Author Topic: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?  (Read 110996 times)

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
Re: Soldat is dying, and you know it.
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2009, 04:18:06 pm »
Everybody and everything eventually dies, that is an undeniable fact.
Its just what humans use to think....
Don't think like a human...everything will be immortal...

Don't be too sure. People today have no clue how easily our life can be wiped out. It really doesn't take much. Our sun (that bright, hot thing in the sky) frequently vents out solar flares, which are enormous bursts of energy. If one of them just happens to be aimed at Earth when it erupts, say 'goodbye!' to every electrical and technological gadget, tool, vehicle, and microchip everywhere, 'cause we are goin' back to the stone age. Our recorded history will be erased, except the now-useless buldings.

The only reason why this hasn't happened is 'cause the odds that the solar flare is aimed right at the Earth are very very very low. The entire course and progress of humanity can be reset instantly... it kinda makes you appreciate the basic idea that nothing lasts forever.

And that we need to get our a$$es in outer space and on other planets. ;)

You evolutionists are nuts. The Earth has been around for how long now. If the Earth wasn't protected, SOMETHING, would have happened to the earth in that time span, whether it be a meteor striking, solar flares, mankinds own weapons, or anything of the like.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 04:22:03 pm by miketh2005 »
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline NTxC

• Major(1)
  • Scripter
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2009, 04:25:15 pm »
My first Soldat version was a version without the chainsaw and LAW... Can't remember which one, but I remember that I found it on a Cover-CD of a computer magazine named Komputer Swiat, here in Poland, few years ago. I didn't have an internet connection and I played with bots.  :D

How to "revive" Soldat?

My guess no. 1 would be: advertising.
:[ NT-Online Server Mod Coming Up! ]:
- Reward System - earn rewards for your frags...
- CVARs - configuration variables - to make the server administering easier...

... and more! Coming soon!

Offline Achi

• Major(1)
  • Jet Set
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2009, 12:24:23 am »
I used to play a bunch on u13 servers, but they stopped working after a while. My only complaint on the servers these days is that so many of them are Zombie servers. I really hate those. There don't seem to be many "normal" servers with loads of people now, or maybe I just never noticed it until the u13 servers died. Personally I'm a big fan of those giant Teammatches, Deathmatches, and CTFs with loads of people without any mods or alterations. I like the game as it is, not with all this modding attached.
Yeah.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2009, 06:54:41 am »
I used to play a bunch on u13 servers, but they stopped working after a while. My only complaint on the servers these days is that so many of them are Zombie servers. I really hate those. There don't seem to be many "normal" servers with loads of people now, or maybe I just never noticed it until the u13 servers died. Personally I'm a big fan of those giant Teammatches, Deathmatches, and CTFs with loads of people without any mods or alterations. I like the game as it is, not with all this modding attached.
The u13 servers are fine now, thing is no one's ever in them.
There are other worlds than these

Offline MadDog

• Major(1)
  • Niiiiiighhhht Proooowwwllaaa
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2009, 08:30:16 am »
Woah, okay, see, you're making a couple errors here, buddy...

1. It is scientific fact, agreed by all scientists, that a solar flare, if aimed directly at earth, will set us back to the Stone Age. It's FACT, not opinion or religious belief.

2. Even creationists believe this is quite true. They'll say that God had a reason for wiping out all the microchips... This has absolutely nothing to do with evolution, so whatever in your mind made you think that, needs to be reformatted... the sooner the better.

3. Earth is protected by a magnetic field and it's atmosphere. The field prevents harmful UV radiation from the sun from killing us. That's normal radiation that constantly shoots off from the sun. The atmosphere is 5 parts, exosphere (almost outer space), thermosphere (very hot) mesosphere (middle) stratosphere (getting lower) and lastly the troposphere (bottom, us.) Asteriods and meteors and whatnot burn up in the Thermosphere and Stratosphere. They start as the size of aircraft carriers, and are burnt into the size of baseballs.

"SOMETHING, would have happened to the earth in that time span"...........

Earth, if I remember correctly, is about 5.5 billion years old, and I don't know if you've heard about this or not, but there's this CRAZY theory that we had DINOSAURS, which mysteriously DISSAPEARED. Why? Oh, we're not too sure... it could've been disease, mammals eating dino eggs, or possibly a LARGE METEOR HITTING EARTH. Did you ever hear about that wild rumor?  ;)

When you think meteor hitting earth, you must think "big object strikes surface, makes big mess, but only in that area... not true. If it was a meteor that wiped out dinosaurs, the reason why it killed them all was because the impact threw up a very large cloud of dust that blocked out the sunlight across the entire planet. See, that brings us to the next weird theory called Ice Age. No, not that kiddy cartoon movie, there actually WAS an Ice Age!

Lastly, the use of electricity has only been going on for about what? 100+ years? A solar flare could've hit the planet in 750 B.C., and nobody would notice 'cause, surprise surprise, Romulus and Remus didn't exactly have a Gateway computer when they built Rome, now did they?

For all you know, Earth has been hit numerous times with solar flares. It's only 5,500,000,000 years... Not to mention the odds that a solar flare is directly aimed at Earth are pretty low.

You see, I'm not saying "tomorrow, technology will come to an end with a solar flare." I'm saying, "nothing is immortal, not even computer data, because a flare can wipe it out."

[Sigh], it's like I just gave a Science lesson here. Doesn't your school teach?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:32:22 am by MadDog »
Jules: "Describe what Marsellus Wallace- looks like!"
Brett: "What?"
Jules: Say "what" again! Say "WHAT" again! I dare you! I Double-Dare you motha-[******]! Say "what" one more god-d**n time!

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2009, 08:32:13 am »
wtf??? Indefinitely, Soldat is dying and will end soon unless advertised globally and gains more players, more servers and more developers. In our case at the moment, we aren't going to survive many years to come. 
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2009, 09:20:55 am »
^MadDog replied in wrong topic...

Offline MadDog

• Major(1)
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2009, 09:24:56 am »

Not quite...

Read Matth2005's comment at the top...

I'm just... educating.
Jules: Say "what" again! Say "WHAT" again! I dare you! I Double-Dare you motha-[******]! Say "what" one more god-d**n time!

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2009, 09:40:23 am »
MadGod get real...it happened and so what?
the fact is that while we are still a live,"IF we want so" soldat will never die and even become famous like all the new pc games ...what ever...
if we want we can make soldat to be a religion and millions will believe in it (play also ^^ )
anyway nya...
you are boring...
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2009, 09:41:18 am »
I have noticed that ever since the new version of soldat was out there have been a lot less people online....

And I think you mean Miketh2005 not Matth2005  :P

Not quite...

Read Matth2005's comment at the top...

I'm just... educating.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2009, 09:52:27 am »
There was less people before the newest version. I think you should all just be patient and wait for 1.5.1, people will come back, and soldat will not die in a loong time.
1.5.1 will be a plus for soldat, and when Link dead comes people will try it, then try to compare it to soldat and we might have a split community but soldat will live on anyhow.
That's my prediction anyway, and I find it sad that the soldat community, and even the admins here, don't fully appreciate the work that NSC does for free. It was less people before the newest version. I think you should all just be patient and wait for 1.5.1, people will come back, and soldat will not die in a loong time.
1.5.1 will be a plus for soldat, and when Link dead comes people will try it, then try to compare it to soldat and we might have a split community but soldat will live on anyhow.
That's my prediction anyway, and I find it sad that the soldat community and even the admins here don't appreciate the work that NSC does for free.
If you trust MM you should trust NSC too, because he has MM's approval. It is fully possible that NCS fix all the bugs for us and thereby people come back, and we will have more traffic on the servers. Although there are less people now, I feel that there are some parts of the community that has gotten better. And if you know where to look, there is always a server suitable for you, wether it'd be gather, realistic gather, NAgather, and so on...
So if you want to help out with the ''reviving'' of soldat you could do alot of stuff:
Buy a server yourself, report bugs, play and invite friends, find good solutions to problems here on forums and help out where you can. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:17:39 am by homerofgods »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2009, 11:36:41 am »
I start hating topics about dying things ...

Soldat. won´t. die.

EVER! But why is this so? Well, try out Hide and Seek, try to get in that server. It is most time of day (0-24h) full and now there is even a second server so that more players can play at once. This is just one subgamemode as an example: Subgamemodes are coming. The community for subgamemodes are rising and more and more players change their minds about it and stop playing in gathers and that´s why you all think there are less players around. I tell you: Soldats community is growing, there are more and more players. Stop hypotetical shit and better play Soldat instead of crying around ...

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2009, 11:41:19 am »
Woah, okay, see, you're making a couple errors here, buddy...

1. It is scientific fact, agreed by all scientists, that a solar flare, if aimed directly at earth, will set us back to the Stone Age. It's FACT, not opinion or religious belief.

2. Even creationists believe this is quite true. They'll say that God had a reason for wiping out all the microchips... This has absolutely nothing to do with evolution, so whatever in your mind made you think that, needs to be reformatted... the sooner the better.

3. Earth is protected by a magnetic field and it's atmosphere. The field prevents harmful UV radiation from the sun from killing us. That's normal radiation that constantly shoots off from the sun. The atmosphere is 5 parts, exosphere (almost outer space), thermosphere (very hot) mesosphere (middle) stratosphere (getting lower) and lastly the troposphere (bottom, us.) Asteriods and meteors and whatnot burn up in the Thermosphere and Stratosphere. They start as the size of aircraft carriers, and are burnt into the size of baseballs.

"SOMETHING, would have happened to the earth in that time span"...........

Earth, if I remember correctly, is about 5.5 billion years old, and I don't know if you've heard about this or not, but there's this CRAZY theory that we had DINOSAURS, which mysteriously DISSAPEARED. Why? Oh, we're not too sure... it could've been disease, mammals eating dino eggs, or possibly a LARGE METEOR HITTING EARTH. Did you ever hear about that wild rumor?  ;)

When you think meteor hitting earth, you must think "big object strikes surface, makes big mess, but only in that area... not true. If it was a meteor that wiped out dinosaurs, the reason why it killed them all was because the impact threw up a very large cloud of dust that blocked out the sunlight across the entire planet. See, that brings us to the next weird theory called Ice Age. No, not that kiddy cartoon movie, there actually WAS an Ice Age!

Lastly, the use of electricity has only been going on for about what? 100+ years? A solar flare could've hit the planet in 750 B.C., and nobody would notice 'cause, surprise surprise, Romulus and Remus didn't exactly have a Gateway computer when they built Rome, now did they?

For all you know, Earth has been hit numerous times with solar flares. It's only 5,500,000,000 years... Not to mention the odds that a solar flare is directly aimed at Earth are pretty low.

You see, I'm not saying "tomorrow, technology will come to an end with a solar flare." I'm saying, "nothing is immortal, not even computer data, because a flare can wipe it out."

[Sigh], it's like I just gave a Science lesson here. Doesn't your school teach?

OH, ALL RIGHT, I thought you were saying a solar flare will wipe out all life on earth...so your saying, if a solar flare hits, then all computers and eletronics will go BOOM. That's intresting...never heard of that before. We don't have cable, :P. just local channels. And I'd rather be playing games or reading fictitious books than scientific books.

I'm not that kinda creationist. If a solar flare hit earth, I wouldn't blame God, he just LET IT happen. BUT, if it is in his interest to stop it, then he will.

The meteor hitting earth thing is just a myth. NO ONE really knows what happened and neither scientists or creationists claim to know what happened. There are multiple theories about why dinosaurs went extinct. But, I believe what ever happened, it was caused by God. Men couldn't survive with a Tyrannosaurs Rex outside their back door. I'm thinking either right before he created man or gradually when man started expanding he killed them off. OR dinos could have died in The Flood...something else could have caused the Ice Age. This is my hypothesis, I'm just guessing. Will scientists ever know?

Also, what caused the 2nd Ice Age?

I start hating topics about dying things ...

Soldat. won´t. die.

