Author Topic: Is BE alive ?  (Read 14695 times)

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
Re: Is BE alive ?
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2009, 08:10:09 pm »
That kind of thing is forbidden on these forums anyway.

In fact, only references to specific hackers or the hacks that they use are forbidden. General discussion on hacking is not prohibited under the forum rules (nor should it be). As such (and after consulting with jrgp)—unlocked.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2009, 08:40:33 pm »
It's time for the scripters to make anticheat-scripts. I bet it's possible, come on...

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 08:58:26 pm »
It's do-able, but does anyone have the time and dedication to try this? We should see if we could get together a team and have a shot at it.
Pubs need this a  lot
b&

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2009, 12:31:34 am »
ye :DDDDDDDDDD, lets bind the account to a phone number which you call upon registration! fool proof system!! \o/ Damn I'm good.

Offline TmTgr

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Major
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2009, 12:58:23 am »
BE is running currently, but its missing one of its vital features, which is detection of the WriteProcessMemory winapi function. This detection usually picks up the most common .exe hacks. BE is however still detecting d3d hooks and any code changes to soldat.exe's memory.
I have no idea why WriteProcessMemory detection is missing in the current version, possibly sable somehow broke it by accident? Anyway, hope this clears things up a bit :)

Offline Squakingcow

• Major
  • pluck
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2009, 07:30:47 am »
It's do-able, but does anyone have the time and dedication to try this? We should see if we could get together a team and have a shot at it.
Pubs need this a  lot

The issue with things such as anti cheat scripts that detect large amounts of warp etc. and ban people for it (as was suggested somewhere earlier in the thread) is that while it would be a good method for banning obvious cheaters, it would be utterly useless for detecting hackers who do not want to be found.

For example in sctfl 13 and srl 6 a large number of people were using aim bots, no bink hacks etc. these would be impossible to detect without some form of client side anti cheat to detect them, since there are no obvious effects from the hacks (such as excessive warp) that would be detectable just through server side anti cheat.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2009, 09:02:20 am »
Couldn't it detect if a player is shot, and no bink is caused?
For every hack made, there MUST be some way of detecting it, even aimbot.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2009, 09:30:52 am »
they were detected \o/

Offline Squakingcow

• Major
  • pluck
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2009, 09:47:31 am »
You can detect them with a client side app (BE), but with a serverside script (as people have been suggesting) it would be very hard to do and also very ineffective.

Offline TmTgr

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Major
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2009, 12:14:18 am »
Bink is only stored clientside, and since bink makes your shots randomly go off there's every chance they could still go straight.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2009, 01:12:45 am »
Bink is only stored clientside, and since bink makes your shots randomly go off there's every chance they could still go straight.
Not detecting if the bullets caused by bink are shot randomly (the effect from bink)
but have a bink meter, like ping meter.
if the bink meter isn't moving, then a no bink hack must be active.

I think this has been suggested (probably in this topic); would integrating BE completely into Soldat make a difference?

though that'd require complete reformat of Soldat; (Zoh Mai GAWD! Every fix requires a complete change in code)
>;[

What we need is some super rich spoiled kid to buy Soldat then hire someone to do it! That kinda talk gives me butterflies! ;D

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2009, 01:25:33 am »
Is soldat had a better management, and if MM hadn't lost his interest with it, and maybe cared about it and wanted it to become something big, he'd advertised it better and maybe sold it to someone with the money for an investment like that.
b&

Offline Errol

• Major(1)
  • The writings on the wall..
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2009, 05:50:22 am »
Let them play lul. Eventually they will get bored and leave themselves.
That's fucking rich coming from you mister hacker.. You were playing r/s for months with hacks and never got bored.

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2009, 08:53:31 am »
BE is running currently, but its missing one of its vital features, which is detection of the WriteProcessMemory winapi function. This detection usually picks up the most common .exe hacks. BE is however still detecting d3d hooks and any code changes to soldat.exe's memory.
I have no idea why WriteProcessMemory detection is missing in the current version, possibly sable somehow broke it by accident? Anyway, hope this clears things up a bit :)
I told that to him like a month ago, I think he's working on a game where he gets paid.
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2009, 07:08:13 pm »
Let them play lul. Eventually they will get bored and leave themselves.
That's fucking rich coming from you mister hacker.. You were playing r/s for months with hacks and never got bored.
Alright...locked.

Xurich, don't unlock this again.

edit: nvm, again. any further posts like Errol's will be deleted with the user warned.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:48:21 pm by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
$able isn't doing anything...
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2009, 09:14:11 pm »
I appreciate that $able is doing this for free and everything, but BE used to detect most hacks, now there are hackers everywhere using teleport >without< a BE bypass. It's undetected. I could understand if they were bypassing BE, at least $able is doing something, but these guys are going undetected.

I would much rather pay for BE like $able wanted than have hackers invading my servers.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
Re: $able isn't doing anything...
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2009, 09:29:23 pm »
Allow me to direct you to two weeks ago. Yes its a problem.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2009, 10:48:52 pm »
Pubs need this a  lot

Actually, this has been made. Look in script releases, i think. I knows a anti-teleport script has been made, but i dunno if it was realeased on this forum. I think it was. The problem with it was that it detected laggers, also, because when people lag the seem to be teleporting. Anti-mass flag is already built into soldat. There really isn't much left. Anti Mass Kill would be impossible to detect because a person can very well have loads of kills in a row.

P.S. Since when did jrgp get admin O.o was there an announcement I missed? He even has higher authority than Xurich who is just a mod O.O.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2009, 11:57:07 pm »
Yeah, you've been hiding under a rock, miketh2005. He's been an admin for a while.

The most problematic hacks end up being radars and aimbots, and a server side script can't really pick up either of those things.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2009, 12:56:39 am »
Merged the topic $able isn't doing anything... by miketh2005 with this one.

P.S. Since when did jrgp get admin O.o was there an announcement I missed?

aye