Author Topic: Law Reload  (Read 4175 times)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
Law Reload
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:25:07 pm »
I reckon the law should only be allowed to be reloaded when your either crouching or proning. Since you can't shoot in the air anymore and the weapon itself is so heavy it would make it just that bit more realistic. This can apply with the minigun too because of its heaviness. And when your reloading when crouching or proning the reload time should be decreased because it's faster when your concentrating on the reload. It just seems to weird to be reloading such a large weapon whilst running or standing up.                 
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: Law Reload
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 03:18:33 am »
Grrr, why do people want to screw up fast pace of soldat? F11.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline bxn

• Major
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 03:52:53 am »
Maybe for realistic, but I reckon the law's reload time is long enough.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 04:14:56 am »
Why does everyone who gets an idea post it here without thinking about it at all? The LAW needs at the moment a buff (will get lower reloadtime) and nothing that makes the LAW a 1-shot-and-throw-away weapon. Soldat is fast paced so F11.

Offline bxn

• Major
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 04:22:20 am »
Exactly. That is a reason why I don't use the law. The law is like a
1-shot-and-throw-away weapon.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 04:37:44 am »
Most people just shoot the LAW once and throw it away. Making it lose its ability to reload unless crouched/proned just makes that worse and slows down the pace of the game too. Similar situation applies for the minigun as well.

The LAW should get buffs for faster reload time, but even so, most of the time it'd still be one-shot-and-throw. It simply makes it more convenient for those who actually bother to reload it. Adding a faster reload speed for crouch/prone would be nice (as seen in a similar suggsetion started by 4yo about crouch advantage), but making the LAW reloadable only when crouched/proned is ridiculous.

Offline bxn

• Major
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 04:43:55 am »
You should be able to reload the Law without having to hold it. As in switch back to your primary and wait for the Law to load. In this case you will not have to chuck it away.

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 05:17:51 am »
F11... ffs hate the noobs that wants to nerf all weapons...
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 06:44:53 am »
You should be able to reload the Law without having to hold it. As in switch back to your primary and wait for the Law to load. In this case you will not have to chuck it away.
Hey, I like that idea.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 07:38:18 am »
But a bit slower then and it would be fine to me.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 11:25:36 am »
Hey, I like that idea.
deffenetly needs a second thought, add more reload time then ofc.

Offline MetsuriTossavainen

• Camper
  • The Chainsaw Wizard
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 11:35:50 am »
Leave it as it is.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 05:57:47 pm »
Phew, you are like: "I don't like the idea, let the realistic players suffer."

I think LAW is very good weapon as it is now. Maybe it needs a bit faster reload.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 06:42:40 pm »
Minigun and LAW are already the "strong but slow" kinds of weaons. Especially LAW. Long reload is already enough of a disadvantage, so there's absolutely no need to make it any harder.

Hey, I like that idea.
Big F12 on that. Though in this case reload speed should vary (faster while holding law, and slower while using another weapon).

Offline bxn

• Major
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 12:42:14 am »
Phew, you are like: "I don't like the idea, let the realistic players suffer."

I think LAW is very good weapon as it is now. Maybe it needs a bit faster reload.

My bad  ;D

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 07:34:09 am »
Where in my post did I say I was making the reload time longer? Can you fucking read before you post...

Also, I did have in mind other people's ideas that it COULD be faster when they're reloading crouched or proning. Although its just stupid how you can reload weapons that big running around or standing up.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 08:20:45 am »
And it's not stupid that people respawn when they get killed? Or that all the gostek's have jetboots?

Seriously, something being stupid in thought is not a good reason to nerf it, especially when the weapon in question already has enough limitations on it to make it nicely balanced.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 08:33:47 am »
Just take Stronghold as an example: In reality you can´t choose a building in a menu and build it for paying gold, stone or wood ... it will appear in a second after clicking on free space. Take now reality: How long do you need in reality? Like 6 months to a cuple of years. Sorry if I need to tell you that Soldat is NOT reality :P

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 06:14:32 pm »
Where in my post did I say I was making the reload time longer? Can you fucking read before you post... (...)
Here.
I reckon the law should only be allowed to be reloaded when your either crouching or proning. (...)
Making so will delay reload time since you have be on the ground, you said it.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 08:07:34 pm »
Set the reloadtime to 210 ticks. That's all.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 01:17:46 am »
Where in my post did I say I was making the reload time longer? Can you f**king read before you post... (...)
Here.
I reckon the law should only be allowed to be reloaded when your either crouching or proning. (...)
Making so will delay reload time since you have be on the ground, you said it.

