Author Topic: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?  (Read 111000 times)

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
Re: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?
« Reply #420 on: January 03, 2011, 04:35:25 pm »
I believe it. It sounds unreasonable that Soldat is still one of MM 's main "source of income" and he does not want to develop it anymore. He's just focusing on his new source of income, then he can do some maintenance on his other assets...
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #421 on: January 03, 2011, 08:49:12 pm »
Lol, if this is true we could have Soldat 2 v1.0 in about 8-9 years! How cool is that?!?! [retard]
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #422 on: January 04, 2011, 08:36:48 am »
Lol, if this is true we could have Soldat 2 v1.0 in about 8-9 years! How cool is that?!?! [retard]

Yeah, I'll have something to do at my company desk!
b&

Offline Foxconn

• Major
  • Common sense abandoned me.
« Reply #423 on: January 04, 2011, 08:55:48 am »

No, Soldat 2 v1.0 will come when Gaben releases Episode 3 ;D

Offline zwangmedico

• Major(1)
« Reply #424 on: January 17, 2011, 06:57:15 am »
Soldat is much successful and strong than Link-Dead.

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #425 on: January 17, 2011, 08:27:36 am »
Link-deads only problem is yet, that it's a bit too slow.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #426 on: February 14, 2011, 11:11:27 am »
Link-Dead is in my opinion C**P! its a game like:
soldat but you cant fly....
it got 10x better graphic then soldat it will lag on the pc of some people ( include my :( )
and it is slow? you move like in soldat when ducked...
i think MM should focus back on soldat and make some big changes AND THATS NOT!!! +1dmg and -1acc !!!
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #427 on: February 14, 2011, 11:21:17 am »
I hate people talking out of their asses.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #428 on: February 14, 2011, 12:38:01 pm »
I hate people talking out of their asses.

oh the irony
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #429 on: February 14, 2011, 01:28:47 pm »
how can you judge about LD if you obviously don´t have any clue of it ?
You say its crap cause you are angry that MM is currently focusing on IT and not on SOLDAT. thats all.

Have a closer look on the things and stop posting nonsense.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #430 on: February 14, 2011, 05:16:04 pm »
You say its crap cause you are angry that MM is currently focusing on IT and not on SOLDAT. thats all.

read it again i said "in my opinion" so stfu
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #431 on: February 14, 2011, 05:24:35 pm »

who gave you the permission to build an opinion ? it´s not an excuse to say that it´s YOUR opinion.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #432 on: February 14, 2011, 05:28:19 pm »

who gave you the permission to build an opinion ? it´s not an excuse to say that it´s YOUR opinion.

Yes it is. and don't behave like a moderator if they think its not good they will delete my post or do what they want so don't spam and lame anymore
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:29:51 pm by SoldatFire »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #433 on: February 14, 2011, 05:30:53 pm »
An opinion should be based on experience, and not on assumptions. You lack experience.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #434 on: February 14, 2011, 05:33:06 pm »
wow you now that  ;D  haha..

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #435 on: February 15, 2011, 02:58:05 am »
This is the Soldat Talk forum. So shaddup.

In my view, Soldat is not dying (atm). Sure, it's not as big as it used to be, but we have a dev team that is working on it all.
I agree that the game has many flaws from the years of changing and adding things, but it's to be expected (I also agree that making a cloned re-write might be the best option).

Soldat needs a new GUI in my opinion, because some who download it get confused by the system (which, lets face it, is from aagges ago) and so don't play again. The thing also needs some decent advertising - get it into shops? (bundled with mods, mapmaker tools, registered)... etc.

I don't like seeing people going uuuh soldat is dying, when neither them, or really anyone else is doing anything about it.
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #436 on: March 02, 2011, 03:17:34 pm »
This is the Soldat Talk forum. So shaddup.

In my view, Soldat is not dying (atm). Sure, it's not as big as it used to be, but we have a dev team that is working on it all.
I agree that the game has many flaws from the years of changing and adding things, but it's to be expected (I also agree that making a cloned re-write might be the best option).

Soldat needs a new GUI in my opinion, because some who download it get confused by the system (which, lets face it, is from aagges ago) and so don't play again. The thing also needs some decent advertising - get it into shops? (bundled with mods, mapmaker tools, registered)... etc.

I don't like seeing people going uuuh soldat is dying, when neither them, or really anyone else is doing anything about it.

Not dying!!! ok then im simply blind or totaly stupid to see that every day there are less and less players online the servers closes and the player goes to other and new games!
Cause it is at 90% the same game like before 5 years...

And the GUI should stay 4ever soo!!! if someone downloads a game he isn't going to let it fall in 10 seconds cause of the GUI

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #437 on: March 03, 2011, 12:31:40 pm »
Why is this thread still relevant? Lock please.

Soldat isn't dying. Things simply changed. When the game started out, it could run smooth on the average pc of the day and from 2002 to 2005 not many had all powerful gaming rigs to handle the lastest games. Plus that time was a transition stage - most didn't need a new computer yet. Even an old pos running windows 98 could still be used. Since then, some left to move onto other games or they just grew out of Soldat and development was passed on to Enesce.

But, you have to remember, that most who play or have played Soldat are/were a pretty dedicated group. The game is still being played almost 9 years later. 9 years!!!

Now we have a dedicated team bringing Soldat back to the way it used to be and dedicated to killing bugs. I like most, am waiting for a stable renewed Soldat. I still enjoy the game currently and always will, but like many Soldateers, I'm also an adult and busy, so at the moment, I'm barely online. And speaking of adults.. many who were teens and playing Soldat in its heyday are now also adults and also busy with school, relationships and work.

So lock this or let this bloody thread die, relax, hit the servers, play a round.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:33:30 pm by Snow »
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline Foxconn

• Major
  • Common sense abandoned me.
« Reply #438 on: March 03, 2011, 12:38:02 pm »
Cause it is at 90% the same game like before 5 years...

We still need those 10%.

Offline mtk

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #439 on: March 03, 2011, 04:43:12 pm »
soldat is dying