Poll

Who is your least favourite moderator/administrator?

FliesLikeABrick
5 (4.5%)
The Geologist
8 (7.3%)
chrisgbk
0 (0%)
jrgp
21 (19.1%)
Lapis Lazuli
2 (1.8%)
Chakra
2 (1.8%)
Outcast
3 (2.7%)
JayBee
2 (1.8%)
Kazuki
2 (1.8%)
PapaSurf
2 (1.8%)
n00bface
1 (0.9%)
Demonic
7 (6.4%)
xurich
5 (4.5%)
Sethamundo
0 (0%)
VijchtiDoodah
3 (2.7%)
SDFilm
2 (1.8%)
mar77a
6 (5.5%)
Wraithlike
3 (2.7%)
Smegma
10 (9.1%)
echo_trail
11 (10%)
Keron Cyst
1 (0.9%)
Twistkill
1 (0.9%)
SadistAtHeart
1 (0.9%)
Suowarrior
3 (2.7%)
Espadon
9 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: Who is your least favourite moderator/administrator?  (Read 22314 times)

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
Re: Who is your least favourite moderator/administrator?
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2009, 03:40:32 pm »
Wait...is the guy VijchtiDoodah (2 votes) that (ex) hobo...?

Yes.

I'm mildly surprised by some of these. Like Vij and Kazuki getting two.

It's not so strange. Even though neither of us moderates much these days, we've both had plenty of time to piss a few people off.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2009, 08:47:27 pm »
Like politicians, most have problems. Unlike politicians, they can't be voted out....

On a different thread, admin Kazuki told me essentially that the actions of admins here differ based on who the admin is that runs across something questionable. Some lash out, some ignore...

Kazuki: "If you're looking for complete fairness, I doubt you'll find it past the act of flipping a coin." "The unfair part here is that although I acknowledge how pointless and unnecessary [other user] most recent posts were, I'm not going to do anything about them, whereas another mod probably will."

Now my question is... why are there no moderation rules? It's a simple question. I mean, if I run a red light, and the cop pulls me over... that's fair. If I run a red light in a different town, and the other cop starts shooting at my car... that's not too fair. That analogy, while a bit extreme, does seem to fit here. If the police must follow proper conduct rules (called LAW), and most agree it's fair, then why not have general moderation rules to which all admins equally follow?

There's a reason why those statues outside of courthouses have blindfolds on. Personal opinion is not a factor in justice, or the law. Why should it be here?

That's basically my problem. You've been hearing about the Sotomayor hearings. One of the major complaints from her opposition is that they believe she'll rule on her opinion rather than the facts. So, why no moderation rubric?

Oh, and I'm just sure they'll love this post... I so eagerly await their acrid responses...

You want the rules applied equally across the board?  So be it.

You've been warned for instigating an argument that ultimately derailed the topic to which you were referring.  Originally I was going to let it slide, as I often to, because cracking down on people for every insult would just be too much.  But when you act like such an arse and go on the offensive at the drop of a hat, and then whine about the rules not being applied equally?  Please...give me a break. 

Anyhow, this is what you wished for.

Have a nice day.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2009, 09:00:58 pm »

It's not so strange. Even though neither of us moderates much these days, we've both had plenty of time to piss a few people off.
Not me <3
@ii

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2009, 09:14:01 pm »
some stuff

You want the rules applied equally across the board?  So be it.

You've been warned for instigating an argument that ultimately derailed the topic to which you were referring.  Originally I was going to let it slide, as I often to, because cracking down on people for every insult would just be too much.  But when you act like such an arse and go on the offensive at the drop of a hat, and then whine about the rules not being applied equally?  Please...give me a break. 

Anyhow, this is what you wished for.

Have a nice day.

What he didn't understand, is that we're not judges; We're executioners.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2009, 09:16:19 pm »
Oh yea, I forgot.

I guess my hood is at the cleaners.

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2009, 09:41:04 pm »
I voted Geo, because looking like Jesus is not politically correct, and you can't make a functioning girl out of rocks.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:06:08 pm by Rai-Dei »

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2009, 10:05:26 pm »
Someone had to.  I'm glad it was you.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2009, 10:17:42 pm »
Wanna know the difference between us and politicians? We don't have to be politically correct. And in my opinion, sir, the reason that most of the regulars find you annoying is because you act like a politician. You like to stand up on that pedestal of yours and act like you know everything. You're condescending and stubborn. And no, I'm not trying to turn the attention from myself to you. I just figured that someone ought to tell you soon.

If Chakra was still here someone would haff felt wat a 4rlz banhmmr zliek  gg

I want to see more QQing.

