Author Topic: Haters insult me, i customized mod, so what?  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Croatian

• Major
  • :)
Haters insult me, i customized mod, so what?
« on: August 16, 2009, 04:38:20 pm »
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=35769.0
I played with SK's cell_shaded mod annd i liked it so i gon to idea making my personal mod including parts of other mods. I liked Minimi,ak,law and
so i decided to use those Interface-gfx\Weapons\ parts and colour them, also, i took really hard for that mod.
Yep i painted Cabbage into gold, so, what's the problem?I used cabbage to personalyze it and customize it at my own way.

I got realy hard for this mod and insulting on stealing mods isn't true, guys please stop stabbing me i customized mod, yep, but that's okay, also, i felt free to gave it in public so anyone else can have fun using it.

This is my mod 75%, credits go to me and
Serial K!ller for giving open source to customizing his own work.

Serial K!ller's parts:

-Awesome explosion (good work guy!)
-Few weapons from Interface-gfx\Weapons\
-Weapons-gfx is edited by me and coloured, LAW and Ak stays SK-s 100% they are just coloured, no pixel art.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: Haters insult me, i customized mod, so what?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 04:40:47 pm »
Next time, place SK in the credits.
And if you are going to publish it, you need an textual answer in which the original modder says that you can use parts of his mod and publish it as such.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Croatian

• Major
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 04:47:16 pm »
ok, so why admins don't unlock my topic?

Offtopic*
ali maliĊĦa stvarna san se potrudia za taj mod a igran 3 miseca

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 04:55:36 pm »
Look you have said for a starting that the weapons were yours, your fault and we done what we should have done, croat is right, don't complain.
Now go and make your own mod

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 05:22:26 pm »
Don't go to hard on him! xP
Maybe he honestly didn't understand!

It's great that you want to help out the community, new content is always welcome.

From our end, it kinda looked like you were stealing credit!

You MUST ask for permission! You say you worked hard to reskin that mod? Well the original maker worked twice as hard.

What happened to you yesterday, is what you done to the original maker! You locked him out without really worrying about him!

Try doing your own mod. Just keep practicing. Also try to map, that can be fun too!
If you want to make something awesome that people will want to use, you need to PRACTICE!

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 05:34:22 pm »
do what F4||3N says, and remember that the community is there to help, and we try to give constructive criticism

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 06:33:49 pm »
Okay, Don't take the comments on your mod personally, I suppose we did flame you a bit too much, but the fact is that copying someone Else's work and NOT crediting them is looked down upon here.

No hard feelings, just next time try and do all the work your self, and as a side note when you try modding again (if you try) feel free to ask for help with any problems that you might have.

(btw one of the reasons that we were a bit harsh was because we just had a guy post a mod saying it was his work when it wasn't)

Offline Croatian

• Major
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 03:11:11 am »
Then , for all you, i have big surprise, about 2 weeks ago i startred to make PaintBall mod, it really looks awesome and is totally mine.
Right Now ill post a prewiew with some pictures, belive me, you will like it.