Author Topic: The Last Straw, and my Resignation  (Read 20181 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: The Last Straw, and my Resignation
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2009, 10:28:27 pm »
Look on the f*cking bright side, people.

Not many people get to say, "Hey man, I play a game called soldat, where one of the devs is a maniac planning to take over the game."

Yeah man, that's soldat.
Hahaha... you could turn that into a banner or some shit.

"Dude, Soldat's so awesome, we've got people fighting to be the developer!"

We shall rename "Rambomatch" to "Developermatch"!

Disclaimer: This image is not intended to offend anyone, only for entertainment and as an idea on what a game mode of people fighting for a position would be like. Take it down if it hurts anyone.

EDIT:
Forgot to say this, but while some of the characters are made to resemble certain people, others are not. The developer in the middle of the picture, the blue man with a chainsaw (is just a bot called Boogie Man), the guy being zapped - these guys are NOT made to resemble any real people, it's entirely coincidental if they are.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:11:22 am by STM1993 »

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2009, 03:35:44 am »
Haha! You draw that...nice skillz lol.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2009, 08:42:55 am »

That describes the situation quite well.
Nice drawing.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2009, 11:00:27 am »
Where can I get this mod?
also, Any comment from Enesce soon?

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2009, 01:08:15 pm »
I feel like an old man waiting around helplessly as all of his veteran buddies get picked off by cancer. All I can do is sit around and remember the good ol' days.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2009, 01:44:21 pm »
The whole EnEsCe thing for me was just another Soldat related drama but this thread is a punch to the face... EH, I really hope you aren't serious about leaving, because already too much damage has been done to the community and this just won't  help. :-\

Soldat isn't going to die anytime soon, I'm sure of it. We just need to sort some things out...
Text goes here...

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2009, 02:33:54 pm »
Because he didnt even knew that that line even existed.

From http://pastebin.com/f7fd0f04a

Session Start: Thu Feb 12 22:25:32 2009
[...]
<Beanjo> i wonder if he uses that different version of soldat server on his US servers to make europants seem like they have lower ping :x
<mafioza> probably
[...]
<Beanjo> :S
<Beanjo> what kind of business practice is making it seem like you have a lower ping than you actually do
<Beanjo> unethical, that's what!
[...]
<mafioza> people complaint that servers are not showing real ping
<EnEsCe> the problems never end on this server do they
<mafioza> they think you did something to the soldatserver file
<EnEsCe> pings are clientside, not serverside
<mafioza> alright
<mafioza> just saying what i heard
<EnEsCe> who said that?
<mafioza> some random people
[...]
<mafioza> i did test it tho
<mafioza> i ran a server straight from ssh
<mafioza> my ping was 100
<mafioza> from php commander
<mafioza> 50
<EnEsCe> yep
<EnEsCe> soldatmonitor?
<mafioza> what about it
<EnEsCe> I mean were you running with soldatmonitor
<mafioza> no
<mafioza> just regular
<EnEsCe> mk
[...]
<Beanjo> i see enesce is using the same host with the same fake ping servers :]]]]]
<mafioza> yeap
<mafioza> :D
[...]
<Beanjo> have you tried running a server with it?
<mafioza> yea
<mafioza> it worked
<Beanjo> was the ping lower?
<mafioza> yes

Remember, I'm just quoting, nothing else.

According to the whole mess, I can say for myself that I do believe EnEsCe's statement that the line was added just for debugging long time ago. But I think it's a pity that he didn't recognize the impact earlier.
According to his deleting and banning: forget about it, he raged out, that's all...

Ultimately I stand behind Avarax' and Shoozza's statements.

And listen to the chorus of this song...
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2009, 03:26:57 pm »
Because I don't know the whole story, I'm going to stand on somewhat neutral ground here: This is my 2 cents. EH, don't resign over something so petty. We like you. You're needed here.

