Author Topic: New Project [Future-Mod]  (Read 2245 times)

DarkCrusade

New Project [Future-Mod]
« on: August 22, 2009, 04:33:24 am »
[Future-Mod]

Well, I started suddenly to think of a good way to do pixelart. My first try ended like this. I guess I would need to overwork the figure so it looks like there is brown coat all over the body and not only the skin, but it was just a first try :)

And then I thought of my modding projects that I didn´t finish. It were mostly future mods and now I want to complete one good mod so I started to do the pixelart you can see below.

After I had this spacesuit the weapons came easily afterwards. I will try to find a new replacement for the minigun (gun #1), but this is what I´ve got till now:

I don´t want comments in this thread like in my last modding project with weapons from the present. These guns and the two figures are made by me with MS Paint, no matter what you say :P In the future I will make a gostek looking like the second picture and more weapons. Well ... any suggestions are welcome!

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
Re: New Project [Future-Mod]
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 07:41:22 am »
This looks like a Very good start, and no those are Not re-sized (unlike your modern ones, I'm sorry to say that I myself believe that those were re-sized  :-[)

Well keep it up and you definitely have a nice mod in the end.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 08:34:14 am »
Thanks MattH, more to come in the next days. I won´t reanimate this old discussion, I guess we can screw that :)

- has somebody a good idea for a second gostek?

Offline Croatian

• Major
  • :)
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 05:34:24 pm »
Just finis this up a bit, and you don't nedd second gostek.Pretty detailed and original, KeeP it up

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 10:32:17 am »
So here are some updates:

AK: Needs probably some updates on shape and shading & maybe even a new colorscheme but it´s a first try.

Minimi: Minimi is an advanced version of the AK and will get a new colorscheme.

Minigun: Well, I don´t like my first attempt at making a minigun at all so I made a new one and it wents better and better imo :)

Suggestions are welcome!

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 10:38:03 am »
Your minigun looks more like a M79 variant then a minigun, but the style is cool.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 11:59:54 am »
I guess the gfx will be ready in a week or two, I am working out the story and background as well and most of the weapons are finished yet. But I will make many many maps for this mod as it has now a background that needs to be filled with maps. I won´t give you any downloads yet, but I give you some more pictures of the weapons with updates and new stuff so you can see where I am :)

HK MP5

AK 74

Ruger 77

M79

Barret M82A1

FN Minimi

USSOCOM

Combat Knife

Chainsaw

M72 LAW

Suggestions are very welcome, also I need names for the guns!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:05:56 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline Croatian

• Major
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 02:49:33 pm »
Now, that's the good replacement for Minimi!

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 07:09:58 pm »
It's probably just me but some colors just doesn't fit a weapon at all.

Pillow shadin' and bright clown colors ain't my cup of tea.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 02:09:18 am »
I guess I will work on the genereal colorscheme a bit. I made most of the weapons on a laptop and they might appear a little bit blury but that is just a matter of time. Also I worked on some weapons already and will upload them today to the forums so you can see them.

@Croation: Thanks :)

Offline Croatian

• Major
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 03:42:30 am »
Just an advice from newb.
Try to shade Barrett a bid more on the right and left corner.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 08:34:56 am »
I will completly redo the barret to fit my own thoughts more. By the way: My ReadMe is 23,4kb big right now, expect something big :)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 10:20:17 am »
Next interface-gfx update:

Desert Eagles: Not quit happy with them, I will redo them.

HK MP5: I guess I will let it stay the way it is.

AK 74: Nothing to say.

Steyr AUG (1): Maybe somebody knows it. It has a long way of development from my Energy War to Shaded Blue (both mods never released :) ).

Steyr AUG (2): This is a tech gun and more fitting the other guns. (1) or (2)?

Spas 12: I gonna´ change the metal colors again and try to do a better texturising job on it.

Ruger 77: I took the idea for this weapon from a very old mod by mine, I made the gun bigger and used new colors.

M79: Will do a new one, this one looks too defaultish and too ... bad(?)

Barret M82A1: Will do a new one, this one is waaaay too big.

FN Minimi: Should I make this gun larger?

XM214 Minigun: Nothing yet.

USSOCOM: There will be a new one. Hopefully today :-X

Knife: I guess I will stay with this one.

Chainsaw: I guess it´s all fine now.

M72 LAW: Darker?

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:29:22 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 04:23:48 pm »
Overall their very nice (and I like the deagles keep them the way they are) but one thing I wish you would do, Work on your ergonomics, most of the weapons there don't even look like they could be fired by a human because of their shape.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 11:24:20 am »
Overall their very nice (and I like the deagles keep them the way they are) but one thing I wish you would do, Work on your ergonomics, most of the weapons there don't even look like they could be fired by a human because of their shape.

The problem with the deagles is, that they are waaay too big. I need to handle the gfx in an other way or it will reach the text of the weapons name. I guess I could simply use the gun the way it is and just use some empty space before the weapon name.

The weapons are concepted like this, because they are used with a special tech suit. You don´t need your hands to use the guns. I am working on the ReadMe.txt a bit more and then I will release a first version of the mod but without the weapons-gfx. The ReadMe reached a size of 30kb right now because of the storyline, the bots and this stuff.