Author Topic: Gather Gameplay Tutorial  (Read 26465 times)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Re: Gather Gameplay Tutorial
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 08:19:50 am »
I found that you get up as fast as you would if you switched weapon by tapping the nade button.
Problem for me is that I got Prone at F and nade at E ;d gets hard when you're moving to the right. but yeah, the nade is great, but slightly harder to use.

I got my prone in space.

Offline Mallow007

• Major
  • >:3 Rawr
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 02:12:14 pm »
Well i found this videos...interesting, but the experience (in game) will ALWAYS be better than videos or "tips",
i have to say there is nothing like constant playing, but to make this work "YOU NEED TO PLAY WITH BETTER PEOPLE THAN YOU" if you dont, well,  you'll never get any better.

I found this videos alike with halo 3 tutorials on how to kill or stuff... U_U (Face palm)
You just got rick rolleĀ“d!

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 02:29:09 pm »
Well i found this videos...interesting, but the experience (in game) will ALWAYS be better than videos or "tips",
i have to say there is nothing like constant playing, but to make this work "YOU NEED TO PLAY WITH BETTER PEOPLE THAN YOU" if you dont, well,  you'll never get any better.

I found this videos alike with halo 3 tutorials on how to kill or stuff... U_U (Face palm)
Tutorial vidoes have never been aiming to remove the playing experiance. tutorials have always, and will always be there to boost, and explain things that might not be too easily detected. and also to see what the more experianced players think during the play.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 02:40:35 pm »
I must say the cannonball trick is pretty difficult to pull off. It requires timing of a millisecond to get it right and in the heat of a battle you rarely get to use it and the usage is pretty limited anyways.

Gotta practice more to get it right... : P

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 02:43:14 pm »
I must say the cannonball trick is pretty difficult to pull off. It requires timing of a millisecond to get it right and in the heat of a battle you rarely get to use it and the usage is pretty limited anyways.

Gotta practice more to get it right... : P
you can train on doing the fake cannonball, by doing that you'll get the timing off when you're supposed to press jet after you let go off jump. that is if you try to press crouch for as short time as possible.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 01:12:43 am »
Ok, added teamplay tutorial. if somebody wanna make a tutorial with more advanced game play, just post it. and maybe ask a mod to edit it in if I'm not here.

Also, I'd like to see this stickied, or if a mod wants to recreate this thread and copy paste my message it's also ok. but I think it would be a good idea to have it stickied as it I think it's kinda useful for new gather players (and most average gather players, since those are still horrible players).

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 11:59:22 am »
nice videos - me votes for sticky too

another ctf-tip:
try to cover your ffc (friendly flag carrier) with your body if he's on low health.
when he's just about to cap enemies often spray towards your base to kill him - this is the perfect "cover-the-ffc"-situation.
it's always the cap that counts.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 10:17:17 pm »
apperently Team play tutorial is banned for germans, might fix it... but meh, I don't mind, I don't like germans.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 12:31:35 pm »
Added "Advanced Movements Tutorial: Nade tap", it's a bit too advanced to be here actually, since it requires a lot of experience.
But thought I might as well go ahead and add it.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 06:05:00 pm »
Added "Advanced Movements Tutorial: Nade tap", it's a bit too advanced to be here actually, since it requires a lot of experience.
But thought I might as well go ahead and add it.

Very nice tutorial. It explains well the prone gliding technique.
I tried your exercises. And I already made improvements.
Thank you!

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 08:26:18 pm »
Replaced the "Advanced Movements Tutorial: Nade tap" with a new much better tutorial.

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2016, 04:52:28 pm »
Very good guide  :)
Make love, not war.