Author Topic: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?  (Read 110983 times)

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
Re: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2009, 09:37:10 pm »
Stop flaming miketh! He has a valid point!

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2009, 09:37:31 pm »
buy servers from enesce

hahahahaha

Donate to enesce

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh lol this was epic

We need to do something. About Soldat. For scripters: New game modes, new scripts. For people with money: donate to soldat. Donate to enesce, server owners, scripters, buy servers from enesce / U13 / Selfkill. Server owners: Make servers with popular scripts. Soldat makers: Make better/more features, trying your best? try better. I don't mean to be pushy or mean or anything, im just a lowlife server owner, right? I know.
Oh, so it's all of us who have to do stuff to keep soldat alive, right?
But I'm worried about Soldat. Come 4 years, Soldat will only have 5 servers...
By that time you will be playing another game you feckin whiner.

So, Mr. Genius, where is your time machine? How do YOU know that. I've been playing Soldat for 3 years, i do not expect to stop unless it dies. Please explain to me where you see me whine...

What the hell do you mean "Oh so it's all of us"? I own 2 servers, I bought soldat. I have popular servers with great scripts on them. I bought servers from enesce (not currently, because its just too expensive for me).

Stop flaming miketh! He has a valid point!

Thanks to you  ;)
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2009, 09:39:08 pm »
Come to think of it, one thing Soldat has that other games don't is the longevity of players, it seems. How many commercial games have the same (pretty much) number of players after 8+ years? How many commerical games care about the community's input? How many commercial games don't have competition? I really think nothing else out there is the same kind of game as Soldat, with completely comparable maps, scripts, physics, weapons, and gameplay.

For what it's worth, in my honest opinion, Soldat is an immortal one of a kind game.
There are other worlds than these

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2009, 11:29:31 pm »
Come to think of it, one thing Soldat has that other games don't is the longevity of players, it seems. How many commercial games have the same (pretty much) number of players after 8+ years? How many commerical games care about the community's input? How many commercial games don't have competition? I really think nothing else out there is the same kind of game as Soldat, with completely comparable maps, scripts, physics, weapons, and gameplay.

For what it's worth, in my honest opinion, Soldat is an immortal one of a kind game.

Actually there was a Soldat clone, but I forgot the name. It must have faded out.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2009, 01:42:42 pm »
How many commerical games care about the community's input?
A lot. :/ It's non-commercial games that don't always care about community input. Commercial games do care, in order to keep themselves alive.
Soldat, however, doesn't seem to be one of those games anymore. :|
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:54:47 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2009, 04:08:16 pm »
Soldat is also becoming less active because, just look at the new games coming out in 2010. I've heard like 5 new mmorpg's coming out in Early 2010. And these games have way more better graphic's, gameplay, more fun, trying worthy.

The thing is why soldat is active because it's a old game. People who first tried it are most likely still playing, but I don't think people who play better games, would just play Soldat. :). This game is old, and will never be active as it was before. and since MM has no interest in it anymore, it will only be worser then worse. :). that's just the pointers.

Just play this game while it's still fun for now and a bit active. But afterall school just started soo maybe any changes soon, or if a better soldat version would come out -.-. What will probably take another 2 years.

bah =.= no more tips. get over it already guys. Soldat is 2d most likely not wanted by real gamers :)

-DutchyFlamey
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2009, 04:26:18 pm »
Soldat is also becoming less active because, just look at the new games coming out in 2010. I've heard like 5 new mmorpg's coming out in Early 2010. And these games have way more better graphic's, gameplay, more fun, trying worthy.
Soldat has nothing to do with MMOs or any other games because it's unique. More fun gameplay? I doubt it. Even some modern games don't have gameplay nearly as interesting as Soldat's.
But I see your point. Every time I told someone about Soldat - they tried it and gave up. Almost every person complained about enormous amount of bugs, about how hard it is to get used to, poor graphics, hackers. It needs to be more presentable for general audience, not just hardcore gamers.

Soldat is 2d most likely not wanted by real gamers :)
Define "real gamers".. I think real gamers are the one who really value this game. Real gamers value gameplay, not graphics. And gameplay is what Soldat has at a very good level.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2009, 04:38:15 pm »

The thing is why soldat is active because it's a old game. People who first tried it are most likely still playing, but I don't think people who play better games, would just play Soldat. :). This game is old, and will never be active as it was before. and since MM has no interest in it anymore, it will only be worser then worse. :). that's just the pointers.

Indeed, Meteorisch you can't say a game has "awesome" gameplay if it's not even out yet. New games are not necessarily better than Soldat. Gameplay is the main thing that keeps Soldat kickin'.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2009, 07:00:05 pm »
I was playing Soldat two days after I brough callofduty mw/waw. aoe3. ut3. c&c tiberian wars (or whatevz), oblivion........

when someone sees me playing Soldat, they laugh and call me a f*g!

i nearly got one of my friends playing... but he sucked and kept getting pwnt so gave up!

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #249 on: August 29, 2009, 07:29:07 pm »
Ehm Real Gamers actually do play for the graphic's and the gameplay. You think playing games like warcraft I or II is actually cool? It's so ugly i wouldn't even watch a movie of it.

