Author Topic: XFactor Soldat Servers 49c /player 24/7 Uptime+Super Fast - 6 locations!  (Read 15084 times)

Offline hkayak

• Major(1)
Re: XFactor Soldat Servers 49c /player 24/7 Uptime+Super Fast - 6 locations!
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 05:26:41 am »
Guys the service of X-factor is not good at all I have paid for it but I can't seem to find how to control my server so I am asking back for my money If I compare enesce with x-factor I would give enesce a 10 and x-factor a zero I can't even submit an ticket the email box is unwriteable bad service this is just a scam
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:21:43 pm by hkayak »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 12:24:49 pm »
You mean the OS in general. I was comparing soldat servers hosted on linux to soldat servers hosted on windows. Basically the same.

No, they are not "basically the same." Windows servers are a bear to deal with since they're unreliable and require frequent reboots with each security update. How can you keep your Soldat Servers running consistently when you need to deal with that? And Linux handles processes and memory much better than Windows ever will. This is why whenever professional game hosters have access to Linux versions of the game's dedicated server, they use them instead of the Windows one.

And yeah:
Guys the service of X-factor is not good at all I have paid for it but I can't seem to find how to control my server so I am asking back for my money If I compare enesce with x-factor I would give enesce a 10 and x-factor a zero I can't even submit an ticket the email box is unwriteable bad service this is just a scam
There are other worlds than these

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 12:29:11 pm »
jrgp, care to provide some info on the process and memory management handling and how does this affect the running processes, and foremost how does the actual client of the server(player) notice the differene?

I personally believe that there is no actual difference to be noticed. Otherwise Windows wouldn't have dominant market share on servers.

And yeah, not a fanboy of "either camp". Just curious and sharing thoughts. :)
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 12:43:54 pm »
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/why-linux-still-runs-faster-than-windows-14828
http://ubuntulinuxhelp.com/why-is-linux-faster-than-windows/
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1142855.html

And there are other things too. Windows requires you to have anti virus, and if you want the system to stay fast you need to pay for a commercial real-time disk defragger. Neither apply to Linux.

Offline hkayak

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 03:01:30 pm »
jrgp, care to provide some info on the process and memory management handling and how does this affect the running processes, and foremost how does the actual client of the server(player) notice the differene?

I personally believe that there is no actual difference to be noticed. Otherwise Windows wouldn't have dominant market share on servers.

want to know why windows is dominating the market because windows is already configured with linux you need to set up everything so you they buy windows instead of linux unless they know how to set it up do you understand it?

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 03:58:47 pm »
To be honest I think this hkayak guy is a newb. When he PMed me He said he PMed the owner, he should he sumbitted a support ticket instead. When I come here he says the support tickets aren't working or something? He doesn't speak english very well so I don't understand, but the support tickets work fine for me and they respond within a 24 hours. They also have Live Support. I have 2 servers with them, they both have good ping, and no reliability problems, they only crashed 3 times in a month.

hkayak, join my 2 servers in my signature and you can see that my servers a fully operational and have good ping, how can they be a scam?

Also with this post:

want to know why windows is dominating the market because windows is already configured with linux you need to set up everything so you they buy windows instead of linux unless they know how to set it up do you understand it?

My point exactly. Unless it's just because he isn't fluent in english.

But, yeah I'm going to tell them about it...

EDIT: went on live support and here is the chat log:

John: Yeah, he entered a ticket this morning... while we were rebooting some hardware after adding in a new game.
Mike: oh ok
Mike: did you reply?
John: I didn't get the ticket... I just assumed Derek had responded to him.
Mike: are you allowed to check? i want to know so i can post back that his ticket has been responded to
John: I'll send him an email reply... everything should be working now. at least mine is anyway... and I have 14 servers.
Mike: O.o
John: Yeah, I can check.
John: Standby and I'll check it now.
Mike: ok
Mike: thanks :D
John: Was his name carlos?
John: Ok Mike, I have personally responded to his ticket, but unfortunately I was unable to see if his ticket was responded to previously. I have informed him through his reply that his ftp and gamepanel access should be restored now and that if it has not, for him to contact me directly.
John: Wow, and just found out that Derek responded to his ticket this morning right after he sent it in.
Mike: i dunno if it was carlos
Mike: but its a soldat server
Mike: his username on soldatforums is hkayak
Mike: but he said he couldnt sumbit a support ticket so i dunno if its the same
John: Well, it's probably the same guy since I have not seen any other ticket at all in the system that says anything about the game panel or ftp.
Mike: cya then
John: No problem at all. Glad I could help.
John: Cya.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 04:24:28 pm by miketh2005 »
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 12:08:38 pm »
is their a european test server? Also i only see London as a choice not germany and supposedly I can pay in euros? Has anyone bought a european based one?
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 02:04:35 pm »
is their a european test server? Also i only see London as a choice not germany and supposedly I can pay in euros? Has anyone bought a european based one?

