Author Topic: [REQUEST] DoD:S mod?  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Deadly.Katsu

• Major(1)
[REQUEST] DoD:S mod?
« on: September 08, 2009, 05:19:42 pm »
Ever since I saw the very first Soldat mod based off of a Valve game (Counter-Strike), I've always been thinking about a mod off of one of my all time favorite games, Day of Defeat! It was the very first Valve game I played before CS, and it was always a lot of fun. If anyone can, could someone make a mod? Thx! :)

Offline Sh07gaN

• Soldier
Re: [REQUEST] DoD:S mod?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 07:20:04 am »
Do you know how much time it takes to make a good quality mod? It takes very long!
I suggest that you try to make some weapons on your own.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 08:31:30 am »
Although Day of Defeat could make a really cool soldat mod, like Sho7 said, modding takes a lot of time and effort if you're going to do it right, so I suggest that you work on it yourself, and if you ever need help, you can ask on the forums.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 09:23:23 am »
Very nice and warm welcome you gave him guys.

This is still MODDING IDEAS thread and this topic is just askin' for a mod. If you don't have any interests of makin' anything for him, don't respond.

He didn't ask if somebody could help him with it.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:32:09 am »
....Dairy you're too much....

Very nice and warm welcome you gave him guys.

This is still MODDING IDEAS thread and this topic is just askin' for a mod. If you don't have any interests of makin' anything for him, don't respond.

He didn't ask if somebody could help him with it.

Honestly whats that suppose to mean?
When you think about it, what modders are going to make this? -sky-, sho7, BlackDevil and me are about the only modders left, and we are all working on mods of our own right now, so who is going to make it?

what did you want us to say?

HIIII!!!! WELCOME TO THE MODDING SECTION OF THE SOLDAT FORUMS, WE ARE HERE TO GIVE UP OUR LIVES TO MAKE MODS FOR A FREEWARE GAME, so what ever mod you want us to make, we will just bend over backwards and make.

Honestly, what do you want? if anything, your post was the one that didn't help.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 09:46:34 am »
You excluded me, the DarkCrusade, just about to finish his very first project [pigtail]

Well, Matth, Dairy just said the truth. If he actually wanted to do it himself he would ask for general help but this was just a request if somebody had a mod for DoD or could do it for him. Most guys requesting a mod are noobs with MS Paint and Photoshop and that´s why they request and don´t create ... Furthermore you all are spamming - including me.

[Irony]
Please ban us all for not helping a new member.
[/Irony]

Honestly dudes: Lets stop dickery and get to the point. If you don´t want to do the mod don´t response here.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 09:50:30 am »
I'm offering to help, I wont make the mod from scratch, but I'll even offer this.

you can use anyone of these (although I recommend that you resize them to fit soldat)

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 10:05:55 am »
As DC and Dairy said, if you don't have anything relevant to contribute, don't post. Telling a mod request to DIY is not relevant.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 10:24:12 am »
Just a question, Is it really that big a deal that we posted and told him that we can't help him and that its best that he try and make it himself?

Its really not "offtopic" although we didn't give him exactly what he wanted we (I) did offer to help.

I would have left Dairy's post unchallenged if it wasn't for the fact that he insinuated that we were trying to be "unkind" by having the nerve to suggest that he work on the mod himself.

[Irony]
Please ban us all for not helping a new member.
[/Irony]

In the end Dark had it right.

As a note (and also to keep this ontopic) I will help make the ingame Weapons gfx.

Offline Deadly.Katsu

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 08:53:37 pm »
Awesome! Now I just need to find some sounds and see if I can make some gosteks.