Poll

Do you think the beta will turn out better than last time?

Yes
35 (52.2%)
No
19 (28.4%)
Not sure yet
13 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: 1.5.1 WILL have a public beta!  (Read 7347 times)

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
1.5.1 WILL have a public beta!
« on: September 04, 2009, 01:26:00 pm »
As quoted from EnEsCe's Blog

Quote from: EnEsCe
Well it is about time for some news regarding Soldat 1.5.1.
As the title suggests, I have decided that Soldat 1.5.1 will be a Public Beta.

Despite the semi-failure of the 1.5.0 Public Beta (hey, it could have been worse), I feel that the number of fixes/changes/additions still really does need to be tested before hitting the highway. The private alpha F&F beta testing turned up very few new bugs, so things are looking smooth.

I know many people disliked the previous Public Beta, so I would like some feedback from you with any suggestions or improvements you may have regarding how to run this upcoming Public Beta compared to the previous one. Leave a comment in this post.

The Bug Tracker @ http://bugs.soldat.pl will be the primary bug report method. I will only allow BUG reports, and improvement suggestions for the stuff contained in the change log. For example, if the change log contains “-modified A is now B + 10%” , you may suggest “make it B + 5% +(B divided by A) because <explanation here>”. Presuming you supply reasoning.  Full new suggestions will not be handled at this time, as they will only drastically slow down the release. The Official Soldat Forums will not have a public beta forum this time. The current content of the bug tracker will be cleared prior to beginning the public beta, so don’t bother posting stuff on it right now. When will the beta begin, you ask? When its ready™

The change log is not yet finalized, so I won’t post it early or give any specific details still. By now the only thing on your mind is probably “What about Access Violations in Demos?”… Well, I can’t really provide a definite answer to that at the moment. Recent testing has confirmed this problem to be triggered only in BattlEye enabled servers, so Sable, BattlEye’s Developer, is currently investigating it on his side.

Soldat 1.5.1 will introduce some fancy bits and pieces, such as the ‘Death of Spying’, extra map features to provide exciting new gameplay elements, vastly improved interface customization via server-side scripting, truckloads of new Script Core features, and much much more.
If you have ever considered registering your copy of Soldat, now is the time to do so. And if you use a shared/stolen key, you will also want to consider purchasing your own right now. Heed my words :)

That is all for the moment, so please leave a comment with any kind of feedback or suggestions regarding how you would like to see the next Public Beta be run. Abusive or inappropriate comments will be removed.

This sounds fairly promising, hopefully it will go better than our last public beta :)

Thoughts?
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
Re: 1.5.1 WILL have a public beta!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 02:03:25 pm »
Soldat 1.5.1 will introduce some fancy bits and pieces, such as the ‘Death of Spying’, extra map features to provide exciting new gameplay elements, vastly improved interface customization via server-side scripting, truckloads of new Script Core features, and much much more.
so it's how I thought:
- mass of new features
- bugfixes are delayed to 1.5.2
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 02:10:56 pm »
The success of this hinges on the degree to which it's advertised and the promise of a quick release, which were really the two major failures of 1.5.0's beta.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 02:14:44 pm »
I was hoping they just got rid of the least played maps and put new ones in, and fix the current bugs before they decided to add more features. damn
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 02:55:54 pm »
I was starting to get worried 1.5.1 would never happen. Better is relative; it will probably be better than 1.5's, but by how much is the question.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline gedazz

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 02:59:59 pm »
so it's how I thought:
- mass of new features
That's what I'm mostly afraid of too.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 03:15:52 pm »
Sign me up for this shit!

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 03:35:16 pm »
so it's how I thought:
- mass of new features

Yeah, I'm probably gonna quit playing at 1.5 now.
When openSoldat arrives, I will come back.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 04:15:33 pm »
I thought it would be something similar.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 07:36:47 pm »
Dumbass...

so it's how I thought:
- mass of new features
Why the hell do you THINK he's running a public beta, hey? He can't find any more bugs in his current localised beta team, so now he's getting the public to try and find any more of them.

This version will contain some bugfixes, but if you wanna make sure it contains more bugfixes than it currently does or should, you'd betta beta it. :D
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 08:37:17 pm »
extra map features to provide exciting new gameplay elements, vastly improved interface customization via server-side scripting, truckloads of new Script Core features, and much much more
new features? hopefully they won't be as useless as the previous ones. Gameplay elements? what else is there, more useless voice radio commands? improved interface, like.. more modability?

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 08:39:02 pm »
I bet it is stuff that I don't want changed.

We better be getting gamemodes or something.

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 08:41:41 pm »
I bet it is stuff that I don't want changed.

We better be getting gamemodes or something.

hopefully so, it's about time that someone updated us. Im tired of being left in the dark, hoping for some sort of miracle to happen.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 08:45:10 pm »
I hope to see at least one of my thousands of ideas posted here since early 2007 used.

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 08:52:25 pm »
i just want something that isn't useless, like the chat lobby. frankly, ive never touched 1.5 except for online play. other wise, id just be pwning bots on 1.4.2- id say it still beats 1.5 imo

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 08:53:42 pm »
first we need more players...
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 08:55:10 pm »
i just want something that isn't useless, like the chat lobby. frankly, ive never touched 1.5 except for online play. other wise, id just be pwning bots on 1.4.2- id say it still beats 1.5 imo
I was one of the first to recommend the chat system in the lobby. Though I do not fully count that.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 10:31:29 pm »
The chat lobby was actually a community suggestion. You can't pin that against EnEsCe.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 05:59:40 am »
Hehe he's deleting my comments all the time.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 03:43:58 pm »
I amen't doing anything till the beta is finsihed and its fully released. I'm content with what I hear. MOAR game modes, would be sweet. Whats Death of Spying? Kill Cam?