Author Topic: ◦◦◦◦DEFILED COMBAT◦◦◦◦  (Read 5204 times)

Offline Old Valiken

• Soldier
  • Don't you know who I am?!
    • My Website
◦◦◦◦DEFILED COMBAT◦◦◦◦
« on: August 01, 2009, 10:29:46 pm »
◦◦◦◦DEFILED COMBAT◦◦◦◦

YOU'VE

BEEN

WARNED!!

These guns were made by Old Valiken, and no one else.  Yes, you can use them at your own will, and use them to whatever you like, just acknowledge that they were made by me before you skip 'Old Valiken' in your credits.  Basically, just credit me for them, despite that you've probably found the sounds, made the weapons in the objects folder, and even fixed the fonts.ini.  So if you ever decide to make a mod with these in them, enjoy yourself with my guns, and add them!  I'd love to see these in 2009's Soldat Mod of the Year, 2010's Soldat Mod of the Year, and then, they got old because nothing beats these...  Lol [retard] [retard]

WWII Weapons
None of these were resized images, I had a breakthrough.  Still don't believe me, I'll remake it for you step by step.
:: PPSH ::

:: Type 100:

Clip

:: STG 44 ::

AUGUST 2nd

AUTOMATICS
:: AK-74u ::

:: AUG A3 ::

:: FAMAE SAF ::

:: G3::
(terrible)

:: L85A2 ::

:: M4 Carbine ::

:: MP5 ::

:: P90 ::

:: Steyr AUG ::

:: TAR 21 ::

AUGUST 1st

AUTOMATICS
:: P90 ::

:: M4 Carbine ::

:: AUG A3 ::

:: TAR21 ::

SNIPER RIFLES

::M40A3::
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 07:33:01 am by Old Valiken »
IF you see anything I have posted in the past, reposted by a person named
Tibneo, that is me! So don't call him an idiot, please! That hurts my feelings. :'(

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: ◦◦◦◦DEFILED COMBAT◦◦◦◦
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 03:40:57 am »
You have to work a lot in shapes and in shading, I won't lie you, I don't like them

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 03:52:25 am »
It looks like unfinished work. you miss the outline and a decent coloring/shading.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 08:29:42 am »
You need a lot of work on the shapes... seriously.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 08:38:59 am »
Defiled Combat...the name seems not unfitting  ::)

really try working out the shapes and the shading a little more.

Offline Sh07gaN

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 01:59:39 pm »
idk but they look abit resized and edited afterwards.

Offline Old Valiken

• Soldier
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 12:43:53 am »
Well, I just put in some new ones.  These are MUCH better, I think, than the ones from Augsut 1st.  I hope they look better than the old ones do, because if they don't I should go hang myself... [retard] [retard] [retard] [retard] [retard]
Tibneo, that is me! So don't call him an idiot, please! That hurts my feelings. :'(

Offline Sh07gaN

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 02:00:20 am »
Dont missunderstand me but I cant get rid of the feeling that you just resized and edited them

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 04:02:09 am »
AUGs and FAMAE SAF look okay, considering that they're re-sized

But the best advice I could give you is to not re-size in the first place. you can surely use re-sizing to help you but ultimately the weapons need to be of your own blood sweat and tears (not to mention they look bad otherwise)

Player since late 2007

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 07:26:29 am »
That sniper screams WTF to me. Its really guady and miss proportioned. Aside from that most of it is ok.

Offline Old Valiken

• Soldier
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 08:57:46 am »
oh does it?

If you want to stop looking at something really guady and miss proportioned you should definitely turn your screen back on, because that glass monitor is definitely reflecting your image. [retard]

anyways
no i didn't resize anything FUCK YOU GUYS AND APPRECIATE THIS, FOR ME!  The only thing I messed with was the canvas sizing.  i don't take images and resize them.  I think what you're seeing is some poor mistakes.  I could easily go back and edit them, it's just...  I don't wanna.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:23:14 am by Old Valiken »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 09:06:55 am »
ummmmmm......you're saying that you didn't re-size them??

lol....

I don't have a glass monitor and those look REALLY re-sized.

not to mention the fact that your august 1st weapons are a Completely different style from your august 2nd, I mean really dude who do you think you're kidding again?

Understand this I have nothing wrong with people that re-size stuff, but please just tell the truth.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 09:08:58 am »
We are telling you how to improve, if you don't want us to say what to improve just say it.
I dont like those weapons, they look resized, I would change that but do whatever you want

Offline Sh07gaN

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 09:15:22 am »
oh does it?

If you want to stop looking at something really guady and miss proportioned you should definitely turn your screen back on, because that glass monitor is definitely reflecting your image. [retard]

anyways
no i didn't resize anything.  The only thing I messed with was the canvas sizing.  i don't take images and resize them.  I think what you're seeing is some poor mistakes.  I could easily go back and edit them, it's just...  I don't wanna.

I would understand that you are a newbie at this stuff, but you are definitely making fun of the modders here who are spending alot of time with their stuff. I can be harsh to guys like you. Even posting this stuff is an insult.

I agree with MattH

All of your weapons have different 'styles'. The difference btw your G3a3 and your FAMAE SAF is gigantic. They are resized. I bet you just typed in google the weapon names, downloaded the pics on your HD and resized them with MS Paint. You didint make any weapons-gfx nor sounds.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 09:19:08 am by Sh07gaN »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 09:24:35 am »
The difference between them40a3 and the FAMAE SAF is a lol  and a half  ::) but anyway, if you are willing to accepet help then I think we are all willing to help you, BUT if you are going to act all proud and indignant and say that you didnt re-size at least some of them...then you're on your own.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 09:43:52 am »
Calm down guys. It's just a game.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 09:47:52 am »
Calm down guys. It's just a game.
nobodies is freaking out, its just that were all a little pissed off.

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 09:58:22 am »
Yeah, resizing in soldatforums, is frowned upon. i learned that the hard way back in soldatmods.tk. This is practically why i left interface-gfx modding for good, too tedious for me to say the least, and also, colours and shading are other things. Still, i can find free time to do 'partial' interface weapons, either that or id just do what i do best, gosteks.

Anyway , if you really want your 'original' weapons to be critisized, scrutinized, or just plain insulted because of your 'lazyness' go right ahead, continue on with what your doing and hope for the best- that's what i'd do. If not, you could either take the advice, or just don't post the works at all.

Im being neutral here, interface modding in SF is extremely competitve and harsh. Lots of flak would be thrown at you from all sides. Wanna be the best, learn from the best. Else, forget it, move on, do something which you are better at( in terms of modding of course).

But back on topic. Yes these weapons look resized. mainly because of the blurry details of the weapons themselves.

A good way to start for doing resized weaps, try to make them your own. Meaning, change certain parts of the shading, colour, shape even.

For a greater challenge, do the weapon from scratch. Start from a simple outline of the weapon, fill it with flat colours, add little details. Then go on to the shading bit. Shading can take a while to master- I did mine by just trying to copy the tone of colour from the reference pic, pixel by pixel. It can be a VERY daunting task. Another alternative is to use Photoshop and 'burn/dodge' the areas you want.

Me and my rambling again :P well i gotta go. school tmr, have fun with yer modding.

Last note- Take your time, there isn't a deadline. It's YOUR mod, and YOUR effort.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 10:03:13 am »
We never said that resizing is bad, just it looks some kind of strange, Lord Frunk resizes and modifies and his weapons are just awesome

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 10:11:12 am »
yes but you gotta admit that frunk does put effort in making the resized weapons his own.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 11:00:08 am »
There's no reason to get pissed off at him because he's not turning out A grade stuff.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 11:06:58 am »
Its more then just the fact that he's not turning out good stuff, its because hes acting like "how dare you say that I re-sized my pics".....that's all.

But what ever....I don't care.

Offline Old Valiken

• Soldier
    • My Website
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 11:08:39 am »
i resized them...
 :-\
I thought that more people would finally read my topics, I mean, it's been a while since I actually did anything.. 9 months??
shit, 9 months ago I was making interfaces, Im novice at modding.  I made one mod but only because Dairy did most (most=all?) of the work.  I wouldn't be in this situation if I had said, "I copied these from GIS and resized them and outlined them!!!  Download these because I am uncool for doing that!"

Seriously?  I just want people saying, Hey Val, what's up?  We should play Soldat like old times!

you guys are getting extremely judgemental these days, I'm back with something that I hardly did, which I admit it wasn't the greatest "Welcome" I have had, but seriously, Help me improve so it's easier for me next time I decide to let my computer crash and have to wait another 9 months to finally get the chance again.

Oh and say all you want about me resizing and acting like I didn't, because your mom was a whore, a German, Blond whore. << i didn't mean that, I am sorry...  ;D ;D

But I guess I'm not remembered, and I shall be forgotten... :'(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:19:37 am by Old Valiken »

Offline Old Valiken

• Soldier
    • My Website
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 11:37:09 am »
There's no reason to get pissed off at him because he's not turning out A grade stuff.

Yeah
Turning out A grade stuff is YOUR job.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 11:37:50 am »
I admit we were a bit hard on you, sorry.

If you want help with modding just ask, there are a lot of people willing to help.

In the end the only person that you should apologise to is shard, but anyhow welcome back. ;)

Offline Old Valiken

• Soldier
    • My Website
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 12:30:10 pm »
you don't remember me..
But anyways thanks
Shard sorry for the put-down, I love your face.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 12:31:43 pm by Old Valiken »