First of all, whether or not NSC is throwing a tantrum and not sharing the development, he has contributed a lot. A lot of his time went into further developing Soldat. According to him, he's also spent a good chunk of money, without seeing a dime returned. I respect NSC for this and am very thankful that he took on a lot of work. What I personally don't respect and what I think the community shouldn't respect either, is those that play the game for free and continually demand updates and bug fixes, then have the gall to try to add fire to the flames when there is an issue. Why the fuck are you still playing the game if you hate NSC so much? Why don't you play a previous version then from before he took over the project? Why do so many have to crap all over him?

Second, if NSC has a grievance with Shoozza concerning the source code and development, that's between NSC, Shoozza and MM to sort out and settle. Perhaps it's simply a case of NSC not being ready to start sharing, since there might be a lot to sort out and explain concerning the code. From what I remember, the code was very messy and so bugfixing is slow and frustrating. Of course, I know very little of this and have not been involved (nor should I be). If it's just a case where he should smarten up, then so be it... he should smarten up. However, from looking at how much he's contributed so far and trying to improve Soldat, I'd say that's pretty respectable. Of course we the players decide whether we play the new version or not, but you know, we do have a choice. I'm sure there are several ways to get the old versions up and popular again.

Even if EnEsCe is making a mistake or two, I'm still defending him for all his hard work. Nobody's perfect. I think if I was in his shoes and suddenly expected to share what I put thousands of hours into, I might be hesitant doing so right away as well. I'm also going to point out that he's released 3 fucking betas for the community to test and help fix bugs and barely anyone contributed. No one I've seen has taken that into account. However a lot have contributed in the bitching and whining department, when 1.5.0 had new bugs. Then, everyone could contribute all of a sudden... with anger, whining, bitching, flaming, etc.

Lastly, where the hell has the fun gone? How did this all get so serious? It's a game! Enjoy it! As I said, we have several, several versions available. If the devs are having squabbles and development halts for a while. Oh well, we still have something to play for a while. I'd hate to think how it's going to be when the first versions of Link-Dead are out.

Grow up. Chill out. Have fun. (Elephant Hunter, you are the starter of this thread, but my rant is not aimed at you in anyway, I just think it's silly to go to the extreme of resigning and leaving. We can only expect so much from the creators and those who continue working on a project. Both Michal and Enesce, even if you have lost faith, have for years contributed, fixed bugs, attempted to fix bugs and released updates... pretty much for a free game. I could count until the end of my days, how many developers out there, release one or two versions of their game, charge a shwack of money for it, it's a piece of crap and they couldn't care less about those who played their pieces of shit.)
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2009, 03:42:26 pm »
According to his deleting and banning: forget about it, he raged out, that's all...

WHY did he rage out? There hasn't been an acceptable excuse for his raging. There was no reason for him to act in a "blind rage."

Even if EnEsCe is making a mistake or two, I'm still defending him for all his hard work. Nobody's perfect. I think if I was in his shoes and suddenly expected to share what I put thousands of hours into, I might be hesitant doing so right away as well. I'm also going to point out that he's released 3 f**king betas for the community to test and help fix bugs and barely anyone contributed. No one I've seen has taken that into account. However a lot have contributed in the b***hing and whining department, when 1.5.0 had new bugs. Then, everyone could contribute all of a sudden... with anger, whining, b***hing, flaming, etc.

You obviously haven't read the many posts explaining why the Beta failed. Not only did people not contribute, but the Beta was also poorly executed.

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2009, 06:11:49 pm »
How was the beta poorly executed? Was there a better way? People were kicking and screaming to get even a shred of the next version. A beta came out, there were some servers up, and a forum to post bugs in. For those who couldn't join a beta server online still had the opportunity to play offline with some bots. Surely more than half of the bugs occur regardless of connection.

I swear, if the beta had been tested in such a way that say on every weekend between such and such time, reliable servers would be up, and the developers would be there on hand in real time to take bug reports, most would still have continued playing 1.4.2 rather anyway.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2009, 06:32:37 pm »
I feel like an old man waiting around helplessly as all of his veteran buddies get picked off by cancer. All I can do is sit around and remember the good ol' days.

