Author Topic: Random Med/Nade kits spawn.  (Read 981 times)

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Random Med/Nade kits spawn.
« on: July 22, 2009, 02:12:10 pm »
On some maps Soldat ignores spawn points for Med/Nade kits so they are respawning randomly at any type of spawn point.
Actually this bug is quite common and is present for a log time and happens on every second map...

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
Re: Random Med/Nade kits spawn.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 02:24:32 pm »
This so called bug is understandable. Old lame post by me, but it's all truth.

Huh I was thinking that I would make this kind of tutorial when I get bored and no new ideas in mind. Luckily you have done most of it, great work.

I would add to medic session one thing which most mappers seems don't know. It's very small thing. But It kinda way can make some difference to advantages of medics, it's kinda way bug thing:

Remember always set at least two medicits on left side and right side. Let's make a story of medicit. There are medicits placed only in both bases 2 next to each other. Blue player takes medicit on red base, then the medicit arrives in blue base (cos it arrives to that half which side have taken medicit). Then blue takes medicit at his own base, the next medicit arrive next to him. That happens because there are two medic spawn!!!! The medic can't arrive the same spawn that is has been taken!!! So if there would be only one medic spawn on blue side and blue takes the medic, where next medic arrives? Cos it don't have medic spawns to arrive? Okay back to normal life let's see how things can go on ctf_Steel at the tutorial example:

Omg how is that possible? Well, ctf_Steel has 3 medicit spawns all. That means one for other side two for other side. The bottom medicit is surely supposed to be that there would arrive both teams medicits, but it isn't possible in soldat, so it's red's medicit. You can test it by your own. Try be red and take medic at red side, the medics work good. When you take medic at red base it arrives to bottom center and when you take medic in bottom it arrives to red base, everything work perfect. When you change to blue side and start taking medicits at blue base you see that medicits start arrive pretty randomly, in fact they arrive in subtitute spawns: grenade spawns, player spawns, bonus spawns as you can see when we take a look on steel with objects: That all means ctf_Steel is fecked up :D

http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ctfsteelhc2.gif

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:27:58 pm by Suowarrior »

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 02:34:14 pm »
Bugged:

Not bugged:

Other side bugged:

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 02:45:22 pm »
The medic can't arrive the same spawn that is has been taken.
This isn't true.

Also i must mention that this bug effects any types of maps, not only ctf. Sometimes however it is possible to get over it by deleting all spawns and placing nade and med kits spawns at the end (or just bugging with them for a while ~_~').

[EDIT]

For that last example: If you delete medkist spawns at the center and at bravo side; medkist will not spawn at all.... -_-'
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 03:04:23 pm by VirtualTT »

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 06:08:16 pm »
The medic can't arrive the same spawn that is has been taken.
This isn't true.

At least in ctf case, it's true for sure (I strongly believe it works the same way in other gamemodes). It might have seemed like it has spawned into same medic spawn, but actually it has spawned into grenade/bonus/player spawn (which are commonly placed at same spot with medics)...

Give some map examples, I bet there's sense in every map. I've never had any issue with medics in any of my map.

edit: Your latest map TomTom: http://tinypic.com/r/30ji69t/3

It's just like the "bugged" example. Place two new medic spawns, one for each half and problem solved.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:02:47 pm by Suowarrior »

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 02:00:59 am »

*Medkits at the same point respawn test*

*Map is bugged in any gamemode*

It's just like the "bugged" example. Place two new medic spawns, one for each half and problem solved.
Bugs should be fixed, not just walked around.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:04:13 am by VirtualTT »

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 09:39:08 am »

- Not bugged dm, bugged tdm. It seems that in tdm it's possible that medic can respawn at any spawn (grenade, bonus, player), including the medic spawn it has spawned already. But well just 2 medic spawns both sides and map runs like a rabbit :).

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 10:07:18 am »

- Not bugged dm, bugged tdm. It seems that in tdm it's possible that medic can respawn at any spawn (grenade, bonus, player), including the medic spawn it has spawned already. But well just 2 medic spawns both sides and map runs like a rabbit :).

but medkits can respawn at the same point at the end...