Author Topic: [Release] Community Movie  (Read 6151 times)

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
Re: [Release] Community Movie
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 04:04:32 pm »
5 stahs! Epic video win! Gj, srsly.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 11:20:45 pm »
umm, no. If you have the correct kind of account the limit is much, much more than that. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNvUSfRHzdQ

Oh my god this is sick.

Or make account as an movie director/sth, as that type can make 40min videos.

I thought they didn't allow ANY video over 10 minutes unless it was uploaded when they didn't have that rule?

umm, no. If you have the correct kind of account the limit is much, much more than that. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNvUSfRHzdQ

That's since 2008. There are other type of accounts, but they don't allow videos over 10 minutes no matter what account you have:

Learn More: Longer videos.

You can no longer upload videos longer than ten minutes regardless of what type of account you have. Users who had previously been allowed to upload longer content still retain this ability, so you may occasionally see videos that are longer than ten minutes. You can, however, easily change your account type to Director, Comedian, Musician, or Guru, which offer a variety of other features like the ability to add a custom logo, tour date information, and links to other websites.
Only directors who applied for and obtained director status prior to 2007 may upload longer videos.  With all newer accounts, your only option is to try and obtain partnership with YouTube.  After the old director program was ended, only partners are allowed longer uploads.  The old directors were grandfathered in so they would not be penalized by the new system.

You have to upload youtube videos regularly with over 1K views to even get a chance of a partner account.

I have a video with 3.5 million views and most of my other videos have over 1K views and I still didn't get a partner account, so it's really hard to get one. Yes, I applied, lol.

I'll split it.

Oh my gosh this is sick. (didn't know what you meant by that...)
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 12:50:24 pm »
Great video, I like it :)