Despite I DID say that it will decrease the reload time...

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 01:59:55 am »
It looks more like you said that to reload the law you need to crouch/prone. =\

Shouldnt this be in the weapon balance subforum?

The law is a defensive/support weapon, and thereby is the long reload justified.
But i like the suggestion that the reload becomes 1 second, while the rest would be the fire rate (also, same length between two shots, just the reload is 1 second, and the other +2 seconds are the fire rate) so it is possible to do some maneuvers without stopping the reload.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 02:49:32 am »
But i like the suggestion that the reload becomes 1 second, while the rest would be the fire rate (also, same length between two shots, just the reload is 1 second, and the other +2 seconds are the fire rate) so it is possible to do some maneuvers without stopping the reload.
Strongly disagree with this one. It won't help since, that'd mean when you switch to the LAW for the first time, you'd take one whole second before you can even startup and fire - in other words its draw time is actually longer, so it cannot be just drawn and fired. I'd prefer it if it can automatically reload even when unequipped (but slower than if you were holding it, and even slower than being crouched/proned on the ground). That, or simply make the LAW reload a whole lot faster.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 02:55:05 am by STM1993 »

Offline 8th_account

• Soldier
  • Munitions Support
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 08:31:29 pm »
Shouldnt this be in the weapon balance subforum?

Damnit people, read the stickies.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 09:44:43 am »
Knife is better in almost all situations.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 01:38:34 pm »
Increasing the time on an already ridiculously long time would be just mean.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 04:34:09 am »
Autoreloading LAW? Now that is the future. :D
I wonder how it would look like... small mechanical arms coming out of the gun and then placing a new rocket into the weapon and doing all necesary preparations while youre fighting soldiers and doing various acrobatic moves.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 08:01:36 am »
lol, that sounds cool, auto arms.

I like the idea, defo slower reaload like that though, like 150% slower

Umm this is a LAW discussion? Gtfo

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 04:57:20 am »
Umm this is a LAW discussion? Gtfo
It is actually relevant and true. The LAW is just fired and tossed, and is a lot slower and can only be used on the ground. Only advantage is range, but that's not enough for a fast-paced game.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 09:36:51 am »
But this is about LAw Reaload, not which is better, so there fore it is not relevant and is spam

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 10:05:27 am »
But this is about LAw Reaload, not which is better, so there fore it is not relevant and is spam

Reload matters little(when reduced to reasonable levels), the whole firing while crouching mechanics embedded in the law make it a 2nd choice for rushes.

I mean if you try to make law all purpose like the knife, why don't you just use knife in the first place?
Always remember the succubus...

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 11:01:21 am »
LAW isn't meant for rushing due to the fact it must fire from the ground, so it'd always be below the knife in one way or another.

Anywho, the LAW still deserves a faster reload or a better reload system.

Offline SuperSissi

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 09:11:37 am »
I reckon the law should only be allowed to be reloaded when your either crouching or proning. Since you can't shoot in the air anymore and the weapon itself is so heavy it would make it just that bit more realistic. This can apply with the minigun too because of its heaviness. And when your reloading when crouching or proning the reload time should be decreased because it's faster when your concentrating on the reload. It just seems to weird to be reloading such a large weapon whilst running or standing up.               

Realistically you should not be able to reload LAW at all, but Soldat isn't even supposed to be realistic (even the so called realistic mode is not realistic).

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 02:32:53 pm »
Clearly you cannot decide if something is balanced if it is the only choice, therefore you have to compare it relatively to the other secondaries of which you can only have one of in order to decide if one is better or worse and therefore unbalanced. If law was the only secondary both 3 and 100000 seconds would be balanced because it is the only choice.

LAW reload is waaaaaaaaay to long. I usually just dump it for another gun.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2009, 05:35:50 pm »
Nobody is listening, I'm saying if your crouching you reload the law faster!

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 01:52:05 pm »
How about this?
Reload while crouching AND standing, but when you crouch, it goes faster.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 01:04:34 am »
Yes!! You've got it!

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 01:05:35 am »
I know, I amaze myself some times.