Author Topic: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?  (Read 110990 times)

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
Re: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?
« Reply #440 on: March 03, 2011, 05:01:09 pm »
Related to the topic name:

Slam on your face with a hammer and ask yourself how old this game is, and that many games don't even reach this age rofl.
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #441 on: March 03, 2011, 05:23:29 pm »
Well, it may not be dying, but it sure as hell is going into hibernation...
b&

Offline sneakers8b

• Major(1)
« Reply #442 on: January 10, 2017, 08:43:09 am »

Actually there was a Soldat clone, but I forgot the name. It must have faded out.
[/quote]

Yeah it was called Crash Commando for the PS3

Offline ex0ne

• Major(1)
« Reply #443 on: February 05, 2017, 02:13:40 pm »
I just found my way back to this lovely game. I was a regular player back in 1.0.5 (OMG :O ) and played a little into 1.1.5.
It's so sad that this game is dying, it's such a great game with good gameplay.
I'm gonna advertise this game and try to get some more players, however I can!

Offline firildak

• Major(1)
« Reply #444 on: February 18, 2017, 03:42:36 pm »
Because the population is now thin, there are no local communities like there were before (like in TR).

I could advise creating a new gather channel where unskilled players do not get cussed and mocked all the time, and advertising it from the main webpage and the game's opening screen. It would be a plus, if there was a direct browser page where people could join gathers and idle.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #445 on: February 20, 2017, 05:24:11 pm »
I could advise creating a new gather channel where unskilled players do not get cussed and mocked all the time, and advertising it from the main webpage and the game's opening screen. It would be a plus, if there was a direct browser page where people could join gathers and idle.
Unfortunately, I hardly see that work. There's no way to ensure that the skill of players joining these gathers is the somewhat the same. Yea, there's a great difference between publics and gather but new gather channel won't lower this difference.

The best solution would be to have a matchmaking like it is done in the most multiplayer games. Unfortunately, we need many more players in order to have it work correctly.

Offline whitdemon

• Major(1)
« Reply #446 on: February 22, 2017, 07:59:03 am »
easy fix, release on steam
In the end there can be only one!!!

used to play as MoX[PT]

Offline Body

• Major(1)
« Reply #447 on: February 22, 2017, 08:53:27 am »
Hello all!
I just downloaded Soldat, and registered on this forum. Just to say, that i want this game to be as popular as it was back then in 2006-9.
I could say, that im a Soldat veteran, played it like 8 years ago, and i just want to go back to it sometimes, throw some knives, shot some rockets. But, what the hell ? It's like 20 people on all servers. That's of course very sad.

Hope the game will get some attention back soon. The crazy steam idea, is actually not so bad. A classic shooter, for free, awakening some old memories. Make some premium content, for some cash, make profit and dev it more.

That all is in your hands, i just want to say, that i would love to spend some $ (either via some donates, or via steam) to provide support.

Sorry, for all my typing mistakes.
Greetings to all devs out there, and all member of the community !

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #448 on: February 22, 2017, 09:30:30 am »
Hi,

what the hell ? It's like 20 people on all servers. That's of course very sad.
Tell your pals to play with ya.

i would love to spend some $ (either via some donates, or via steam) to provide support.
You may always register (if you didn't do that yet). I don't know yet how much of this money goes to the actual devs instead of MM/TH...

Offline P

• Major(1)
« Reply #449 on: March 17, 2017, 10:58:11 am »
lack of advertisement

also anyone who accidentally downloads soldat is greeted by a small, toxic community, instantly getting killed in his base right before getting votekicked for being useless

Offline paintZoom

• Major
« Reply #450 on: March 20, 2017, 07:51:48 pm »
lack of advertisement

also anyone who accidentally downloads soldat is greeted by a small, toxic community, instantly getting killed in his base right before getting votekicked for being useless
this happens on most games xD (ive been there)
besides when you start playing a new game you are gonna suck always so deal with it .. the fact that u cant hit a thing and your usefulness are unimportant to have fun .. i mean u can be a madpsychoninjaskillZ and still be dead bored killing everyone.. so try having fun with the votekicks argue if u can xD so u dont get kicked or toy with the fat pr0 playerz if u cant kill them .game is to have fun time not to rage at (unless u like that..  [pigtail])

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #451 on: March 22, 2017, 06:01:46 pm »
lack of advertisement
Well, there's no money for that. You may always bully your friends to play Soldat though.

Toxic players in games isn't really a thing you can fix. Also, servers in Soldat are ran privately. There are no official publics where you could possibly expect "nice people" only because "the bad guys" are banned.

Yet, it would be nice to have some day a matchmaking that would group together newfags so they're all useless together. That would be helpful for this issue.

Offline NiCeShOoT|GuY

• Major(1)
« Reply #452 on: June 22, 2017, 02:49:23 am »
Putting this game on steam is a really good idea,
pls figure a way to fund the publication.
Money matters a lot ;D ;D $$$$$$$$$$$

Make use of YouTube.
a.make a clip about the most popular one shot server
b.recreate player tutorial in the form of video
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:32:10 am by NiCeShOoT|GuY »

Offline qqqqqqq

• Major(1)
« Reply #453 on: June 22, 2017, 05:46:05 pm »
both zabijaka and austral ctf servers have a ridiculous ~1 second respawn time and cycle tiny maps. because nothing else tends to be active I play there sometimes but they really don't have functional settings for playing objective oriented soldat. I don't know if the issue is better servers not existing or people not joining those but it really needs to be addressed.

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #454 on: June 24, 2017, 06:43:10 pm »
Free soldat on Steam is a good idea
Make love, not war.