Author Topic: The Last Straw, and my Resignation  (Read 20169 times)

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
Re: The Last Straw, and my Resignation
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2009, 12:26:59 pm »
With this having happened soldat might have walked through a door that will never open up again to go back...MM has lost a lot of my respect that's for sure...All the time he kept going on about how much we matter to him, and how much the game matters to him, and how it's his life's work. If you're asking me, he shouldn't have tied himself up in so many projects all at once, I mean, Link Dead, Crimson Glory, R...When was the last time he decided to stick to one thing then finish up on the others? Come on...

And it's true, EnEsCe is pushing it too far and is getting either full of himself\selfish or egoistic...We NEED a team of dev's not one single coder on top of all of soldat. He CANNOT handle it all by himself, I wish I could just go back to 1.4.2...

Soldat reached it's peak and now it's starting to fall down the ladder...
b&

Offline MShinoda

• Major(1)
    • The Spectrum
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2009, 12:55:24 pm »
I would post my opinion but I doubt it matters...
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2009, 01:13:38 pm »
We NEED a team of dev's not one single coder on top of all of soldat. He CANNOT handle it all by himself, I wish I could just go back to 1.4.2...

He can. He's a fine and passionate coder. He just shouldn't have access to forum administration. Really, what did he do? Censor and insult people. Does this have anything to do with coding? No.

Btw: Imo everyone interested in the future of Soldat should let this discussion die rather quickly. I think that is what Shoozza tried to express in his post.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2009, 03:32:04 pm »
He can. He's a fine and passionate coder. He just shouldn't have access to forum administration. Really, what did he do? Censor and insult people. Does this have anything to do with coding? No.

He also may have intentionally manipulated the code to the developmental server binary to give his servers an unfair advantage over competitors, and if he did, it's entirely plausible to assume that he's capable of coding similar or even more destructive things into the game in the future, if he hasn't already. For me, this entire discussion is more about the coding aspect of the controversy rather than the fact that he deleted a thread and acted like a child. The latter alone simply entails a removal of moderation rights to the forum; the former necessitates something more.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2009, 04:04:17 pm »
Wow, I have been away from forums for some days and don't exactly understand what's happening.
BUT, Enesce was there to fill the gap when MM ''abandoned'' us. At first, I thought enesce was an asshole, but after some time I realised he was damn necessary. Do you even realised whan huge amout of job he has done?

I don't know the situation fully, but Enesce has earned MY full respect, So I'm backing him up!

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2009, 04:05:04 pm »
he has just proven he can't be trusted. He shouldn't have access to soldat source and furthermore, shouldn't develop it.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2009, 04:14:01 pm »
Man fuck you all, trust Enesce and wait for update. If there are specific things he has done wrong you should ofcorse tell him, but not this bullshit.
1.5.1 is gonna be bug fixes only, I think you are more frustrated about the situation of soldat, and blame Enesce for it.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2009, 04:16:10 pm »
have you even read about what he did?
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2009, 04:26:18 pm »
No, I just know he has done alot of good work on soldat. I can see there are some tings you are angry about, I just don't want you all to forget the good work, and try to resolve the matters in a good way, and not yell murder. He is not a demon
Is there some huge things outside this topic I don't know? Found it: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=35184.0;topicseen
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 04:30:16 pm by homerofgods »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2009, 04:37:19 pm »
i also think he did some good job on soldat, but still it is not safe to have him work on it. First comparision that got in my mind to make it for you easier to understand (im not saying this is entirely accurate though...): Mafia can be very effective but still shouldn't rule the city.

No, I just know he has done alot of good work on soldat. I can see there are some tings you are angry about, I just don't want you all to forget the good work, and try to resolve the matters in a good way, and not yell murder. He is not a demon
Is there some huge things outside this topic I don't know? Found it: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=35184.0;topicseen

Did you at least the OP's post? You dumb f**k...This isn't about EnEsCe's work on soldat it's about a problem between him and shoozza you waste...READ THE EFING TOPICS BEFORE YOU POST.

its about few problems tbh... The ones that got my attention were the fake ping fraud issue and the way he tried to deal with that
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 04:39:40 pm by Mittsu »
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2009, 04:40:09 pm »
xurich, I do trust EnEsCe and the statement of MM that this was added for debug purposes ages ago (Hell, I think it even was me who reported this laser bullet trail bug on the beta forums back then)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 04:41:51 pm by Avarax »
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2009, 04:41:49 pm »
xurich, I do trust EnEsCe and the statement of MM that this was added for debug purposes ages ago (Hell, I think it even was me who reported this bug on the beta forums back then)

no one denied that it was added for debug purposes, the problem is Enesce used it for his services being arrogant enough to even advertise it's consequences...
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2009, 05:55:41 pm »
Because he didnt even knew that that line even existed.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2009, 06:05:34 pm »
After all they've done, I can't believe NSC would even want to work on Soldat alone.

Unless something that I really want, like moving polys, or destructible polys gets implemented, I don't think I'll ever update again.

At first I wanted him gone, then I realized we kinda need him (with a full team), but now his continuing with his little power trip, and still doesn't give a sh!t what anyone else thinks, I just want him to f#&k off once and for all.

His going to destroy Soldat, whether you like it or not.

Offline Alucard

• Major(1)
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2009, 06:14:25 pm »
Mittsu, you don't know if EnEsCe purposely "forgot" the line of code. Only EnEsCe does.

BTW: enesce.com: "Low pings all over the world"
Selfkill.com: "lowest ping around the world"
Clanplanet.co.uk: "Low ping, lag free gaming servers!"
U13.net: "pings under 50 for most people on the US East coast"

Why would a good server host (eC seems fine to me) not advertise it's qualities?

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2009, 06:19:04 pm »
I don't think it's really about that anymore.
Everyone wants a bigger dev team. Except NSC, and probably MM.

Nothing bad could come from it. Well, nothing worse then what NSC done.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2009, 06:22:32 pm »
Mittsu, you don't know if EnEsCe purposely "forgot" the line of code. Only EnEsCe does.

i dont know, but im pretty sure he didn't. As long as he's not a psycho with messed up way of acting, everything leads to such conclusion. Either way he doesn't seem very reliable.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2009, 06:31:53 pm »
Look on the f*cking bright side, people.

Not many people get to say, "Hey man, I play a game called soldat, where one of the devs is a maniac planning to take over the game."

Yeah man, that's soldat.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2009, 07:53:42 pm »
Look on the f*cking bright side, people.

Not many people get to say, "Hey man, I play a game called soldat, where one of the devs is a maniac planning to take over the game."

Yeah man, that's soldat.
Hahaha... you could turn that into a banner or some shit.

"Dude, Soldat's so awesome, we've got people fighting to be the developer!"
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2009, 10:21:09 pm »
Hahahaha man.

Good sh*t.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.