Author Topic: Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13  (Read 106460 times)

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
Re: Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.8
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2011, 07:26:36 pm »
So many new default maps, so many new default textures, can you plz make a separation between default and custom textures, like in the scenerys?
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
Re: Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.9
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2011, 09:51:52 pm »
New update - v1.5.0.9

Changes:
- fixed styling of bounciness label
- fixed buggy polygon points
- fixed fixed texture

So many new default maps, so many new default textures, can you plz make a separation between default and custom textures, like in the scenerys?
Coming in next version.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
Re: Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.9
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2011, 09:32:48 am »
Errors...
The first three messages along the top of pw2 show before displaying the blank pw1.

Update: seems my directx mucked/mucks up...

Sometimes when exiting Soldat, it stays in that resolution, which, ruins directx.
Restarting the pc worked.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 10:17:50 am by thegrandmaster »
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
Re: Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.10
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2011, 01:25:58 pm »
Apparently there is a bug in PolyWorks that makes maps buggy in Soldat 1.5.0, but not in 1.5.1. I will release a fix for this bug ASAP.

EDIT: Done! (Sorry for taking way too much time :P)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 09:17:28 pm by Fryer »
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2011, 11:30:00 am »
I noticed that the preferences for the prefabs are not working.
I set them to a folder but the import/export always opens the last folder that you used.

Prefabs are not exporting waypoints =/ (yes, I enabled them and selected)
Actually maybe they are exporting, they are just not importing right. I exported just the waypoints of arena and the file was 7k. The prefab of the whole arena is 38k and the prefab of arena without waypoints is 35k.

Another thing is that polyworks window is not coming to the front of the others when I click on it if I am importing or exporting any prefab (with the browse folder window open). If I click on my other active window again than it works just fine :P This bug doesn't happens with the "browse folder window" of preferences.

Also I have a suggestion: the button "sever connections" could be in the waypoint window.
I think that VTT suggested that the PW version should be shown somewhere. I had to go to my PW folder to check that. Maybe in the lower right.. just a v. 1.5.0.10 would be enough =D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:55:07 am by As de Espada »

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2011, 12:42:44 pm »
[...]

Thanks for all the suggestions and bug reports. I'll try to fix as many of them as possible until the next version is released

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2011, 01:47:28 pm »
Just another quick suggestions...
instead of using "Sever connections" you could put "Remove connections" because it's a more common word.
and maybe the compile to .pms should be changed... because it causes a lot of nbs saving the maps without compiling. The first option (the just save...) could be the compile one and than instead of Compile to PMS you would have "Save with info" or "Save uncompiled" or etc...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:06:27 pm by As de Espada »

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2011, 02:16:08 pm »
Man, nostalgic moment opening this back up. The new version fixes all the bugs in the map we were rigorously testing.. will necro that thread.
Thanks for the update.
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2011, 04:38:25 pm »
[...] maybe the compile to .pms should be changed... because it causes a lot of nbs saving the maps without compiling. The first option (the just save...) could be the compile one and than instead of Compile to PMS you would have "Save with info" or "Save uncompiled" or etc...
Or just "Export for Soldat" instead of compile.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2011, 10:06:00 am »
I noticed today that there is no rotate texture option, you have to do some tricks (rotate the hole poly) to make that :P

Found a bug: when you load a workspace with a different window size, the graphics are stretched and you have to restart PW to fix that.
-When you resize your window size using preferences that donesn't happen.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:35:51 pm by As de Espada »

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2011, 08:11:45 pm »
I really don't like the changes done to Ctrl+D (originally deselects items), now it's the Escape key. I'm not sure why you did that, as the Ctrl+V for copy/paste and ctrl+d for deselecting really goes hand in hand for intuitiveness.

Is there any way for me to possibly change the controls back to my own preference?

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2011, 09:17:39 am »
I really don't like the changes done to Ctrl+D (originally deselects items), now it's the Escape key. I'm not sure why you did that, as the Ctrl+V for copy/paste and ctrl+d for deselecting really goes hand in hand for intuitiveness.

Is there any way for me to possibly change the controls back to my own preference?
I'll probably just remove the duplicate function (copy-paste is already there, so not needed) and make ctrl+D deselect stuff.

New update - v1.5.0.11

Changes:
- fixed bouncy polygons not being compiled correctly
- fixed saving of waypoints to prefabs not working
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:53:39 pm by Fryer »

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
Re: Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.11
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2011, 02:39:34 am »
Gotta get back on mapping now, so excited to try all the new tools!
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2011, 06:04:48 am »
ahh maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
you've been promising me for ages that next version would have a separation between default and custom textures >.<

nice job on the waypoints (Y)

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2011, 12:29:43 pm »
ahh maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
you've been promising me for ages that next version would have a separation between default and custom textures >.<

nice job on the waypoints (Y)
Yeah, sorry for that. Got lots of other higher priority stuff to do atm, so new features for PolyWorks will have to wait for a while until i get some time for it. :(

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2011, 02:19:30 pm »
I'll probably just remove the duplicate function (copy-paste is already there, so not needed) and make ctrl+D deselect stuff.
I haven't used polyworks in a long time, so I don't remember much about how copy/paste and duplicate differ. As I remember, copy/paste pastes at the center of the screen, while duplicate just places a copy right beside the original. If that's the only difference - then there chould be just
Ctrl+V - paste at the center of the screen, and
Ctrl+Shift+V - paste at the same coordinate where the original object(s) was/were copies from.

Still, before removing it - I think you should ask for opinions of more than one mapper. <_< Or add "deselect" and "duplicate" to the controls menu so they can be reassigned. Personally I found duplicate pretty useful when I was using polyworks, while for deselecting I just mouse-clicked on empty space. It worked well for me.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:16:30 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2011, 08:54:57 am »
@Fryer

@Loner
Duplicate makes a copy of what is SELECTED and then pastes the same thing a little distance to the right of its original place.

It's kinda useful since most of the times when you copy something you want to paste it right away.

The usefulness of Copy and paste is that you can copy one thing from one map and paste in the other (and it will be at its "original" place).

Duplicate can be removed since people are used to just quick copy and paste things. I don't know about you, but I have to move my hand more to press Esc than to Ctrl+d (and a lot more features uses Ctrl, so...)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:04:15 am by As de Espada »

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2011, 02:58:19 pm »
The selection tool does not work on objects's positions. I found out recently that you have to use the properties window and then go to "transform" to work on objects.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2011, 06:00:10 pm »
@Loner:

Image taken of Polyworks version 1.5.0.11

This has been around since Anna was the developer of Polyworks. I don't think anyone really complained about the positioning of the deselect tool throughout the years >_>

Offline Spotix

• Major
  • Shut up! I just give my sentimental side!
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Spotix
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2011, 08:55:43 am »
I found not this new polygone typ (Only flaggers collide) on Soldat Polyworks wtf?

This thread say me the polygone is added on v1.6 0o?

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=41012.0
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:02:39 am by Spotix »