Author Topic: Worms Armageddon  (Read 4672 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Worms Armageddon
« on: September 03, 2009, 07:02:26 am »
Anyone else a big WA fanboy? I find that every half a year or so, I'll pick up the game and play it again. Roping-fun never dies...

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: Worms Armageddon
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 07:22:45 am »
nah, it's boring. everytime somebody tries to revive it.... just so annoying....

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 07:30:47 am »
I like worms, i only have the second game though.   The 3D ones are crap

Player since late 2007

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 07:58:25 am »
everytime somebody tries to revive it....

I was afraid of that. I did a search before I posted to make sure I wasn't jumping in too quickly D:

Yea, I tried a 3D one... it didn't shift over too well from the 2D style.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 08:01:14 am »
I loved the team creation, having things like Mr. Boombastic for my victory theme. And the gay voice pack- "ooh, you laddered my tights!" and "yay, we win. We're all queens now.."

The one thing I don't like about it is that the explosions don't have debris that flies into the air before coming down, like in the old DOS games. Worms United along with Dracula: Reign of Terror were the two first PC games I ever had (me and my twin bro each brought a 'first game', mine being Dracula).

everytime somebody tries to revive it....

I was afraid of that. I did a search before I posted to make sure I wasn't jumping in too quickly D:

Yea, I tried a 3D one... it didn't shift over too well from the 2D style.

Aye, though Hogs of War was great :D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:20:04 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 08:21:26 am »
A few weeks ago I started playing WA again, I especially like bng (bazooka and grenades) and bna (bow and arrows) schemes. We play together with people from Polish Soldat forums. :)

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 09:06:00 am »
Worms World Party is better than WA. Pretty much almost the same game, but WWP has some extras. Btw I have it on my cellphone too, its like the real deal, minus some minor options and no map editor. : P

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 09:18:59 am »
Worms World Party is better than WA.

I second that.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 09:23:51 am »
Worms World Party (WWP) is better because it's newer. I didn't like WA myself...

The 3D ones are not as fun as the 2D ones, honestly.

Brings back old memories... I remember putting a long ruler over my monitor to help me aim my shotgun over long distances to snipe someone when I did not have laser sight XD
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:26:59 am by STM1993 »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 09:29:46 am »
^Hah, I used to do that^

I play most of the gamemodes nowadays. BnG has always been a fun one. I'm mainly a roping geek though: Roperacing and Shopping with the occasional Proper match.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 10:48:11 am »
Having played Armageddon and owning World Party, I can honestly say Worms 2 (PC) is the better one. Great times though. CRAP HE GOT A DONKEY! (My friend dealt ~1200 with a single donkey, it was nuts)
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 10:53:17 am »
^ Ahh yes, I have Worms 2 too - I rate it equal to Worms World Party because Worms 2 has genuine weapon moddability - those after Worms 2, you could only modify the damage and ammo, but Worms 2 you could modify more than that. I remember I always set the minigun to have 100 damage per shot (that's explosively large and damaging) with the max number of shots that can be fired and perfect accuracy. Easily 5000 damage. I also made prod kill instantly and have a much stronger push than normal.

Super Banana Bombs and Holy Hand Grenades, anyone?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:58:18 am by STM1993 »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 01:36:58 pm »
Dude, get out with the SBB, I always loved the Mad Cow and Sheep Strike xD
b&

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 03:10:34 pm »
Some day I'll sit down and get it working in wine, then I'll play it for a while.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 03:16:31 pm »
Some day I'll sit down and get it working in wine, then I'll play it for a while.

Sounds so very classy or how would you say it - glamorous.

Me and my friend played Armageddon online a few years back, and this topic got my heart beating again :) Watching some videos @ uTube and even the menu sounds could bring some tears into my eye.

Oh right, Worms 2 had that ability to modify weapons in a whole different way. I must say Team17 screwed up by dumbing it down to the current over bland "customization" as they call it.

Truu.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 03:26:36 pm by Dusty »

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 03:23:33 pm »
Oh right, Worms 2 had that ability to modify weapons in a whole different way. I must say Team17 screwed up by dumbing it down to the current over bland "customization" as they call it. Overall it seems that the newer worms games kinda feel crappy. Especially the ones after Worms 3d. I also enjoyed the worms 3d, it was pretty fun.

I still remember how much fun it was making the "nuclear minigun" that basically eradicated the entire map by firing 100 shots that deal massive damage and created holes in the terrain size of a holy hand grenade blast.

Offline Rook_PL

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 04:22:03 pm »
WWP FTW! Honestly, most game producers overestimate graphics. 3D is a dead end in worms evolution.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 01:49:37 am »
Brings back old memories... I remember putting a long ruler over my monitor to help me aim my shotgun over long distances to snipe someone when I did not have laser sight XD

haha yes, I never used a ruler because I was quite accurate when the worms were within the screen, but when they were 2-3 screens away I had to take a slight guess and kind of get a sense of where to aim.  I nearly always get them, lots of practice on air maps = pwn :D

Player since late 2007

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 01:51:19 am »
I still remember how much fun it was making the "nuclear minigun" that basically eradicated the entire map by firing 100 shots that deal massive damage and created holes in the terrain size of a holy hand grenade blast.
Ya that was the uber-modified minigun I was talking about - easily 5000 damage if all shots hit. It's awesome!

haha yes, I never used a ruler because I was quite accurate when the worms were within the screen, but when they were 2-3 screens away I had to take a slight guess and kind of get a sense of where to aim.  I nearly always get them, lots of practice on air maps = pwn :D
I didn't need it if its within screen either, but I may still use the ruler to ensure 100% accuracy.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 02:06:18 am »
I can't play WWP cause it's too old for my pc but the latest WA update works awesome :D

Maybe we make a WA party?