Author Topic: Is BE alive ?  (Read 14696 times)

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
Is BE alive ?
« on: July 29, 2009, 12:41:59 pm »
Last update was 25 of April. Hackers happily playing in my servers. What's up with that ?

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
Re: Is BE alive ?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 02:37:19 pm »
Let them play lul. Eventually they will get bored and leave themselves.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 02:44:27 pm »

Unfortunately most of them are so amused by finally getting kills (Lack of skill...) that they don't "just leave themselves" until they get kicked 50-100 times, or the admin gets in.
b&

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 02:58:04 pm »
Untruer words have rarely been uttered.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 03:16:55 pm »
Well, that's not the point guys. I would expect an update of the anti-cheat program. It's been 3 months...

Offline MetsuriTossavainen

• Camper
  • The Chainsaw Wizard
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 03:37:51 pm »
Ask from $able?

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 05:26:34 pm »
Yes, they seem to get passed every BattlEye update
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline RemiX

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 04:51:40 am »
BE is dead for sure. Sable doesnt care anymore. I have talked to him before and all he said was that he is too busy right now. Like 1.5's BE doesnt do anything right now. There has been hacks that have been turned into him but he hasnt done anything cause BE still isn't picking them up. I'm getting really sick of it, we need someone new who can do this.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 05:30:18 am »
Hackers have got to be so bored. Hackers have got to be the most anit-social people around.

Let's hope BE get's a good kicking.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 06:48:53 am »
BE is dead for sure. Sable doesnt care anymore. I have talked to him before and all he said was that he is too busy right now. Like 1.5's BE doesnt do anything right now. There has been hacks that have been turned into him but he hasnt done anything cause BE still isn't picking them up. I'm getting really sick of it, we need someone new who can do this.
I don't get why this is happening so often in games. Everyone starts with best indentions and after a few months all goes to hell. It's sad.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 09:04:32 am »
It's called interest, and for most people, the interest will die away over time.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 09:36:50 am »
i guess it's hardly entertaining to update hacks on BE, and he doesnt earn money on it, so there isnt any reason why would he want to work on that...
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 09:53:31 am »
Its like 1.3 all over again...

Offline Amida

• Major
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 09:53:48 am »
This has been happening on my server too. I've seen infinite ammo, superman and a new one that I hadn't seen before.. some sort of warp to evade bullets? while they have stable ping.. looks like i'm gonna have to monitor the server more.  :(

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 11:11:24 am »
Well, at least a shitload of hackers running around wild should motivate $able to get working soon.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Fujifabric

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • richter
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 04:01:24 pm »
This has been happening on my server too. I've seen infinite ammo, superman and a new one that I hadn't seen before.. some sort of warp to evade bullets? while they have stable ping.. looks like i'm gonna have to monitor the server more.  :(

Recently i also saw another thing that i haven't seen before, which is healing at any place of the map (i think it was some kind of teleporting and yes, the server had BE)...

just wanted to say it if that helps with the updating of BE, not trying to turn this into a hack or hackers topic.

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 12:24:49 pm »
I'm just dropping an idea here I had a while ago, and of course it has been thought of before.

Most cheaters use only client-side hacks, meaning they alter stuff only on thier own system. This means in order to look for hacking techniques one needs a client-side anti-cheat system. Problem is, because it's client-side it's also hack-able and thus can be bypassed. This means that there is a "war" going on that's mostly about programming skills.

But there's a different approach. Instead of looking on the computer of the user to find and identify hacks and hacking techniques, one could look at player behaviour. All the information about that behaviour resided on the server, plus the developers of this system will only have to find out what the cheats "do", instead of "how they work". Simple things like warping around server, or mass kill are easy to detect, there were even serverscripts that could do that.

Basically this way the "field of war" is shifted to something that probably more people are able to quickly understand, thus meaning that a group of people could contribute or maybe even create an open source program.

Some things I found about this:

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=8908.msg135336#msg135336
http://www.ghostrecon.net/html/interview-hackcam.htm
http://www.cognisafe.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 01:32:17 pm »
Damn, this sounds bad. Is it possible to make BE, integrated into soldat.exe so it cant be messed with? Because its a file just sitting there that hows people can bypass it.

Offline 8th_account

• Soldier
  • Munitions Support
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 04:02:34 pm »
I've no idea what I'm talking about, but apparently BE and Soldat are very tightly integrated to the extent that Sable has to cooperate with Enesce to release updates. And since Enesce has sodded off somewhere and just updates his blag I'd blame him mostly.

Offline Stealth

• Soldier
    • Just Deserts...
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 04:39:12 pm »
Hmm...if BE was removed (since its apparently not doing its job) then Linux players could get on the servers again. X-D However, it would be nice to see more anti-cheat procedures taken (preferrably in Soldat itself)
Soldat on Linux: It does work! Need help?