Author Topic: -:|HALO~ODST|:- (Beta Released)  (Read 33085 times)

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
  • Mustly the heat of battle is just the begining
Re: -:|HALO~ODST|:- (Beta Realeased)
« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2009, 07:17:35 pm »
I have a question. Are you going to keep or use the eliets in the game?

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #181 on: October 04, 2009, 07:33:54 pm »
No, mainly because there are no elites in Halo 3 ODST (crappy I know but that's just the way it is)

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
« Reply #182 on: October 04, 2009, 07:39:41 pm »
Ok, thanks.And sence there is alote more weapons in the odst game are you going to make a modifiy menu like in the Eradication-wars mod?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:42:42 pm by the halo fan »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #183 on: October 04, 2009, 10:04:58 pm »
He is not going to in answer to your question.

Edit:

I might as well say this for him:

A weapon's choosing external program thing takes plenty of extra time, and he's made a point to wrap this project up soon. Also, making every weapon from Halo ODST is not what he has in mind.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:34:02 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
« Reply #184 on: October 04, 2009, 10:30:45 pm »
Maybe he might answer tomorrow.

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2009, 06:36:54 am »
but just one thing, the neck is Really long.

*EDIT*
 another problem is that they are grayscaled.

Well, neck has same size (of course in it's own scale) as on picture but is mounted little above not directly from inside of torso, so may look strange. Plus, if neck will be shorter head will be too big. I initially made him with colors because easier to catch details as they are similiar colors like head. If they are supposed be grayscale this easy to re-do, even in Infraview. Also they may be half-grayscale like scout did (grayscale body with color elements. As for helmets and stuff they look similar or different in ODST? For ex. like these ones http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Brutes

Ok, I decapitated him 2 pixels in height. Dont look too much for other body parts, because I still need increase contrast after conversion, also bright up other details.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:32:37 am by Henito Kisou »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2009, 09:37:04 am »
Maybe he might answer tomorrow.
well, its tomorrow, and I shall answer.

and my answer will be quite simple

A weapon's choosing external program thing takes plenty of extra time, and he's made a point to wrap this project up soon. Also, making every weapon from Halo ODST is not what he has in mind.

*EDIT*

Well, neck has same size (of course in it's own scale) as on picture but is mounted little above not directly from inside of torso, so may look strange. Plus, if neck will be shorter head will be too big. I initially made him with colors because easier to catch details as they are similiar colors like head. If they are supposed be grayscale this easy to re-do, even in Infraview. Also they may be half-grayscale like scout did (grayscale body with color elements. As for helmets and stuff they look similar or different in ODST? For ex. like these ones http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Brutes

Ok, I decapitated him 2 pixels in height. Dont look too much for other body parts, because I still need increase contrast after conversion, also bright up other details.
Mmk... take your time, just one more thing though.

its the shoulders they come to too much of a "point"....just sayin.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:38:51 am by MattH »

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2009, 10:02:14 am »
Mmk... take your time, just one more thing though.

its the shoulders they come to too much of a "point"....just sayin.
Do you can explain more precisely? And what with some helmets because actual one dont have any... not with that type of armor.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2009, 11:23:36 am »
well here are the helmets that Scout made for me: Stalker, Major, chieftain and bodyguard.

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2009, 01:57:00 pm »
In Addition to this are you going in to make Hunters like in the game and if your not going to make anything other than the Brutes and spratans then tell me so i can stop because I'm watching the playthrough now.

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2009, 02:02:53 pm »

*EDIT*

this was exactly why i never tried making 'oversized' gosteks

alot of complications come to play when your trying to alter the very size and SHAPE of the gosteks.

Brutes tend to have small heads, and they also tend to slouch forward( you could try to move the head forward to get that effect, but this is not possible on the mirrored side, since gostek alignments are all fixed), maybe because of their size of their bodys.

This principle also applies for elites, 'cept that the bodys are smaller and they're the rough height of an average person.

Even trying to edit the size of the shoulders, let alone the body would have serious issues. you could end up having a dis-proportioned brute with wide/huge shoulders and stubby legs.

In Addition to this are you going in to make Hunters like in the game and if your not going to make anything other than the Brutes and spratans then tell me so i can stop because I'm watching the playthrough now.

theres still ALOT of speculation about this, don't expect an answer so soon, since its just a beta test. Its up to MattH to make the decisions and not me- im just helping him make the gosteks.

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2009, 03:23:51 pm »
Ok thanks scout

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2009, 04:13:47 pm »
Just thinking, should I remake the Interface to look more like a Halo 1, 2 interface.
Because one of the things that has sort of been bugging me is that the interface doesn't look like something from halo.

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2009, 05:14:27 pm »
I agree that your current interface does'nt fit really well with the mod.

you might want to try doing the reg'd interface of ODST. it would be a nice addition to the mod. If not make a simplified version of it.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:17:32 pm by scout »

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2009, 06:21:36 pm »
like i said i've bin watching some playthroughs and the interface isn't much to see.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2009, 07:11:46 pm »
I'm thinking that I'll make a interface more like the Halo 1 interface (because its easier then Halo 3 or ODST) but I'll add some more "flair" to it.

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2009, 07:19:26 pm »
That could be cool. 8) Can't wait to see it. ;D

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #197 on: October 06, 2009, 01:22:21 pm »
this was exactly why i never tried making 'oversized' gosteks

alot of complications come to play when your trying to alter the very size and SHAPE of the gosteks.

Brutes tend to have small heads, and they also tend to slouch forward( you could try to move the head forward to get that effect, but this is not possible on the mirrored side, since gostek alignments are all fixed), maybe because of their size of their bodys.

Even trying to edit the size of the shoulders, let alone the body would have serious issues. you could end up having a dis-proportioned brute with wide/huge shoulders and stubby legs.

There's no such thing as oversized gosteks, because they have limits (16x16). They may looks different, as even default gosteks are edited ones (EVO, not classic). Size is still the same, shape is determined by animations and objects, so this only gfx editing, imitation to be different. Brutes aren't facing only forwad from what I saw and this can be done in easier way than exceeding animation frame (for ex. by packing more body in same area, describing some details and shapes more than another). No need to teach me about possiblilities and proportions because I tried many things like these before, so I know them. Especially shoulders ( <-' = /,-> ) and legs symmetry. Since there's no rush or hurry in release of this mod I will try every aspect of brutes for gostek to optimal effect. They are just my alternate attempt, not considered as primary project for this mod instead of your actual ones.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 01:34:31 pm by Henito Kisou »

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2009, 02:24:26 pm »
Her/She is basicly right dud. There not alway slouching farward. It's rely only the neck

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2009, 12:37:21 pm »
You don't need to mess with the battle rifle that much, just keep it balanced.
That doesn't help, at all. More specific plz.