Author Topic: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?  (Read 110991 times)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?
« Reply #260 on: August 30, 2009, 08:54:10 pm »
Do you really feel that many people still use Windows 98?
There are other worlds than these

Offline AntiHero

• Camper
  • INF all the way!
    • TheAllStarsClan Site
« Reply #261 on: August 30, 2009, 08:54:55 pm »
Alright when I say to advertise I don't mean to freaking spam I mean just say "OH hai guy just found a awesome game called soldat you guys should play it ha ha :D!"
Infiltration|Veterinarian

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #262 on: August 31, 2009, 02:05:16 am »
Amen to that.
haha, just because you're not welcome in to the aussie community :D scrub :D

just let soldat die, it's CRAP. no netcode no game engine there's nothing. LET IT DIE.

MM also wants soldat to die, I think he've clearly stated that a few times.
Ahhhh, yeah, coool. I've never seen MM say "I want soldat dead" so what the hell are you going on about? Got any source from where your vital information has came from?
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #263 on: August 31, 2009, 02:50:19 am »
Do you really feel that many people still use Windows 98?

One of the computers that helps to run a SEM where I work uses Windows 3.1.

Beat that.  I dare you.

SEM = scanning electron microscope = google it

Not really to the point here, but it is to the point that people do make use of outdated media when and where they can get it.  As for the death of Soldat, I think as long as the game is vigorously advertised and people continue to host servers things will be well and good.  That and some changes to the way things get done, to put things on an ambiguous note.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:56:45 am by The Geologist »
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline InoX

• Major(1)
« Reply #264 on: August 31, 2009, 08:37:31 am »
Weapons mods and scripts killed public server scene

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #265 on: August 31, 2009, 09:20:52 am »
thats true
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #266 on: August 31, 2009, 09:28:33 am »
That's bullshits, without the scripts pubs would be dead long time ago. It's the script engine that keeps people playing at pubs.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #267 on: August 31, 2009, 10:17:21 am »
Wow that's a unfounded comment if I've ever seen one, I mean really go to the lobby, the full servers are the ones with weapon mods and scripts.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #268 on: August 31, 2009, 11:10:15 am »
Amen to that.

just let soldat die, it's CRAP. no netcode no game engine there's nothing. LET IT DIE.

Ahhhh, yeah, coool. I've never seen MM say "I want soldat dead" so what the hell are you going on about? Got any source from where your vital information has came from?
Boots, you're ignorant tard (who would want to be a part of the aussie community lol?). having a 15 year old brat as the only developer is exactly as saying "I want this game to die". especially if that coder barely can code at all, like enesce.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #269 on: August 31, 2009, 11:37:02 am »
Amen to that.

Boots, you're ignorant tard (who would want to be a part of the aussie community lol?). having a 15 year old brat as the only developer is exactly as saying "I want this game to die". especially if that coder barely can code at all, like enesce.

Well, the point is, he is trying! I would be so frustrated with everyone breathing down my back and critizing me all the time, if I were enesce, I would just give up. As you said, he is only 15, he still has to learn, but it's amazing that he knows at least a little coding at that age. When he grows he will be better and better. Everything relies on practice. I don't care if soldat has 30 lines of code as an engine. It still has good gameplay! That's what matters, at least remove most bugs, then we will be happy, and you can tell enesce to give up, because if he trys more he will break it again.

You know what I say to MM? Release beserker and/or link-dead, THEN you can say let Soldat die, providing they are better than Soldat. I would still like him to make Soldat 2, when Link dead and berserker are finished and all bugs worked out.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #270 on: August 31, 2009, 11:43:15 am »
Tribes.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #271 on: August 31, 2009, 12:01:39 pm »
enesce is like 20 or something.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #272 on: August 31, 2009, 01:37:07 pm »
Oh my Major you're still here. I suggest you to find something better to do honestly mang. First you bash Soldat and then you spent x amount of time to create a HOW TO PLAY GUIDE that's just hilarious.

As for EnEsCe being bad in coding - no he's not. Of course he could do things better, but it's not about coding. Methinks he should spend more time with the community and listen more to our opinion than his own. He should also take a look at MM his PR things, especially the twitter part.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #273 on: August 31, 2009, 01:57:06 pm »
Obviously almost noone noticed that 1.5 was made only by eC, and noone else, which is really good for one person.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #274 on: August 31, 2009, 01:58:04 pm »
You should remember that it wasn't built from a scratch, most of it is still done by MM. 1.5 wasn't that good anyway.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #275 on: August 31, 2009, 02:34:28 pm »
Oh my Major you're still here. I suggest you to find something better to do honestly mang. First you bash Soldat and then you spent x amount of time to create a HOW TO PLAY GUIDE that's just hilarious.
lol, I pretty much was annoyed at noobs, so I thought it would help them a bit (since only like 20% of irc players knows how to info, and like 5% how to use teamplay). also because it's kinda fun to use sony vegas and listen trough music~(and it didn't take too many hours >:(.).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:36:02 pm by -Major- »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #276 on: August 31, 2009, 02:35:46 pm »
ok~~~~~

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #277 on: August 31, 2009, 02:38:22 pm »
You guys do know that MM started the project known now as soldat when he was, what, 16? Give EnEsCe a break, forgive him his mistakes and help him out instead of busting his balls.
b&

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #278 on: August 31, 2009, 02:46:04 pm »
You guys do know that MM started the project known now as soldat when he was, what, 16? Give EnEsCe a break, forgive him his mistakes and help him out instead of busting his balls.
:D?

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #279 on: August 31, 2009, 02:59:21 pm »

from what i've heard, he is rejecting any help and trying to work by himself only (and at the same time people are saying "come on, he's only one, doing entire game!", thats just ridiculous). 1.5 is messed up, i dont see any fixes for major bugs, enesce is cut out from the community after doing some epic swindling around soldat. And you are amazed people react on it? If he gave up, someone else would take his place, how can you know it wouldn't better that way? I think he should just stick to server renting, cause he's doing it good, but doesn't seem reliable when it comes to running such a big project like Soldat. And it's not only about coding.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens