Author Topic: Can't someone make a decent Soldat Scripting Tut?  (Read 626 times)

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
Can't someone make a decent Soldat Scripting Tut?
« on: August 09, 2009, 11:07:24 pm »
Can't someone make a decent Soldat Scripting Tut? The one iDante made doesn't get very into it, I need one that covers the basics and the advanced. A good advanced tut would be how to make an RPG, and shop step by step. Tells you how to make a level up system. How to give players money. How to make a shop. How to give spells to players, etc...

Also he doesn't show you the basics:
This guide assumes that you know basic programming practices, such as how to use loops, if's, functions, arrays, etc. For good info on this stuff go to: http://www.learn-programming.za.net/learn_pascal_programming.html

That site is not soldat specific... I need to know this stuff. I tried going to that site, but I don't know what I should read and what I shouldn't...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 11:09:40 pm by miketh2005 »
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline Zabijaka

• Soldier
  • Soldat Fan, Hitman Fan
Re: Can't someone make a decent Soldat Scripting Tut?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 04:07:16 am »
Download the script and study the source code xD

Offline shantec

• Soldier
  • Get ANGREH!!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 04:58:05 am »
Download the script and study the source code xD

Excactly how i learned to script ;)
Also Known As REIMA

Lol Happles (happy apples)

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 08:27:39 am »
just get how the scripting basics work - function, structs and such. Then think out what exactly you want your mod to do and design the details. If you can't think of a big mathematical model like that, dont even bother. It's just not your thing.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 08:43:16 am »
You can do two things to learn:

1- download heaps of scripts and take a week to study them, practice with the syntax, know what's a procedure and what's a function, also how to use variables/const and its value, know to use IntToStr() and how to make your own procedures, and how to call them... (Learning the theory and then writing things)
or
2- just start with simple Hello world and start adding functions/procedures you can find in here and here. (As you do it you'll be getting skill, learning of your own mistakes/find out where are the syntax errors, or even remember whole procedures so you haven't got to copypaste them in the pages above, a must-to-learn is WriteConsole, per example.