Author Topic: Any cool futuristic/mech weapon designs you'd want to see in a mod?  (Read 9137 times)

Offline numgun

• Veteran
Soldat screwed over me last week and decided to spam me with various wierd errors I had never seen before. And on top of that I didnt even do anything that could have caused it. So now I'm deleting the whole thing and re-installing the entire thing from a clean table.

And while I was at it, I was thinking of making a new mod with my improved skills. Its going to be about mechs like eradication wars was, but a whole new mod so its not just an update. I'll be still using the old config system that was made by Lord Ivahn back long ago so it will allow for multiple weapons just like ERA so you can select a loadout you want to play with and go with that.
and change when you want to play with other guns.

And like the last time, if you have any wishes for futuristic/high-tech weapons or mech weapons that you've always wanted in soldat to play with, tell me about them and give me links if for pictures or draw a concept of it, and I'll handle the rest.

Now I just need to remember what the scale was with the sprites...  :P

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
Re: Any cool futuristic/mech weapon designs you'd want to see in a mod?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 01:31:47 pm »
I could upload some pics of weapons from my sketch pad if you wanted, but there not really "Mech" weapons there more on the order of light and heavy infantry weapons.Its up to you if you want em tell me if not then okay but I'm not going to bother posting pics if you don't so...

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 02:07:42 pm »
AAL for soldat!

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 02:32:08 pm »
I could upload some pics of weapons from my sketch pad if you wanted, but there not really "Mech" weapons there more on the order of light and heavy infantry weapons.Its up to you if you want em tell me if not then okay but I'm not going to bother posting pics if you don't so...

I'm cool with infantry weapons, as long as they are advanced or high tech or futuristic or look cool, I'll take em in. If you look at my previous mod, it had weapons that were originally infantry guns. Such as the FN2000, SNP-7 Reaper sniper rifle. I just said they were mech weapons and thats all there is to it.  ;)

@Skykanden: Yeah I also though about porting something or making new weapons with the AAL style.

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 11:30:32 pm »
One HUGE problem about ivahn's mod config that i need to point out. It is NOT COMPATIBLE with 1.4.2 and above, mainly because it was made during 1.3.1 when weapons_realistic.ini isn't around and probably has'nt been updated ever since. Ive tried it dozens of times with varying weapons and stuff like that, ive also searched the forums for the 'new' mod config, but to no avail.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:36:28 am by scout »

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 01:26:33 am »
NUMGUN! you are my favourite CC modder ;D your mods are the best mods for CC evah made! seriously, your spriting and coding are awesome! i heard smb on CCforums said that u are not so cool as people say and made a counter-thread (abc labs or smth like dat) but im sure its his and only his personal opinion that have no real proof, dont listen to other "smart guyz" too they are just jealous ;) you have a great talent, buddy; keep that goin plz (BW and AAL are my fav mods for CC <3)

sooo if you want to make an another mod for Soldat...oh my god, i cant imagine how epic it would be...

so we come closer to question...
The Question: Any cool futuristic/mech weapon designs you'd want to see in a mod?
The Answer: Your AlteisnArsenalLabs and BallisticWeapons:Mercenaries.

ps: ive made a "BW" weapons mod for Soldat, wanna see? its not finished yet but its already playable with balanced weapons.ini and ready weapons/interface(guns)-gfx
*uploading*

*EDIT*DAMNIT! BW Mod is on another laptop which is not in this town right now! gosh... ill bring it here only in the end of august (when ill come back home) or maybe earlier... damn
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 01:38:19 am by Ragnaros »

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 07:16:20 pm »
mod config isn't compatible with 1.5.0 but 1.5.0 IS COMPATIBLE with old weapons mods generated by mod config. So, there's no problem with it.

I would like to see 'The Vision of Escaflowne' like mechs or other with armor stylized to medieval knights. And nothing related to Gundam, Evangelion or Transformers. I know it can be hard to you since you like Gundam but get more unconventional. Or just do some Armored Core themed.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 05:37:26 am »
The mod config runs fine 1.5.0. I've been playing my old ERA for some time on it and nothing wrong with it.

As for WM's, forget about them, I dont see any point messing with them since I play online always.

As for gundams, if I find more any cool designs I like, I will make them, but my interested is mainly pointed at armored core/front mission and such similar titles. I'm making this mod to update my soldat experience, any suggestions I take will be part of it and you'll get to enjoy those requested weapons.
I'm not making a mod for the community, do note that.
BW is too infantry like for this case and I dont feel like doing them anyways, but I can tell it would turn out pretty nice if made right. The point is large hi-tech guns for large robots with truckloads of epic and awesome.
I want to experiment with alpha transparency for effects since those can really make a things look nicer.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:39:19 am by numgun »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 03:51:24 pm »
Okay, Here are those guns I was talking about

Feel free to use what you want.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 04:36:50 pm »
I like that gun in the middle in the first image and HK and Ruger in the second image.

My suggestion of guns would be the mechwarrior weapons. There is a wiki page with "blueprint" images of some of the weapons such as the autocannon and the PPC.

OBEY!!!

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 05:13:48 pm »
Very nice MattH, I really like some of those and see them working good with the theme. Thanks!
The ones I liked the most out of all are the minigun and the ruger, they look awesome.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 09:21:35 pm »
I have some more pics If you want I could try and dig them up to....