Poll

Who is your least favourite moderator/administrator?

FliesLikeABrick
5 (4.5%)
The Geologist
8 (7.3%)
chrisgbk
0 (0%)
jrgp
21 (19.1%)
Lapis Lazuli
2 (1.8%)
Chakra
2 (1.8%)
Outcast
3 (2.7%)
JayBee
2 (1.8%)
Kazuki
2 (1.8%)
PapaSurf
2 (1.8%)
n00bface
1 (0.9%)
Demonic
7 (6.4%)
xurich
5 (4.5%)
Sethamundo
0 (0%)
VijchtiDoodah
3 (2.7%)
SDFilm
2 (1.8%)
mar77a
6 (5.5%)
Wraithlike
3 (2.7%)
Smegma
10 (9.1%)
echo_trail
11 (10%)
Keron Cyst
1 (0.9%)
Twistkill
1 (0.9%)
SadistAtHeart
1 (0.9%)
Suowarrior
3 (2.7%)
Espadon
9 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: Who is your least favourite moderator/administrator?  (Read 19061 times)

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
Re: Who is your least favourite moderator/administrator?
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2009, 01:54:44 am »
I don't really know what to say. :-/

-__-

Then get some experience and come back when you have something in your life worth talking about.

Okay, then. I'm just a 16 year old computer nerd/geek with nothing better to do than spend his days doing computer related things.

You aren't just a 16 year old who spends time on the computer. You have goals and desires, likes and dislikes. You have the makings of a complete package, all that's lacking are the actions that express those desires and bring you closer to your goals. So you do have something better to do and you'll be damned sure to get at least one good story out of it.

You don't spend your days on the computer because you have nothing better to do; you have nothing better to do because you spend your days on the computer. Get out and make the stuff of stories.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2009, 06:11:45 am »
You aren't just a 16 year old who spends time on the computer. You have goals and desires, likes and dislikes. You have the makings of a complete package, all that's lacking are the actions that express those desires and bring you closer to your goals. So you do have something better to do and you'll be damned sure to get at least one good story out of it.

You don't spend your days on the computer because you have nothing better to do; you have nothing better to do because you spend your days on the computer. Get out and make the stuff of stories.

Alright then, I hope my life goes as follows:

- I get out of high school and get into a good college, hopefully RPI/MIT/somewhere else awesome.
 - I spend the rest of my 20s getting laid and partying nonstop
 - I get married and have kids at ~30, like my dad and grandfather before him. It's interesting having exactly 30 years between each generation
 - Spend the rest of my life after dealing with that kinda like rms or linus torvalds, traveling the world and advocating free software.

And become a very wealthy software developer somewhere in between.

My likes:
 - Junk food
 - Red bull
 - Brunettes
 - UNIX
 - Live Music
 - strip clubs
 - movies
There are other worlds than these

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2009, 12:40:53 pm »
Brunettes? jrgp you disappoint me.
b&

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2009, 01:37:59 pm »
Brunettes? jrgp you disappoint me.

what, would you rather I said red heads or blondes?

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2009, 03:17:16 pm »
Mmmmm...brunettes <3

And strip clubs. :)
The only strip club I've ever been to was a gay bar on drag night. Never let your gay friends choose the party destination.

By the way, I don't expect your long-term goals to severely effect your day-to-day life. I'm talking about short-term goals as in "Gosh, I wish I was in better shape. I suppose I've always wanted to try surfing, and that gets you into shape..." or "I wish I was a bit more of an intellectual and I love reading, so why not pick out some random books from the Western canon and have at it?"

Vague improvements to your life that can be satisfied in a multitude of ways work well because anything you choose simultaneously betters you and fills your life with richer experiences.

And how do you expect to be laid nonstop in your 20s if you don't have any interesting stories to tell? Will you woo one girl or thirty by explaining your love of Unix? How do you expect to hold a conversation with a variety of people at a party if the only subject matter you're familiar with is computer programming? Why not learn to do these things now and get the partying and girl-laying underway while studying for school?

Then again, I just want interesting stories from you. I think it would make you a more interesting person, but that may not necessarily be what makes you happy. Don't let me force anything on you that isn't in your character.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2009, 09:22:33 pm »
This vote must mean something though.

After all, this is the most compelling thread of 2009 on the forums.

This man tells the truth here.

My likes:
 - Junk food
 - Red bull
 - Brunettes
 - UNIX
 - Live Music
 - strip clubs
 - movies

This list is a perfect example of your naive persona that I detest. The fact that you've put 'strip clubs' on there, seemingly without any sense of irony. I'm very certain you've never been to one, and believe me, they're not cool in any way. If you have, then in all truth that's even worse.

It's like you've made a list of things you like and added 'live music' and 'strip clubs' to it. Honestly, I lose hope in humanity when I see an operating system on a list of things someone likes.

Seriously.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:27:30 pm by Mangled* »
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2009, 09:51:14 pm »
This popped in meh brain. Take it as you will.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2009, 11:10:31 pm »
And how do you expect to be laid nonstop in your 20s if you don't have any interesting stories to tell? Will you woo one girl or thirty by explaining your love of Unix?

You could always just lie.

How do you expect to hold a conversation with a variety of people at a party if the only subject matter you're familiar with is computer programming?

People at parties merely want to hear themselves speak, which is a good thing because most of the time its boring as shit. So all you really have to do is agree and sometimes throw in a meaningless point. Most people aren't even worth listening too, myself included.

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2009, 12:03:30 am »
Vijcht, you should know better than anyone that personality is something that develops over time. In some people, it develops during puberty. In others, it won't be fully developed until their early 20s. Over time, jrgp will build up confidence. He will begin to discover the specific kinds of movies he likes, what he finds enjoyable in a woman (his penis olololo), etc. However, you really can't force that kind of thing out of somebody. Especially not over the internet.

The way that people interpret me over the internet is quite different from how they interpret me in person. I may seem uptight, condescending, etc. while posting or chatting, but I'm actually a very laid back guy. I like sitting around and making stupid jokes to laugh at all the time, and I'm very easy to get along with. But I wouldn't have been able to tell you this three or four years ago.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2009, 12:08:11 am »
Amen.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2009, 01:59:37 am »
Vijcht, you should know better than anyone that personality is something that develops over time.

Quite the truism. But there are two problems with the "he'll get to it when he gets to it" argument: not everyone develops at the same rate and some don't develop the way they hope they do.

We've all met those lonely adults who still haven't seem to come out of their shell. You might argue that they don't care that little of substance has ever come of their lives -- and maybe they don't. Who am I to try to force an apathetic someone to see things my way? But this -- "I'm just a 16 year old computer nerd/geek with nothing better to do than spend his days doing computer related things." -- doesn't sound like someone who's content with where they are in life. Maybe he was being sarcastic and I misinterpreted it, but I don't think so.

At sixteen years old, jrgp has as little responsibility as he's ever going to have in his life. Now is the perfect time for him to create and cement the habits that will bring him joy for the rest of his life. You're right, it doesn't have to happen now; but if he wants to change and if I can make his life better by pushing him in the right direction, then that's what's best for him. I happen to think that the sooner he starts living life the way he wants to, the happier he'll be in the long run.

Honestly, though, I just want to hear some great stories and to know that jrgp is having fun, or at least getting an adrenaline rush from something. It's no fun sitting by as others rot in their chairs -- unless that's entirely what they want to do (have at it, if that's your thing).

However, you really can't force that kind of thing out of somebody. Especially not over the internet.

I'm not forcing it, I'm assisting it. And I can do it over the internet, if jrgp wants the help.

jrgp, do you enjoy the way your life is now? If you could, would you change? In other words, do you want my help or would you rather figure things out on your own? I have no stake in it -- your life is your life -- but I would like a little entertainment out of these damned forums.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2009, 07:31:36 am »
Something is screaming "reality tv" at me right now.

Let's catch the saga on webcam and then sell it online and then get r$ch.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2009, 08:34:08 am »
jrgp I thought you was the type who gets off at pink\green\blue hair ;d
b&

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2009, 10:45:22 am »
jrgp heres my advice

START WITH THE FUCKING HAIRCUT FOR GODS SAKE

you gotta start somewhere and i cant think of a better place to start than getting rid of that hair

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #174 on: September 23, 2009, 02:37:41 am »
Hehe, it seems like I wasn't mod/have been forgotten when the poll was created :).
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #175 on: September 23, 2009, 03:20:11 am »
who the hell are you

Player since late 2007

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #176 on: September 23, 2009, 04:08:27 am »
It's funny how big this forum is.
We are browsing and posting on different parts of the forums that's why you don't know me and that's why I don't know you either.

To answer your question I advice you to visit following page: http://wiki.soldat.nl/Shoozza
This might not be everything (I don't update it very often) but it should gives you a little overview about who I'm.
If you want to know just browse through my posts.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 04:10:37 am by Shoozza »
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #177 on: September 23, 2009, 04:40:00 am »
Tl;dr, Shoozza's one of the guys in the basement who gets to do real stuff, while the rest of us are left as the man-nurses of the insane asylum.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #178 on: September 23, 2009, 04:42:26 am »
Tl;dr, Shoozza's one of the guys in the basement who gets to do real stuff, while the rest of us are left as the man-nurses of the insane asylum.

Even me, with all the SF smf bugs I've tracked down and fixed and other various improvements/additions to the site?

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2009, 05:34:01 am »
No. You're the good doctor's aspiring young daughter.

(this post contains a jab at your HAIR.)