Author Topic: Deleteing accounts  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
Deleteing accounts
« on: September 03, 2009, 05:44:18 pm »
Is there a way to delete my soldatforums account?
One Love
Yes

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Deleteing accounts
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:45:22 pm »
Are you absolutely 100% sure?

We don't really like deleting accounts and would rather just leave it so that the posts don't show up as "Guest"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 05:51:37 pm by FliesLikeABrick »
There are other worlds than these

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 07:29:48 pm »
Umm I am sure.
One Love
Yes

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 07:32:06 pm »
Don't mean to interrupt, buy why, Yes?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 08:19:38 pm »
Just dont wanna be apart of this place anymore, thats it, nothing more.
One Love
Yes

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 09:40:54 pm »
You have unleashed a can of worms. People are going to flame you for self control. Just thought I'd let you know.

In honesty, if you really want to leave this place, only you can make that decision. It sounds corny but if you quit and only kind of wanted to, you will be back.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 09:45:09 pm »
As...I, mentioned, we'd rather not delete accounts as it makes trying to find all of the deleted member's posts impossible and each one gets labeled "Guest," which is annoying.

If you really want to be gone forever, you could just have us ban you. Is...that what you want?
There are other worlds than these

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 01:30:05 am »
Or he could change the password and email to something  he'll never remember

OBEY!!!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 01:36:30 am »
If you really don't want to be part of SF, you can just remove the site from your favourites and don't visit anymore. There is no real need to be banned or to have an account deleted just to get off - if you find yourself coming back, you'd either need to exercise self-control or just adhere to this place. Besides, if you change your mind and return but realize your account was gone/banned, you'd want to create a new one and it can be very confusing for us - it's as though you had changed your username and we'd find it hard to search for your posts for any important quotes.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 02:19:38 am »
I'm really tired of people asking to be banned because they don't have or don't think they have any self control.  Yes, grow up.

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 06:19:52 pm »
Well to be fair, he was only asking a simple question. And he didn't say anything about self control, he just wants to leave our lovely family.

But I agree with the others, just dont log in here anymore. Unless you want to come back ofcorse.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 06:21:42 pm by Psycho »
Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 02:02:02 am »
Well to be fair, he was only asking a simple question. And he didn't say anything about self control, he just wants to leave our lovely family.
Thank you.
I'm really tired of people asking to be banned because they don't have or don't think they have any self control.  Yes, grow up.
like he psyco said i didn't say anything about self-control and I wasn't asking to get banned... like where the fuck did you pull that out from? If I wanted to get banned i could of spammed this whole place and BAM im banned. I just dont like having accounts I don't use... thats it. And yeah i guess i wont log on. Peace.
One Love
Yes

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 11:51:23 pm »
I miss him already. :'(

EDIT: So I don't get done for spamming.

I'm using these Nicobate 4mg lozenges things from the chemist.

AND they actually work (really good). I recommend them, if you wish to quit smoking.
They're way better then patches and whatever else.

They come in a blue curv-ished container..... =D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:02:49 am by F4||3N »

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 05:35:35 am »
Just don't log in anymore...stop making it such a big issue.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 10:35:32 pm »
Thank you.
like he psyco said i didn't say anything about self-control and I wasn't asking to get banned... like where the f**k did you pull that out from? If I wanted to get banned i could of spammed this whole place and BAM im banned. I just dont like having accounts I don't use... thats it. And yeah i guess i wont log on. Peace.

My comment wasn't necessarily directed at Yes.  There have been plenty of people who have asked me to ban them or delete their account because they just can't stay away.  Yes' request reminded me of this, he doesn't necessarily have to say that in order for me to think of it.