Poll

its a poll

f12
6 (50%)
f11
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Set Spawn Point  (Read 1322 times)

Offline |_ancer

• Soldier
  • again and again.
Set Spawn Point
« on: July 31, 2009, 10:10:48 pm »
Likewise in some games that you can choose where you can spawn in-game. This would be great for infiltration when you want to spawn in a particular spot. To make this you need to create a region with spawn points in them basically in it and then in-game you manually choose where to spawn unless you want to randomize. In map-making options this could be turned off or on. This kinda sounds hard to implement but it's just an idea.

Offline Mitak

• Camper
Re: Set Spawn Point
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 02:56:59 am »
Map creators better put those spawn points further away from each other, so bashing your teammates can be avoided when spawning.

Your idea is to click on/near a spawn point after you die, so that you can spawn there? After death, clicking with the mouse switches the spectator camera between your teammates. How would that be implemented then?

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 05:02:18 am »
Shift + click?

If he meant it like Mitak described it, F12.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline gedazz

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 08:58:33 am »
Or maybe it's somewhat like in Battlefield 2 where a map shows up?

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 09:55:13 am »
Couldn't this be cheating tho?
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 03:06:45 pm »
If the "spawn range" is too short - this feature would be mostly useless. If the range is too large - people will be spawning themselves in polys, or too close to blue base (well, not 5 meters away from it, but still closer than they should. This will give blues less time to respawn and resupply).

This feature SEEMS like it will make the game more tactical, but the thing is - Soldat is too fast paced for players to care about tactic that much.

Fixed spawns are working just fine. If you cant predict where you will spawn - enemies won't either. ;O
So it's an F11 from me.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 03:14:47 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline gedazz

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 02:00:39 pm »
True.

Also, if you had several objectives (like those capture points in BF2) you would somewhat feel the need to choose your spawn point. However, in Soldat you only have one direction to go and one objective, the flag. So there isn't much difference where you spawn.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 06:56:50 am »
Maybe the idea is good but I don't like it and find it useless. F11'd to it.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline |_ancer

• Soldier
  • again and again.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 07:27:43 am »
However, in Soldat you only have one direction to go and one objective, the flag. So there isn't much difference where you spawn.
Suggesting that it is useless in most now days CTF maps but you could make a map that the use would be effective.