Author Topic: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?  (Read 50161 times)

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
Re: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?
« Reply #440 on: March 03, 2011, 05:01:09 pm »
Related to the topic name:

Slam on your face with a hammer and ask yourself how old this game is, and that many games don't even reach this age rofl.
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #441 on: March 03, 2011, 05:23:29 pm »
Well, it may not be dying, but it sure as hell is going into hibernation...
b&

Offline sneakers8b

• Major(1)
« Reply #442 on: January 10, 2017, 08:43:09 am »

Actually there was a Soldat clone, but I forgot the name. It must have faded out.
[/quote]

Yeah it was called Crash Commando for the PS3

Offline ex0ne

• Major(1)
« Reply #443 on: February 05, 2017, 02:13:40 pm »
I just found my way back to this lovely game. I was a regular player back in 1.0.5 (OMG :O ) and played a little into 1.1.5.
It's so sad that this game is dying, it's such a great game with good gameplay.
I'm gonna advertise this game and try to get some more players, however I can!

Offline firildak

• Major(1)
« Reply #444 on: February 18, 2017, 03:42:36 pm »
Because the population is now thin, there are no local communities like there were before (like in TR).

I could advise creating a new gather channel where unskilled players do not get cussed and mocked all the time, and advertising it from the main webpage and the game's opening screen. It would be a plus, if there was a direct browser page where people could join gathers and idle.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #445 on: Yesterday at 05:24:11 pm »
I could advise creating a new gather channel where unskilled players do not get cussed and mocked all the time, and advertising it from the main webpage and the game's opening screen. It would be a plus, if there was a direct browser page where people could join gathers and idle.
Unfortunately, I hardly see that work. There's no way to ensure that the skill of players joining these gathers is the somewhat the same. Yea, there's a great difference between publics and gather but new gather channel won't lower this difference.

The best solution would be to have a matchmaking like it is done in the most multiplayer games. Unfortunately, we need many more players in order to have it work correctly.