Author Topic: Is BE alive ?  (Read 14761 times)

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: Is BE alive ?
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2009, 08:24:03 am »
[retard]

This is some text, so that this post wont be considered spamming
The other problem is that players dont vote kicks properly, or just vote kick some others for being too good.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2009, 02:02:44 pm »
What language would you use to make an anti-hack? I'm totally confused now that I think about it...

Anti hacks are built inside Soldat / the server, so they might just be in Delphi or possibly c++ loaded via a module of some sort. They work by making sure no one has altered Soldat's memory or are controlling it oddly, and seeing if players are doing anything suspicious.
There are other worlds than these

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2009, 02:37:53 pm »
@ tehsnipah- Well, if you have once 3 lvl 50 really good hexer players (in one of the best hexer clans) spawning at a single point in 1.4.2, you ask yourself...

Iirc, it was linked to a bug in aetherwalk/body double, as it started when one of them used one of those powers, killed the flagger and simultaneously returned their flag and got our flag.
Then they started just popping out at the point where he used the power.
No you idiot, I played in normal CTF server. God I'm tired of Hexer.... It was fun though.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 02:43:30 pm by tehsnipah »
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2009, 02:42:25 pm »
No need to start flaming, here...
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2009, 02:43:07 pm »
He just simply infered right into Hexer. He didn't even think about normal modes, I think he deserves it.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2009, 02:46:58 pm »
Just wanted to say that it might be script/code related.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2009, 03:02:26 pm »
I think it was just a grammar (or whatever) mistake. He meant to say: "Well, if you were playing in hexer THEN".

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2009, 04:14:09 pm »
Isnt this nice, they fixed the demo bug! What about hack protection? Meh who needs it, we can fix demo bugs!

Wtf seriously, gj fixing demo bug, but why can't someone bother to update against hacks, and please don't tell me $able is the only one who works on BE, because if that's true, then I'm completely lost as to if people care about people hacking.

Nothing against $able, I don't know much about it all. So correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2009, 04:41:11 pm »
Do all demos work now, or only the new ones made with this version of BE?

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2009, 02:45:05 pm »
For me it was only the ones taken with the current BE version ;/
b&

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2009, 10:55:34 pm »
Isnt this nice, they fixed the demo bug! What about hack protection? Meh who needs it, we can fix demo bugs!

Wtf seriously, gj fixing demo bug, but why can't someone bother to update against hacks, and please don't tell me $able is the only one who works on BE, because if that's true, then I'm completely lost as to if people care about people hacking.

Nothing against $able, I don't know much about it all. So correct me if I'm wrong.

The demo bug was a pretty big deal to many people, so downplaying it is just silly. Updated hack protection is coming soon from what I've gleaned from Sable's IRC discussions (and indeed, he is the only one working on BE AFAIK).

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2009, 11:26:32 pm »

The demo bug was a pretty big deal to many people, so downplaying it is just silly. Updated hack protection is coming soon from what I've gleaned from Sable's IRC discussions (and indeed, he is the only one working on BE AFAIK).

Soon meaning, when he said he will be updating BE soon earlier in this thread? If so, that means a month from now, lol. We need it now, lol. Why didn't he add hack protection first is beyond me. We need to pay this guy, lol.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2009, 01:41:54 am »
There's no point. Hacks are continually being updated! Unless hacks are wiped out once and for all, then it's just a waste of time.

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2009, 01:58:03 am »
Hacks will never be eliminated, but to suggest that slowing their propagation and lowering their numbers is a waste of time is just nonsense.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2009, 11:38:27 am »
Yes, BE bypasses are private, last time I checked, there isn't a public one. As long as BE detects public hacks (at LEAST) with unfailing efficacy ( ;) ), it will eliminate most of the hackers in the servers. Also, soldat hackers aren't very smart (really), if $able works hard, I bet he can make a protection that protects against all hacks. That one BE bypass is no longer being updated, and the maker gone, without it, we can finally have a hack free soldat! Call me optimistic, but I truely believe this is so. BE was doing real good, wasn't it? It can do it again. Like I said as long as the public hacks are detected, I doubt there will be any hackers left in the servers.

Just edit my post if it's a bit too, hackishy. XD

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2009, 06:14:12 pm »
You prefer wax over hax?
Anyways, how come no one ever tried stopping the spread of snowy's? If I remember correct the tele to slot, and reload\start up hacks can all go easily past BE without a bypass.
b&

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2009, 07:38:15 pm »
If you know a hacker, try to convince him not to release public ones at all. The private versions are making them money, so they'll continue to do so for a long time!

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2009, 08:26:21 pm »
I can't believe some people are retarded enough to pay for hacks. It would be easier to learn how to do it...I agree BE was doing well.

Offline TmTgr

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Major
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2009, 11:22:08 pm »
BattlEye was detecting almost every hack, but it went somewhat backwards and now even public ones are undetected.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2009, 04:33:28 am »
its amusing how kids download cheats and then are proud of being called "hackers". Silly.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens