Author Topic: The Last Straw, and my Resignation  (Read 20031 times)

Offline Godefroy

• Major
Re: The Last Straw, and my Resignation
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 11:53:58 pm »
While I understand the reasons that you're proffering your resignation, EH, I must say that losing you as part of the administrative team may only add insult to injury after this entire unfortunate dilemma. You're clearly a valuable member of our community, and remaining in a position of leverage may help to influence things the right way.

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 02:07:47 am »
I'd be very sorry to see you go. :(

Hope we can still stay in contact somehow, and get a chess game going sometime.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2009, 03:20:52 am »
Elephant Hunter...don't get sucked in. You're giving in too easily bro. Maybe Soldat Forums should have a poll: "Who do you think should be currently developing Soldat?" Options: EnEsCe or Shoozza.

What you guys reckon?
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 03:35:27 am »
Aye!

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 03:50:33 am »
Elephant Hunter...don't get sucked in. You're giving in too easily bro. Maybe Soldat Forums should have a poll: "Who do you think should be currently developing Soldat?" Options: EnEsCe or Shoozza.

What you guys reckon?

we dont matter dude, only the game does oO
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 03:51:47 am »
It's too late. The decision has been made.
And NSC and MM are secret gay lovers.... Just a theory.

Offline Sauron

• Soldier
  • Call me "Uncle Sam"
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2009, 03:52:55 am »
Hard to decide who is bad and good in this clash of developers and high ranked SoldatForums members. Our common goal is very playable Soldat with no bugs and some new usefull futures. My opinion is that this problem is coming from one fact and it`s EnEsCe wanna be sole Soldat developer and what is maybe more primary than this he "hate" Shoozza.
I think that they are both good programmers and they can cooperative together and maybe with other persons too. The reason is more brains more ideas and solutions for soldat bugs and other stuff. Development can be speeded up very well and It`s what we want. I think that solutions are only two. First is that situation will be continue like now and still there will be intolerance between shoozza and enesce side. Second one is that they will together "sit to the one desk" and make some compromise. I am sure second way is better.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2009, 05:00:21 am »
zomg pubertyz

Player since late 2007

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2009, 05:40:45 am »
soldat was doomed a while ago, i'd say around 1.4.2, it has had it's best years

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2009, 07:02:18 am »
Where the hell was I when all this happened...?!?

But jeez...doesn't MM have other things to do other than Soldat? Seriously. He has a lot of other things going on in his life, like most of here.

Just a question: What's your estimate on how long Soldat lives on for?
Anyone play KOL?

Offline Devastated Mind

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2009, 07:10:16 am »
Until it stops being developed, be it in a good or a bad way.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2009, 07:14:31 am »
Do not jump on the bandwagon too quickly. Stay away from drama and gossip. That's the realm of women. As Men we should concentrate on Truth, Respect of one another and making good Work. Learn to separate those that work hard on creating something and those that just talk. EnEsCe is making a fine job with the new version, so if you really care about the game, wait for Soldat 1.5.1.

The TRUTH is that Shoozza has the source to Soldat. MM gave it to him.

Why didn't Michal mention this before? Because Michal doesn't trust Enesce to know. Enesce wants to be the sole developer, and won't have any other developers working on Soldat.

The TRUTH is, none of us trust Enesce.

FliesLikeABrick. MM. The people who put him where he is.

The TRUTH is, Enesce threatens other developers

jrgp last week. Shoozza. Probably more. Nice choice, MM. Viva la Soldat.

The TRUTH is, MM is legally required to open-source Soldat server

MM was legally bound to open-source Soldat server because he was compiling it with GPL Kylix. I brought this up to him, and he told me that he just hadn't got around to open-sourcing Soldat yet.

He quickly started using commercial Kylix and now he completely denies he ever said this. He lied to me and to everybody.

The TRUTH is, MM ignored the people who matter. And I am resigning.

Unless MM can make good on his promises, trust the people who matter, and BE A MAN. The people wanted swift action. They were yours, Michal, and you let them all down. It is my hope that you right your wrongs and show us that you care.

Lee, since you're one of the most important and most friendly guys in Soldat, I hope to hell your (temporary?) leave will piss off nsc and MM into letting shoozza contribute, at which point hopefully you'll be back.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2009, 07:20:13 am »

Don't disrespect MM - he (still) is our lord and master and made this all possible.
MM > Chuck Norris, Gsus, Pedobear, Michael J., Rambo, ...

(EnEsCe I don't care [pigtail])
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 07:36:04 am »
Things need to be straightened out between Shoozza and NSC and MM. Having NSC as the sole developer is what NSC wants, as he wants to take over soldat(just my opinion, influenced by certain knowledgeable people). If there are more then just one developer it will be easier for ideas to be tested and less work load for everyone in general.  Plus NSC can be kept in-check, and his coding skills still being used to there best to further enhance soldat.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2009, 09:03:15 am »
If we were really working towards a "better Soldat", then we have failed terribly. I don't see how a single developer doing everything would do better than a team developing together, and how it would a better Soldat would be possible if the community has lost trust in the developer for any reason. The question is, what can we really do now?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 09:06:57 am by STM1993 »

Offline poopdogg

• Camper
  • Graffiti 4 ever
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2009, 09:42:50 am »
i hope this issue will not ruin the game esp. in IRC

(Sorry if I am unintelligent, since the knowledge I have only comes from a school text book...)

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2009, 10:09:32 am »
"Why is it allways the assholes that pass the test"
 It's a quote from a movie

i hope this issue will not ruin the game esp. in IRC

well perhaps the developing should stop, why don't just go back to an old version where everything was fine.
Or maybe just focus on the main bugs and don't just add more.. IMO, just put some people (developers) that can lead the community and keep soldat running, don't keep some ego that will only ruin the game, something important here, It's still a game!

I do believe that there are too many people that want to affect the game these days, It feels like in the older days people cared more about playing. And then things where easier.

I didn't really think quite clearly but one thing I do know is that this bulls**t is just going to far, losing people who matters.. such as Elephant hunter

Although I have to say that in this case, I think demonic is pretty much right

This is a kids community, and the main whiz behind the scenes is a kid

And the kids opinions doesn't really matter, such as my opinion, people can write stuff here but I don't think their opinions will make things better :)

Maybe it's time to quit soldat once and for all, it's a nice timing.

Don't disrespect MM - he (still) is our lord and master and made this all possible.
MM > Chuck Norris, Gsus, Pedobear, Michael J., Rambo, ...

I don't disrespect MM either because he made the game! its not like he's a god lol. Because of his opinion concuring this stuff I think he has lost loads of respect, but not as a game developer.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:33:59 am by Biggles »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2009, 10:20:14 am »
Don't do that. It's the new begining.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2009, 11:37:33 am »
I sense Soldat going down.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2009, 11:38:47 am »
I sense Soldat going down.
This happens to every game every so often, usually time fixes it. It just (sorta) happened with DotA.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace