Author Topic: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?  (Read 110988 times)

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
Re: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2009, 07:21:55 am »
Although, i've notcied that public servers have lesser skilled players playing in them [...]
You're joining the wrong servers...
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2009, 12:31:34 pm »
Actually I'm playing in gather's more often now because pubs are so low skilled, whichever team I go on wins, lol. Anyway, there isn't even anyone on when it gets around 10PM in soldat.gather. I thought it's supposed to be global? And there just isn't as much people as I thought there would be.

P.S. YAY! Mute is gone! :D
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2009, 01:04:34 pm »
#soldat.gather mostly caters to the European crowd. As such, you'll find that activity starts to die down later in the night during European hours. During those times, you might want to try #aus.gather (Australasia) or #sna.gather (North America).

On behalf of the moderation team, sorry about that.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2009, 05:11:07 pm »
#soldat.gather mostly caters to the European crowd. As such, you'll find that activity starts to die down later in the night during European hours. During those times, you might want to try #aus.gather (Australasia) or #sna.gather (North America).

On behalf of the moderation team, sorry about that.

Are you even allowed to do that?
On topic; I've seen more than 1 regular pub player have the lead on the scoreboard 2-4 times in a row.
Edit; Allowed to give apologies on mutes O_O
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 05:38:45 am by demoniac93 »
b&

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2009, 05:18:17 pm »
Allowed to do what?

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2009, 09:31:55 pm »
Aus gather isn't even as lively as people say. It takes 20 minutes just to get six people to !add

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2009, 01:06:10 am »
This thread has taken many interesting turns, none of which I have read. Instead I'm just gonna say that pubs suck and go play some gathers/cw's/slaughter sessions with the good 'ole forum members when that happens again and remember why soldat is awesome. It isn't because it's a stunning game, it's good because the people that play it are pretty awesome.

And I'd say that between the 3 big gather channels there's always a game going, so no complaining about that.

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2009, 10:33:33 am »
This thread has taken many interesting turns, none of which I have read. Instead I'm just gonna say that pubs suck and go play some gathers/cw's/slaughter sessions with the good 'ole forum members when that happens again and remember why soldat is awesome. It isn't because it's a stunning game, it's good because the people that play it are pretty awesome.

And I'd say that between the 3 big gather channels there's always a game going, so no complaining about that.

totally agree with iDante here and i want to say one thing myself
Soldat is dying, how to revive it?
You ask how? At first STOP f**kIN TALK ABOUT THE END OF SOLDAT! you (not only miketh2005) want to see the End of Soldat so hard that you can talk about the way it will die endlessly (till mods will lock this topic)! how it will die? when it will die? BULLs**t.

my opinion: SOLDAT WILL NEVER DIE. Curtains down. Remember whats the year now? Right, 2009. And a 2D (!!!) game still have an army of fans (ok, not modders but fans)... Why? cause MM made it. And dont try to say that this army isnt growing, i wont belive it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:39:24 am by Ragnaros »

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2009, 03:31:47 pm »

totally agree with iDante here and i want to say one thing myself
Soldat is dying, how to revive it?
You ask how? At first STOP f**kIN TALK ABOUT THE END OF SOLDAT! you (not only miketh2005) want to see the End of Soldat so hard that you can talk about the way it will die endlessly (till mods will lock this topic)! how it will die? when it will die? BULLs**t.

my opinion: SOLDAT WILL NEVER DIE. Curtains down. Remember whats the year now? Right, 2009. And a 2D (!!!) game still have an army of fans (ok, not modders but fans)... Why? cause MM made it. And dont try to say that this army isnt growing, i wont belive it.

Do you see anyone here asking how it will die, or when it will die??? We are talking about how to get more people, not about that. I dunno where you got that idea from.

I'm sure there are only very few people who even know about Soldat much less who MM is...

How long have you been playing Soldat? Many people here who have played for awhile, myself included, have seen the drop in players. You just ignoring the truth.

Aus gather isn't even as lively as people say. It takes 20 minutes just to get six people to !add

What? I'm waiting 1 hr+ for the gather to fill in sna.gather!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #229 on: August 27, 2009, 04:59:16 pm »
I find gathers too.. formal. Thing I like about pubs is that you don't play with all the same people all the time (that just gets boring), and that the whole atmosphere is pretty relaxed. Feel free to chat, feel free to noob around with minigun, just dont break the rules. Even more awesome if you get to know the regular players of a certain pub and become a regular player yourself. This way you get to play with old buddies, as well as new players which you don't know.

As for number of players.. could it be the increase in alternative game modes? Since scriptcore has been improved, there's been a ton of modded servers, which take players away from normal servers.
Though personally - I never noticed a difference between number of players. Before there were enough servers with people playing, and to me it seems it's still that way.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 05:00:51 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2009, 08:00:01 am »
How long have you been playing Soldat? Many people here who have played for awhile, myself included, have seen the drop in players. You just ignoring the truth.
1. Ive been playing Soldat for 5 (five) years.
2. Ignoring? maybe you are imaging too much? or panic too much? or you just want some attention?
3. There are always a drop in players on summer. The community is growing anyways. (it was 10000 users in the beginning of june)
4. People are growing and start to play Gamez less often. New generations are coming.

numgun's returning to soldat is an awesome argument too btw

as Arny said in "Kindergarten cop": "come'on! stop whining! you lack discipline!" (c)

ps: if you are losing your interest to soldat go play some other games, dont say SOLDAT is dying. Gah.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2009, 10:43:42 am »
2. Ignoring? maybe you are imaging too much? or panic too much? or you just want some attention?
3. There are always a drop in players on summer. The community is growing anyways. (it was 10000 users in the beginning of june)
4. People are growing and start to play Gamez less often. New generations are coming.

numgun's returning to soldat is an awesome argument too btw

as Arny said in "Kindergarten cop": "come'on! stop whining! you lack discipline!" (c)

ps: if you are losing your interest to soldat go play some other games, dont say SOLDAT is dying. Gah.

LOL! Your argument is so ignorant it's funny. You need glasses. Because you aren't seeing things right.

Who here is whining???????????? Where the heck did you even GET that idea?????

We are not whining, and certainly not losing interest in Soldat. If we wanted soldat to die we wouldn't be trying to get more people to play soldat which is the whole point of this topic!

As I said before, many people have seen the drop in players. If you had bothered to read the whole thread you would see that.

Shouldn't players be going UP in the summer, like most games do? And is that 10K ACTIVE users? Not sure if that's the players in the servers or the people signed up at the forums...

New generations aren't going to come if they don't know about it! THAT is the whole point of this topic. I doubt most of us here have come to play soldat through an ad, or even seen an ad. It was probably through someone else, whether directly or indirectly. I know I came here through GameInformer's "Top ten games you've never heard of". THAT tells you something right there. Soldat is a great game, but no one knows of it. That probably brought in alot of players. When I came to play soldat I thought that was normal. That was probably just from the surge of players coming from GameInformer. They all left (exaggerating) after 1.4, because of the bugs and what not. Soldat needs an ad campaign or SOMETHING, that is the point of this thread, not only how to GET players but how to KEEP them, because we can't expect GameInformer to advertise for us again.

Every week? For 5 years straight? Then you should have saw the drop in players from 1.3.1 to now.

"ps:" Whyz you only signz up in 2008z?

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2009, 11:12:51 am »
this thread sucks so bad, how come its still alive...
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2009, 12:27:09 pm »
this thread sucks so bad, how come its still alive...
*blame on miketh2005*

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2009, 01:19:54 pm »

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2009, 02:29:55 pm »
I've played since 1.2.* days and have noticed a drop in pubs and a rise in competitive games.

Games change over time, most don't last as long as soldat. If you want to advertise soldat to people then do so, we're not stopping you.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2009, 03:07:13 pm »
buy servers from enesce

hahahahaha

Donate to enesce

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Or flab, lol. If you think something is wrong with enesce... donate to flab. No matter what you think of him you can't argue that he did alot and he hasn't abandoned Soldat like MM.

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2009, 06:05:41 pm »
First of all why would you offer more servers when the game is inactive? That makes no sense dudes.. the servers would remain empty..

And hmm yeah introducing people to mIRC isn't bad.

Alot of good players there, and alot of gathers in any kind of soldat mode.

As far as I know is that alot of players I've met 4/6 years ago are getting older around 18/20 and yeah life is getting more important then a game you know. :) But still some choose to keep gaming. Well not everyone does. So recruiting homies, friends in real life isn't a bad thing to do, if you really want to keep soldat that busy. Well that's my advice a bit. Dunno what else to do. Maybe talk to other gamers in other games about soldat. Well I don't really care that much about soldat anymore since I'm 18 and I'm just starting a 4 years car mechanic subject that's not just simple shit. I gotta focus on that and nothing less, ofcourse i'll still play games, but way less. :). And that's what happens when you're being around this age. Huuuraaay!

I still play soldat so yeah i'd ofcourse like to see changes in soldat, what should've happen ages ago already. Like no bugs and stuff (maybe a lot better anti cheat system). But that's my opinion.

Not much else to say :).

- DutchFlame
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2009, 08:43:59 pm »
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #239 on: August 28, 2009, 09:23:39 pm »
buy servers from enesce

hahahahaha

Donate to enesce

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh lol this was epic

We need to do something. About Soldat. For scripters: New game modes, new scripts. For people with money: donate to soldat. Donate to enesce, server owners, scripters, buy servers from enesce / U13 / Selfkill. Server owners: Make servers with popular scripts. Soldat makers: Make better/more features, trying your best? try better. I don't mean to be pushy or mean or anything, im just a lowlife server owner, right? I know.
Oh, so it's all of us who have to do stuff to keep soldat alive, right?
But I'm worried about Soldat. Come 4 years, Soldat will only have 5 servers...
By that time you will be playing another game you feckin whiner.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:27:14 pm by ~Niko~ »