Author Topic: About the current community situation.  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
About the current community situation.
« on: July 04, 2009, 08:33:12 pm »
I am getting linked to and noticed about this stuff every day I thats why I have to tell respond.

I haven't ever seen this much of a upset community...
This all is in my opinion not for the benefit of Soldat.

I regret to have contributed to all this with the detection of the line in the modded server and thought that by taking the time to chat with EnEsCe and skip a night to make an interview would help to solve the issue.
I regret to have allowed people to flame in my channel.
I regret having written the message about the situation.
And I regret not having posted earlier.

The current community situation is lets call it "unstable".
Also EnEsCe is in focus all the time and cannot work on soldat because there are always now information about the case.
Even I cannot work on stuff now since I have to chat with people about this case.

I don't know how MM will react on this and I don't want to be him now but it's clear that when I left the community I didn't made a huge post about that so that everyone gets upset and starts to whine. I actually left the community because I didn't want to run after the dev position all my life in order to be able to actively contribute to solda. EnEsCe was always against the idea of having me as dev helping him. I don't know exactly why but that doesn't play a role here I don't need to know it. Currently he thinks that I went behind his back which is just the "most perfect situation" to be added to the dev team and basically everything seems to be *****ed right now.

(Yes the "" are irony tags.)

I even think MM is annoyed by all this and he possibly believes that I set this stuff up and that I am the person responsible for all this.
(Remember EnEsCe believed this too)
This might look right since it started in my channel and when I tried to find out the truth everything went out of control.

MM will decide about what will happen (also he already choose EnEsCe to continue because he took a look at the situation).

It's a pain to see the community falling apart...

With all this I made MM just get a lot of problems thats why I think about disappearing and cutting all lines off with everyone from the soldatcommunity in order to solve the issue.

If you people like me stop flamming EnEsCe.

Shoozza
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: About the current community situation.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 10:15:05 pm »
trying to self-sacrifice? why the hell do MM want enesce to continue with the development of soldat? he's clearly to blunt to do it. all this is because MM is lazy, and enesce got the source code (he's also being like a 15 year old ultra rebellious teenager).

Shoozza or somebody else should take over soldat. or haveing enesce make 1.5.1 under supervision and after that stop developing soldat, except for wm.

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 10:56:47 pm »
You leaving won't change things in anyway, the seeds are already planted. And you obviously can't blame yourself, because this is not your fault in anyway.

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 11:19:16 pm »
The current situation is a poor one, sure, but it's far better that the community knows what's really going on than to avoid some hassle by keeping the whole thing quiet. I'm sorry that you regret your role in uncovering some of what you did, because I think that we as a community are much better off because of it. Things will cool down eventually, and we'll probably come out of the whole mess a lot stronger when they do.

I haven't really seen a lot of people flaming EnEsCe either. Sure, there've been two or three, but most people seem to be expressing legitimate questions and concerns about his conduct and behavior. Expecting everything to be sweet and peachy just a few days after what we've learned is simply naive; the type of criticism most people are showing is not only warranted but necessary to resolve the quagmire in which we've found ourselves.

As ramirez said, you leaving now would solve nothing, as what's done is done. You've done nothing wrong throughout the whole thing as far as I've seen, and in fact your continued presence and knowledge is very welcomed in the midst of this fiasco.

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 11:22:33 pm »
As ramirez said, you leaving now would solve nothing, as what's done is done. You've done nothing wrong throughout the whole thing as far as I've seen, and in fact your continued presence and knowledge is very welcomed in the midst of this fiasco.

Elephant Hunter's resignation won't solve anything either.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 11:23:28 pm »
It is better that the community is aware of what's really happening. I don't see any fault in what you have done.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 11:27:02 pm »

Elephant Hunter's resignation won't solve anything either.
I think EH is just pissed.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 11:29:06 pm »
I think we're all pissed, but his resignation is just making it worse, in my opinion. He's a great admin, and I think he should stay.

Offline skn0fx

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 11:30:44 pm »
hmmm hmmm
i think Shoozza should be part of the dev team
and if enesce stops to use his dev position to promote his own sfuff (website and servers) he can keep deving soldat too

and plz stop adding useless stuff to soldat and just try to fix the bugs and the netcode cuz the new versions are getting laggier and laggier

and i think the soldatPorted should be supportted by the official soldat cuz its a good thing !
it ll work on linux and it will be re-written and bugs might get fixed and the netcode might work better !

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 11:33:31 pm »
I think EH is just pissed.
Everyone is pissed.

I dare not say I understand the situation, but it's definitely not good. We're losing all the best people around here and we have a lot of dishonesty. Cutting off would only make things far worse.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 12:05:53 am by STM1993 »

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 12:02:22 am »
Disappearing?

That would work if you are the root of the problem, which I don't think you are.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 04:36:57 pm »
I guess this topic would be the best one to post my question in, since EH's one got locked.

First of all, i'd like to join Shoozza in his request to stop flaming EnEsCe. This whole ping thing has gone awfully ridiculous. I won't make a long post to those saying he's an "unreliable dev" etc, since it's useless. Just please, don't flame this thread up with your retardation.

What i'm really curious about is EH's post. It just made me feel like this is the worst piece of text i've seen lately. I can't see why none of the three (Shoozza, MM and EnEsCe) have commented on it yet. This is something that just doesn't want to settle in my head... I guess everyone's too busy entertaining themselves they don't see what's in this post.

So please, anything from the involved persons?

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 08:20:03 pm »
Soldat had to get EOL once..
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 05:06:51 am »
Aye, flames aren't tolerated, while the discussions are already dying anyway. A number of people including the involved persons are pretty much done about the whole issue and just want to move on.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 09:08:40 am by STM1993 »

Offline MetsuriTossavainen

• Camper
  • The Chainsaw Wizard
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 07:01:04 am »
Everyone has got enough of this crap. Personally, I'm getting a headache for all this.

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 07:03:49 am »
Dude forget about this...
you were fighting for what you think was right...and so did we all....
You cannot change what is done...but the question are you happy with what you have done?
If no, than why the hell did you start it all?
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 08:35:51 am »
EH is gone and Shoozza is leaving? NSC is doing it, hes taking over soldat.
People resigning and leaving won't do us any good. Its just tearing the community apart piece by piece. I agree whit STM,

Offline Z i p p y

• Major(1)
  • BattlEye Tester
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 06:24:13 pm »
If you people like me stop flamming EnEsCe.

That line surprised me. I thought you were going to say to stop flamming your channel. I respect you for that. Although I'm not sure about EnEsCe...
My life in a nutshell = Soldat

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 07:42:42 am »
o_o

Holy fuck. Here too?

Anyways, NSC if you're reading this, keep up the good work, but try to focus more on the current bugs such as access violations and try to stabilize soldat to work properly.
Even now I need to spend half an hour to find out what combination of filters and video compability settings in the config should I use because by default I get spammed by access violation errors that render the game unplayable until I find a stable combination.