Storms rollin' in, I can feel it in my hip.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2009, 06:47:23 pm »
yeah. remember when we used to photoshop pictures of enesce because he was the hacker scourge of so-

oh wait, not helping, am I.

(btw that's totally irrelevant right now, but THOSE where the good ol' days indeed.)

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2009, 07:10:00 pm »
WHY did he rage out? There hasn't been an acceptable excuse for his raging. There was no reason for him to act in a "blind rage."
WHY do you have to know? Is it really THAT important?!? Those evidences won't lead nowhere...
And what do you actually expect from him? Which answer would satisfy you, huh? Which would not lead to your final demand for resignation or changing devs?
I mean, how could he convince us that he just raged out...for no reason? HOW?
You won't believe him anyway, because you made yourself an opinion...
Playing "Sherlock Holmes" is fun, right? :|

Just don't give him admin-rights anymore, that's it. Why does he need them anyway - he should code, not play mod/admin...

@Snow: Great post. :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:11:55 pm by Illuminatus »
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2009, 08:39:06 pm »
I want to know why he raged because, in my mind, his raging for absolutely no reason tips my decision in favor of him having intentionally cheated his customers. I think it does so for a few other people, as well. I honestly can't see why he would rage like that unless he is guilty of what he's been accused of. If he can provide a legitimate excuse as to why he raged, that may change my opinion. Am I not allowed to seek answers anymore?

@Snow: Instead of rehashing an argument that's already been had, maybe read page eight of the Ok so... thread, as well as any other BETA threads, to see the BETA discussion.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:45:26 pm by Shinobars »

Offline Atticus

• Major
  • Always outnumbered, but never outgunned.
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2009, 01:09:41 am »
The storm is coming...
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2009, 03:28:40 am »
If he can provide a legitimate excuse as to why he raged, that may change my opinion. Am I not allowed to seek answers anymore?
He has provided a reason as to why he did that (although it does not excuse his actions from being bad).
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2009, 03:28:51 am »
It already came, now we are looking at it's consequences...
Text goes here...

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2009, 03:46:46 am »

your post is irrelevant to the situation. People aren't dissapointed because Enesce did a poor job in coding or anything like that. People are dissapointed because he's proven he can't be trustworthy. Such position requires reliability, he doesn't have it at all. He shouldn't be at this position.

I have a solution though. He still could be a coder, but he wouldn't lead the project anymore. Someone else would be responsible for it, surrounded by group of great coders working together.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:48:34 am by Mittsu »
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2009, 06:16:02 am »
yeah. remember when we used to photoshop pictures of enesce because he was the hacker scourge of so-

(btw that's totally irrelevant right now, but THOSE where the good ol' days indeed.)

Let's see them. Now seems like a more appropriate time than ever.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2009, 07:14:24 am »

Let's see them. Now seems like a more appropriate time than ever.
NSC released a hack for 1.3. Coyote released his a week later, which then kicked NSC's hacks ass apparently.

Look on the f*cking bright side, people.

Not many people get to say, "Hey man, I play a game called soldat, where one of the devs is a maniac planning to take over the game."

Yeah man, that's soldat.
Hahaha... you could turn that into a banner or some s**t.

"Dude, Soldat's so awesome, we've got people fighting to be the developer!"

We shall rename "Rambomatch" to "Developermatch"!

Disclaimer: This image is not intended to offend anyone, only for entertainment and as an idea on what a game mode of people fighting for a position would be like. Take it down if it hurts anyone.

EDIT:
Forgot to say this, but while some of the characters are made to resemble certain people, others are not. The developer in the middle of the picture, the blue man with a chainsaw (is just a bot called Boogie Man), the guy being zapped - these guys are NOT made to resemble any real people, it's entirely coincidental if they are.

That green guy looks kinda like me....but then again I dont use deagles lol.