I would suggest you go on Live Support here.

Or submit a support ticket here.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:07:49 pm by miketh2005 »

Offline Derek

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 12:33:59 am »

Firstly, how could you try our service when you requested a refund in 1 hour of placing an order ? Our servers are not instant activation although we typicaly setup servers within 15 minutes of someone placing an order. You never called our support # , you never tried our live chat, nor did you bother to submit a ticket so how can you expect us to provide you support ?

I am sorry you feel that we didn't provide support but our hundred of other customers love our serviice and Mike even went out of his way to advertise for us as he loves our support and customer service so much.

Derek
Owner
XFactorServers
Game Server Hosting

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 03:16:29 pm »
the servers arent 49c/slot, miketh, they are officially 99c/slot.

there were some issues with the rental services, for example theres no option for soldat to select "Private server" from the list, like its with other games, and the servers in Germany and UK are sold out now (Frankfurt wasnt in the list, but London was). The pricing different than in miketh's first post made me a bit confused too (it occured 10 slot server would cost 9,90$).

however, i had no problems with contacting support like hkayak stated before

I clicked big, fat, red button on the main page, saying "LIVE SUPPORT, click here" and within several minutes i got response from a very nice guy called Bryan. He told be that i can buy a private Soldat server and he would instruct be how to do it (but yeah, it should be in the list). He also apologised for the european servers being sold out and he promised to email me as soon as theres a free space :)

now im waiting, will proved more info when i get the server
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline howbadisbad

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2009, 08:17:33 pm »
Kind of offtopic

Where have you been mike?
And where did soldat NS go  ???

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2009, 08:51:11 pm »

He's currently banned for ~8 days for admitting to using hacks and harassing staff.

Offline Derek

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2009, 07:18:16 pm »
the servers arent 49c/slot, miketh, they are officially 99c/slot.

there were some issues with the rental services, for example theres no option for soldat to select "Private server" from the list, like its with other games, and the servers in Germany and UK are sold out now (Frankfurt wasnt in the list, but London was). The pricing different than in miketh's first post made me a bit confused too (it occured 10 slot server would cost 9,90$).

however, i had no problems with contacting support like hkayak stated before

I clicked big, fat, red button on the main page, saying "LIVE SUPPORT, click here" and within several minutes i got response from a very nice guy called Bryan. He told be that i can buy a private Soldat server and he would instruct be how to do it (but yeah, it should be in the list). He also apologised for the european servers being sold out and he promised to email me as soon as theres a free space :)

now im waiting, will proved more info when i get the server

We are on live chat pretty much 24/7. Were you looking for Germany as we plan to deploy another box within 72 hours. We also plan to run a special for 0.49 / slot private and 0.74 / slot public for Germany.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 07:20:51 pm by Derek »
Derek
Owner
XFactorServers
Game Server Hosting

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 12:34:28 pm »

He's currently banned for ~8 days for admitting to using hacks and harassing staff.

Hi, howbad. The new site will be soldatboards.com (when it gets back up). That is my clan's forum so it will also act as the forum for my servers.

What harassing stuff? As far as I'm concerned, I didn't break any rules. And the only reason I got muted was because of the rule "Admin is always right.".

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 01:06:34 pm »
For the sake of this topic, you should probably send a private message to jrgp to inquire about your recent ban/mute. I'm sure that he'll be happy to discuss it with you there.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2009, 10:58:28 am »
Updated the ad.

Offline hkayak

• Major(1)
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2009, 03:51:13 pm »
To be honest I think this hkayak guy is a newb. When he PMed me He said he PMed the owner, he should he sumbitted a support ticket instead. When I come here he says the support tickets aren't working or something? He doesn't speak english very well so I don't understand, but the support tickets work fine for me and they respond within a 24 hours. They also have Live Support. I have 2 servers with them, they both have good ping, and no reliability problems, they only crashed 3 times in a month.

hkayak, join my 2 servers in my signature and you can see that my servers a fully operational and have good ping, how can they be a scam?

Also with this post:

John: Yeah, he entered a ticket this morning... while we were rebooting some hardware after adding in a new game.
Mike: are you allowed to check? i want to know so i can post back that his ticket has been responded to
John: I'll send him an email reply... everything should be working now. at least mine is anyway... and I have 14 servers.
John: Ok Mike, I have personally responded to his ticket, but unfortunately I was unable to see if his ticket was responded to previously. I have informed him through his reply that his ftp and gamepanel access should be restored now and that if it has not, for him to contact me directly.
John: Wow, and just found out that Derek responded to his ticket this morning right after he sent it in.
John: Well, it's probably the same guy since I have not seen any other ticket at all in the system that says anything about the game panel or ftp.

to be honest the next time you call me a n00b im gonna kick you in the ass

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 12:49:49 pm »

Also with this post:

to be honest the next time you call me a n00b im gonna kick you in the ass

I would call you a noob, but that would be spamming, like you are now. Also, I never even called you a noob, lol...