Author Topic: Team ESP for registered users.  (Read 10145 times)

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Re: Team ESP for registered users.
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 01:16:43 am »
Well, some people are stupid enough to be cannon fodder, miketh2005...
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 07:35:04 am »
You know you could add "health bars" on top of character sprites to show health condition, for those who just can't see blood.

= Insta ban.

In SCTFL maybe.

You know you could add "health bars" on top of character sprites to show health condition, for those who just can't see blood.

But certainly a full ESP is much more useful.

how?

I have not done it, but I know it can be done, and it has been done in some mods.

How is it against the forum rules? It's not a hack per se.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:46:00 am by excruciator »
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 08:01:13 am »
It's the same as telling people how to remove your scenery to spot campers. Unfair advantage.

= Insta ban.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 09:06:30 am »
That is a hack. It comes with some hacks. That picture is of someone hacking. So, if it is made into a feature, that means a hack has become part of soldat. And as for team mates only? If it works I would use it
how do you know so much about hacking? :p
ANYONE who was part of a clan in 1.3 will know about most hacks. This is because people spread ALOT of rumors about my clan because we were the best. So after a while everyone knew about most hacks, they were told of them so they could spot them, another reason for this is because ther was no BattleEye in 1.3

Dusty:
By saying that about scenery shouldn't you be banned? You have jsut given everyone the idea of trying to do it....

OT:I think it should be put in, but optional like sniper line

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 09:54:38 am »
It's the same as telling people how to remove your scenery to spot campers. Unfair advantage.

= Insta ban.
The suggestion makes it such that it only works for teammates, so it isn't really much of an unfair advantage, just checking the status of your friends in a more convenient/advanced way than looking at the presence of blood on their bodies and pointing your cursor directly at them. If you can see campers, you're seeing your own teammates camping, that's it. Removing scenery is a different story, which is genuinely unfair.

Still, I really think it is useless, but if ever implemented, should be 100% optional, because I do not want to see extra bars clogging up my view. Good communication (with mics) as seen in gathers/clanwars is better or good enough.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 09:56:43 am by STM1993 »

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 04:26:36 pm »

= Insta ban.
The suggestion makes it such that it only works for teammates, so it isn't really much of an unfair advantage, just checking the status of your friends in a more convenient/advanced way than looking at the presence of blood on their bodies and pointing your cursor directly at them. If you can see campers, you're seeing your own teammates camping, that's it. Removing scenery is a different story, which is genuinely unfair.

Still, I really think it is useless, but if ever implemented, should be 100% optional, because I do not want to see extra bars clogging up my view. Good communication (with mics) as seen in gathers/clanwars is better or good enough.

Of course, but not all people just play gathers, like you :P
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 05:55:59 pm »

= Insta ban.

Of course, but not all people just play gathers, like you :P
Dusty don't play at all :|

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 06:15:52 pm »
True dat mang, no play since summer of '69.

= Insta ban.

I think I understood the suggestion wrong, since I was going about modding the files so that a health bar would appear on every player.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 06:18:39 pm by Dusty »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 03:53:03 pm »
*continued from this post: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=7292.msg434473#msg434473*

So you can see every single teammate at the same time, WHILE accurately seeing what gun they have, remembering how much ammo that gun has AND how long they have been shooting? You must be God.
It seems I am.
I dont look at anything specific. I just pick out "small blue things" around the screen and assume they're teammates. If that "blue thing" has "small white thing" - it's teammate with DEs. If it's a "long grey thing" - it's a Barrett. If it's a "long grey thing" and teammate runs around a lot - it's a noob with Barrett.
And it's even easier to see when your teammate starts shooting. Theres no need to actually stare at every teammate and what he's holding.

And I dont count bullets my teammates shoot, but it's still obvious you can't fire Steyr for 5 seconds non-stop. I do remember approximately how long you can fire each gun and I doubt it'll be much of a problem for other players too.

Health bars:
If your teammate is bleeding - regardless of what gun he's using he still needs help. If he's not bleeding - you shouldn't bother yourself with his health. He still has enough time and HP, so it's his responsibility to go find a medkit or risk being attacked while only 50% alive. 
IMO that's all you need to know about your teammate's health.

My main concern is that health bars in an old-school shooter will hurt Soldat's visual style (it's a shooter, not an RTS..). Most shooters do just fine without ANY indication of players' health. It's already great that in Soldat injured players bleed.

Ammo bars:
Like I've said before, an average player should already know that you can't fire Steyr for 5 seconds straight, that AK and Minimi can fire for much longer, that Ruger only has 4 bullets, that Barrett, M79 and LAW are one-shots, etc.
Some guns fire/reload faster than others, which makes it even more confusing if your teammate really is low on ammo. 40% for Barrett is fine, while for steyr it's suicide. Steyr, however, reloads very fast. Worry about YOUR ammo, and let teammates worry about theirs.

Names:
Perhaps as a feature separate from ESP (mainly to easily see "whos that speedhacking noob with pink pants? I can't see his name - he moves too fast") it would be more useful. Otherwise it'll only trash the screen and distract while not being very useful.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 05:21:36 pm »

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 05:23:54 pm »
I think it was F11'd enough times.
But i am voting an ALT+F4 this time.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 06:36:31 pm »
What I don't understand is why are you F11ing when it would be optional and the server can turn it off if they wanted to?(automatically off when soldat is installed, has to be turned on) What's the difference between this and minimap? Minimap covers the screen even more than this would.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 06:53:33 pm »
Even if it is an option, it doesn't mean it will be used or be a useful feature. The conventional ones work well enough as L[one]r said.

Look at the lobby chat for instance. What's the point of adding tonnes of pointless features if they aren't going to be used anyway? Even if it is used, is it really that useful/important?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:56:36 pm by STM1993 »

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 03:21:15 pm »
Just an honest question about that photo. Either A that's you?, or B you found it on the web? Because there's no way of knowing if someone as esp...

F11. Makes game to easy. Yes I know I said I would use it but I just don't think its gonna be put in. You don't see it in other major shooters do you? Maybe an option to view teammate names without need to put your cursor over them

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 04:21:41 pm »
It was on a hacking forum to show off his ESP hack. Gave me an idea to make this topic.

There are LOADS of games that have ESP in it. You can say the same about minimap.

Offline CrayAB

• Soldier
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 05:50:14 pm »
No. Stupid idea. F11.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 12:43:13 am »
Just loose thought: how about admin ESP?
Anyway I don't like the whole idea of hack getting implemented into my lovely soldat.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 01:18:38 pm »
why dont we add in an aimbot while were at it... optional of course!
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 01:22:57 pm »
You guys are soooo ignorant. What, do you think minimap was enesce's or MM's idea? Noooo, it was ORIGINALLY a hack, called a radar.

Radar = You see all players and where they are including enemies.

Minimap = You only see your friendlies.

ESP Hack = You see all players and where they are including enemies.

ESP for registered users = You only see your friendlies.

Aimbot is giving 1 player an advantage over another. This isn't because you can only see your teammate's. Same as minimap.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 01:34:06 pm »
You're pretty much the only one who likes the idea. You don't really need to know how many bullets does your mate have, neither do you have to see his health-bar since you can already see if he's weak.

Get over it already.