EVER! But why is this so? Well, try out Hide and Seek, try to get in that server. It is most time of day (0-24h) full and now there is even a second server so that more players can play at once. This is just one subgamemode as an example: Subgamemodes are coming. The community for subgamemodes are rising and more and more players change their minds about it and stop playing in gathers and that´s why you all think there are less players around. I tell you: Soldats community is growing, there are more and more players. Stop hypotetical s**t and better play Soldat instead of crying around ...

HnS is empty when I go in it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:47:07 am by miketh2005 »
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2009, 01:16:55 pm »
Quote from EnEsCe's blog:
On to other news, in wake of recent events Soldat 1.5.1 is no longer just a bug fix version. Lots major additions are already implemented, and more are in progress.

So yet again we have to stick with version full of bugs for months to come just because the developer thinks only himself and decides that he wants to add new features now instead of releasing the 1.5.1 with currently fixed bugs and moving to 1.5.2 with the new features.

I agree, Soldat is dying. Too many unfixed critical bugs with no one to fix them.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:22:06 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Mallow007

• Major
  • >:3 Rawr
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2009, 01:25:40 pm »
This earth stuff is going out topic...n00bs

Soldat may never died "BUT" it can stays as it is right now and will lose players with time cause...come on we'll have to face it, at some point all the admins and server providers probably get a life, including us lol.

Soldat did lost a lot of players from 1.4 to 1.5, even in 1.4 there was so many bugs.

A few of us already got it, in order to soldat to become a better an bigger game it NEEDS publicity, this will attract people, people who can be developers or people with money who can pay for servers to public use, or people with rocket launchers for hands...(wait what?),and maybe it will become a game like CS (soldat has The potential to become a competitive video game around the world like halo or Cod).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:27:56 pm by Mallow007 »
You just got rick rolle´d!

Offline kersantti

• Major(1)
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2009, 02:22:01 pm »
I've said it before, I'll say it again: With each passing version, instead of GAINING people, we lose them.
NO WAI!
Or maybe when you guys finally realize that Soldat is dying. Some gang who knows C++ can make a new soldat with a better engine (scriptcore sucks!) and can encorprate all those features enesce says he can't do, like movable stuff. Changing sceneries, etc. Just make it more moddable.
LOL
I know I'm gonna get a lot of arguments...so start posting :P
yeah
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:23:53 pm by kersantti »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2009, 02:24:40 pm »
Omg ffs stop giving us science bull on the soldat related stuff, it's annoying, and btw it's not the magnetic field that protects us from UV you dumb fuck it's the Ozone. So don't play the smart ass.
Back on topic: I agree with the advertising bit, we could get some fresh pulse of life back to the game if we had more regular players.
b&

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2009, 03:24:15 pm »
Quote from EnEsCe's blog:
On to other news, in wake of recent events Soldat 1.5.1 is no longer just a bug fix version. Lots major additions are already implemented, and more are in progress.

I bet I saw "1.5.1 will only fix bugs" bolded somewhere. This is fucked up o gosh, why not just wait four years and name it 1.8.0.

Omg ffs stop giving us science bull on the soldat related stuff, it's annoying, and btw it's not the magnetic field that protects us from UV you dumb fuck it's the Ozone. So don't play the smart ass.
Back on topic: I agree with the advertising bit, we could get some fresh pulse of life back to the game if we had more regular players.

No need for childish rage. Dumb fuck.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2009, 03:27:27 pm »
Yeah... 15% warned.
There are other worlds than these

Offline MadDog

• Major(1)
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2009, 03:40:29 pm »
Omg ffs stop giving us science bull on the soldat related stuff, it's annoying, and btw it's not the magnetic field that protects us from UV you dumb f**k it's the Ozone. So don't play the smart ass.

Oh dear... Gee, did I say UV?

Well my bad, I was thinking of solar winds. Must drink more coffee... Now, tell me, are you really proud of yourself for throwing a tantrum like a 3 year old over a small mistake, or are you kinda wishing you didn't sound like an immature kiddy and acquire 15 warning points at the same time? Good job, no really, that was brilliant.