Author Topic: 1 versus 1 Map - Maya Themed  (Read 5649 times)

DarkCrusade

1 versus 1 Map - Maya Themed
« on: September 05, 2009, 02:09:50 am »
I recently found out that 1 versus 1 matches are very nice to play :) Since there are not that many really pretty looking maps for this subgamemode I wanted to create something unique. With a sudden the idea came up to me to do a maya themed map with a temple hanging in the air, platforms and much vegetation in the for and background. Maybe a waterfall? Well, that are just things looking good for the eye. I need some layout suggestions for this map :)

I worked a bit on it and like you are able to see there are other colors now and I added the temple top left.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 06:31:10 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
Re: 1 versus 1 Map - Maya Themed
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 07:54:00 am »
Looks good, although I'd like to see something in the bottom left corner too. Looks a bit too plain there.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 11:01:54 am »
I have put there a stone (you can flow there, but with some cover).

I worked the map over. Some changes at vertice colors, I added scenery and stuff. Added the spawns, too. First downloadable version in this post as attachment :)

« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:50:56 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 03:09:26 pm »
Holy mother fu-....... It's seriously amazing man.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 03:28:35 pm »
Actually I made another good looking map that will have fucking bad gameplay :( Will need to do a lot of testing (maybe somebody could help? :P)

Offline By-qh0st

• Major(1)
  • R.I.P Micheal Jackson
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 03:32:01 pm »
I have put there a stone (you can flow there, but with some cover).

I worked the map over. Some changes at vertice colors, I added scenery and stuff. Added the spawns, too. First downloadable version in this post as attachment :)

*image*
woww veryy good map ;)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 07:03:14 pm by Wraithlike »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 03:52:21 pm »
Thanks, some changes and I´ll release it finally :)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 12:17:59 am »
Looks very good DarkCrusade! Your map making skills have improved since I first saw you start. Looks like a great kick ass map and you listened to my idea and it looks better!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 05:16:30 am »
Ugly IMO.

Looks too overdone.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 06:14:51 am »
Ugly IMO.

Looks too overdone.

I could say now gtfo sucker, but I won´t. I think your opinion is interesting for me :) Why does it look ugly / overdone?

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 08:10:51 am »
That scenery as the background is too bright and too colorful. That's why.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 08:12:45 am »
Well, I made this map on my laptop, it might appear too bright or too dark. I will overwork it on my regular pc and release it then :)

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 08:33:53 am »
I think you just have contrast issues here, thats all.  The dark building/temple structure contrasts a lot with the green trees and sunny skies, and at the same time, orange and that green seem to contrast eachother as well.  Might have to fiddle around with colors/opacity I think :)
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 11:33:49 am »
I am working on it right now :) Thanks to you all, you helped me a lot.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 06:46:00 am »
Scenery details are near zero. It's just a big disturbing shiet in the middle of map.
"Sun" makes it look like the forest is on fire and trees aren't normally that colorful.
And you can hardly see any polygons there - Don't ruin your maps with cheap backgrounds.

Well, I said I am working on it right now.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 09:41:11 am »
This is no suggestion. This is actually spam. I can take much critique but you are sometimes very annoying to be honest. Why should I, the HELL, delete all scenery? I said I am working on it currently, wait please for my next update.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 11:45:09 am »
I am currently working on a version with less scenery in the background just so you know. If others think too, that a filled background is ugly I will consider about removing it, but you are alone right now, everyone else thinks it is (mostly) good the way I had it in v1.

Offline Grimbad

• Soldier
  • Kharn
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 09:22:57 pm »
I actually really liked the scenery the way it was. Very pretty, and had a nice depth to it, too. Maybe just put the glow behind the trees to look more like a sunset.
!@#$%

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 05:25:04 am »
Wth, don't delete the scenery!! That's the bloody key feature of this map. Without that the map looks so plain and weird. It gives that effect of a really detailed and appealing deathmatch map. Key aspect, it looks really bad without it, pathetic constructive criticism imo.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 06:23:44 am »
Great then, I´ll release it today or tommorow then :)