What he didn't understand, is that we're not judges; We're executioners.

This is why I love you Wraith.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2009, 10:41:33 pm »

Not me <3

The army sucks. Hippies make the world a better place. And grits tastes TERRIBLE.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2009, 10:51:11 pm »
Add more butter.

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2009, 11:03:53 pm »
Not me <3
The army sucks. Hippies make the world a better place. And grits tastes TERRIBLE.
Hahahaha! You're the shit, Vij. I <3 you, Graham.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2009, 05:28:16 pm »
I bet you guys 20 JD's that Chakra manipulated his own score to prevent any wax rebellions xD
b&

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2009, 06:22:49 pm »
Vij is now dead to me.
@ii

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2009, 07:35:36 pm »

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2009, 07:48:50 pm »
Be glad I can't find you and choke the life out of right now.
@ii

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2009, 08:26:20 pm »
Criticizing grits is blasphemy in the South. I wonder if it's the same in the Midwest. By the way: does anyone here live in Nebraska? I might be moving out there soon.

Offline MadDog

• Major(1)
  • Niiiiiighhhht Proooowwwllaaa
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2009, 08:41:14 am »
@Geo...

Well, I see those acrid responses... what a surprise... I leave home for a few days, and look what happens...

Talk about taking the offensive at the drop of a hat... I just ask a simple question here, and you go insane. Good job...

So what, now you're targetting me for asking questions? Questioning regulators = 35 point warning. Sounds like Enesce to me... Look what happened there.

"You've been warned for instigating an argument that ultimately derailed the topic to which you were referring."

Really? Please, do name that topic. I would love to know which one was de-railed. Oh, that's right, there really wasn't one.

To be perfectly honest, your stance is... petty. A bit desperate. What does it say when you attack someone who simply asks a question?

"Anyhow, this is what you wished for."

Not quite. What I wished for was a reasonable answer to a reasonable question. What I got instead was a pretty much unprovoked attack. I didn't spew hate or abuse, I think you did.

But hey, just to make sure this post doesn't "de-rail" the thread, lemme get back on point. My least-liked admin is probably Geo... Yep.

I know you don't have to be perfect and fair moderators like the law enforcement in real life. But just because you don't have to doesn't mean you absolutely shouldn't.

Have a magical day! (right back at yeh)

EDIT:

Kazuki: "I don't even understand what the big deal is here."

But that's just the thing: there is no big deal here. At all. I just asked a question, and what a surprise, some admins overreact.

Kudos to Demonic and echo_trail for not overreacting.

Perhaps this is me mildly testing the system to see how hot-headed the moderators are.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 09:01:58 am by MadDog »
Jules: "Describe what Marsellus Wallace- looks like!"
Brett: "What?"
Jules: Say "what" again! Say "WHAT" again! I dare you! I Double-Dare you motha-[******]! Say "what" one more god-d**n time!

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2009, 09:22:32 am »
You acted like a prick and got called out on it after you continued to spout nonsense about the situation.

Not that hard to understand.  Deal with it.  I'm off to work, so maybe you'll get the rambling explanation you seem to be searching for later.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2009, 09:29:37 am »
Damn, I'm seeing some cowardly acts, you guys should stop it on both sides...Cause this might turn into a flaming war. And this topic is actually something we S F members needed since ever.
b&

Offline MadDog

• Major(1)
  • Niiiiiighhhht Proooowwwllaaa
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2009, 09:32:01 am »
You acted like a prick and got called out on it after you continued to spout nonsense about the situation.

Not that hard to understand.  Deal with it.  I'm off to work, so maybe you'll get the rambling explanation you seem to be searching for later.

I love your language. Good example to set. A bit hypocritical. Well, actually... really hypocritical.

And you wonder why this thread is here. I'm not one who follows the turn-the-other-cheek rule. However, I don't engage first. I just return fire.

"Spout nonsense"? Geo... this whole site is nothing by nonsense, not to mention the lounge. Technically, if you are here, you are spouting nonsense. This isn't an educational site, and people aren't getting paid here. That just leaves nonsense.

Oh I'd rather not deal with it, I have enough on my plate. But just to stay on topic to avoid your petty excuse called "derailment" I'll say that my favorite moderator here is probably Demonic.

Have a good time at work. I'd wish you the break-a-leg good luck saying, but you'd likely mis-interpret it and just lash out again... :P
Jules: "Describe what Marsellus Wallace- looks like!"
Brett: "What?"
Jules: Say "what" again! Say "WHAT" again! I dare you! I Double-Dare you motha-[******]! Say "what" one more god-d**n time!