Soldat is different ofcourse just because of the characters and shooting style. There are not much games like this one. But still if people see me playing soldat and not even in fullscreen, it really looks like a failure kiddo game. No one likes it behind my back. Some friends of my even say: you can count the pixels :P for fun. hehe :P

I just play soldat for fun and not for any other thing, i somehow got addicted to it, and cant let it go !? weird isnt it. Well i can let it go, just by running away from my house.

And more games coming out actually does makes difference. People will be trying to play those, and are much more ranked ^^. And i know what the graphics and gameplay is of that games. Maybe watch trailers ><. just like Diablo III coming out so awesome will definitely play that shizzle.

More guys discuss... what do ya think about soldat, is it even possible to revive? ever considered that?
So far as i know it's not really going to the graveyard. mIRC is full of active players, but the lobby is empty as hell :D idc miRC is the basic thing to play for me, gathers > much more fun :).

Soldat is just alive just because of the players that ever met soldat, kept playing, and i don't really see any much newcommers.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 07:34:50 pm by Meteorisch »
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2009, 07:44:52 pm »
Real gamers are giving me laughs all the time. It's such a geeky term.

ALSO there's nothing cool in playing vidya games. Only if your gang is full of people who play them but they are not cool either sorry.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 04:50:42 am by Dusty »

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #251 on: August 29, 2009, 08:58:44 pm »
It's confirmed.

Soldat WILL die soon!

A certain hacker is spamming his links in certain places!

Just played against 4-5 of them!

No one cares anymore. We had like 10 games, and no body kicked them!

I'm nearly ready to stop playing!

EDIT: I'm not going into specific details, so I don't think I'm breaking the rules.
- Just followed one of the links, and one had well over 6000 d/ls!
REALLY? No one hacks in this server? I'm sorry, I just get carried away sometimes! LMAO!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:10:27 pm by F4||3N »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #252 on: August 29, 2009, 09:29:31 pm »
Ehm Real Gamers actually do play for the graphic's and the gameplay. You think playing games like warcraft I or II is actually cool? It's so ugly i wouldn't even watch a movie of it.
Is that a fact, or you just assume so because you play for graphics and gameplay?
But still if people see me playing soldat and not even in fullscreen, it really looks like a failure kiddo game. No one likes it behind my back. Some friends of my even say: you can count the pixels  for fun. hehe
"If I listen to pop music my friends will call me a ***. So I listen to hard rock and hip-hop like everyone else" - this is what it sounds like.

Old games have much more than meets the eye. If you look beyond crappy graphics - you'll find that old games have unique style and charm that none of the new games have. People still play games like Mario, Diablo, Quake and there's no shame in it.

*is currently playing good ol' NES and SNES games*

It's confirmed.

Soldat WILL die soon!

A certain hacker is spamming his links in certain places!

Just played against 4-5 of them!

No one cares anymore. We had like 10 games, and no body kicked them!

EDIT: I'm not going into specific details, so I don't think I'm breaking the rules.
- Just followed one of the links, and one had well over 6000 d/ls!
REALLY? No one hacks in this server? I'm sorry, I just get carried away sometimes! LMAO!
Gee, calm down, drama mama. Hackers always were and still are. It's not related to "Soldat dying" in any way. It's because BattlEye developer doesn't feel like updating his anti-cheat for Soldat. Nobody screamed that Soldat was dying in 1.3, when there were way more hackers than now.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:33:26 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #253 on: August 30, 2009, 11:37:56 am »
Ehm Real Gamers actually do play for the graphic's and the gameplay.
Huh? Real Gamers play for fun, competition and atmosphere. Graphic gets pimped out by imagination.
After some hours of playing you don't see anymore you feel it...

:D

It's because BattlEye developer doesn't feel like updating his anti-cheat for Soldat.
Read this.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #254 on: August 30, 2009, 11:42:51 am »

Got that, miketh? He is absolutely right!

Offline hkayak

• Major(1)
« Reply #255 on: August 30, 2009, 12:34:45 pm »

Hell yea! mafucka

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #256 on: August 30, 2009, 12:51:09 pm »

Hell yea! maf**ka

User warned for this post.

And thanks Ragnaros. ;)
There are other worlds than these

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #257 on: August 30, 2009, 04:27:54 pm »
just let soldat die, it's CRAP. no netcode no game engine there's nothing. LET IT DIE.

MM also wants soldat to die, I think he've clearly stated that a few times.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #258 on: August 30, 2009, 05:06:18 pm »
Amen to that.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #259 on: August 30, 2009, 06:45:47 pm »
Possible reasons why Soldat is dieing:
- People with windows 98 cannot play anymore
- Soldat 1.5 had some bugs which
 a) annoyed people so that they stopped playing
 b) made it impossible for some people to play
- People get older and have less/no time for playing Soldat and there are not many new players joining
- Soldat gets less attention by MM so fanboys have less motivation to play it (yeah kidding)

These reasons are not facts but my personal impression.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod