes we will probably be saved for a while.

so you think this situation is caused by bugs in soldat ? This is pure ignorance...
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2009, 06:39:40 pm »

demoniac93 is just out to get me....

I know what the word means, it's called sarcasm, boy.
And he wouldn't rewrite it all from scratch cause he'd never find the time for that, not now that he's sunk in Link Dead anyways...
b&

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2009, 04:01:31 am »
Amen to that.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2009, 01:14:07 am »
This topic has just about reached the beginning of it's uselessness.

And if EH was really "resigning," he would have already.

edit: eC should burn in cyber hell for the crimes he has committed.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 01:43:09 am by jrgp »

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2009, 02:04:05 pm »
Maybe I thought somebody else would man up and do it. Anyway, I've taken the step of changing my status to "Retired Administrator".
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2009, 05:39:00 pm »
I hope you're simply retiring rather than leaving us indefinitely. You are one of the few members of this forum for which I have an immense amount of respect.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2009, 08:42:09 pm »
Ffs, you kidding me lee? Anyway, good luck on the other side. I hope you continue contributing to soldat official stuff. I hate to see you leave too.